Author Topic: questions from season 3  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
questions from season 3
« on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:35 AM »
So many of you obviously saw this a while ago. i have just seen some bits now so I apologise for the belated questions.
If any of you have been through one of these places you may be able to answer some of my questions.
Georgie appeared to have an amphetimine withdrawral flu for the entire time BC was being filmed. only once did you see her sucking a cough lolly. What did they do about kids who had serious drug withdrawrals which were making them demonstrably ill?

Julia (the stoner with the polish mum) was extremely thin. When she was close to graduation she mentioned she still had not mastered the ability to make fire. in the case of Aspen this meant no hot food.  Given that it took her about 10 weeks to graduate what would they have fed her or other kids who were banned from hot food?

All of the girls in bc 3 were pretty clean and well groomed all things considered. How are clothes usually laundered at long term wilderness places?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
questions from season 3
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »
The kids who went through it have moved on with their lives. I doubt they want to spend their time nitpicking details of the show with people on the other side of the world. That's just a guess.

But the world wants its entertainment...

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
It was a show and not very real
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
They were put through hell and it was not even close to the real things, but if you come from a country that regard children as equal human being you are in for an eye opener - big time!

Yes, they have moved on. Poppy wrote so at the brat camp forum on Channel four:
http://community.channel4.com/eve/forum ... 8130090086

Danni is due to have her own personal brat in some 13-14 years. So the roles is about to be reversed. The brats becomes the parents and hopefully not program parents.

From season two - one of the few ones they did not break - uses her experience to get into another TV-show.

http://www.islandoo.com/account/user_page/3584

Nice to see that Turn-about Ranch can not destroy all children (It was her with the mother, who told her child on the screen that she would kill herself due to the behavior of her child - the mother is still alive as far as i know.)

So all are moving on, altough roumors talk about Julia still having trouble with her mom. (Sometime parents should also attend a camp instead of the child.)

Only poor Georgie is still locked up in Texas.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
questions from season 3
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 07:32:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The kids who went through it have moved on with their lives. I doubt they want to spend their time nitpicking details of the show with people on the other side of the world. That's just a guess.

But the world wants its entertainment...

I was asking this question of any kid who has been through this wilderness programme or one similar.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
questions from season 3
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
Poppy wrote:
This time 2 years ago I would have been off my face in some park somewhere, or fighting with my parents, But no, I am in school, Free lesson  lol????

Life has changed for me, which was the point in Aspen, but, the changes havent been ones I ever expected, When I look out of the window I apreciate things more, the little things, When sitting in a class, the teacher, the pupils, they make me smile, help me, teach me?????????????..I lie awake often at night, I wish I was in Utah, under the stars where I wished I was at home, Its amazing the one place I didnt want to be at the time I long to be now and vica versa.

This reminds me of when my daughter attended SUWS in North Carolina. At the end of her stay we met her on the trail coming in from a 3 mile hike and I remember seeing her face, big smile, red cheeks.   She was so proud of herself on the last night, where they had all the parents sleep out in the woods.  She started a fire and cooked the meal herself, set up the lean-to.  We talked about her experiences, I mentioned the ground was kind of hard and she said you get use to it and it is kind of nice when the stars are out (she enjoyed seeing me a little uncomfortable and her being in control I think, Ha,Ha).  I remember she said she felt so healthy after being in the fresh air and eating healthy stuff for the past several weeks.  

Georgie?s mom wrote:
Georgie was the biggest rebel when she first arrived at Camp, but by the end of her time there, she'd totally changed. Her Mum Anne says: 'Before, she was completely inconsiderate. She didn't care what anyone felt or thought. She used to be blank and out of it and now she is alive. There is a sparkle in her eyes and fire in her belly. She is a completely different girl now and I believe it's a long-term change.'
Georgie is now in Texas, attending another residential programme, where she is hoping to build on the changes she made while in Utah. Her Mum sold her house to help fund the course, and Aspen got her a part scholarship.

I didn?t watch the show but it seems Georgie is doing much better and really turned her life around and making good choices after attending wilderness.  I heard she is attending Excel academy, anyone know how she is doing?

http://www.excelacademy.com/