Author Topic: Manipulations  (Read 9128 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 01:08:32 PM »
More respectfull discourse coming from the staff at HLA.

Robert- I don't deny that happened to you because I don't know who you are and have no reason to dispute you. The original email in this strain looks like it was written by a student named Dan who was a pathelogical liar. You seriously cannot believe anything he says.

Hey Dan- are your bones still shrinking?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 11:15:55 PM »
This one isn't a manipulation it's just pure gold.

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 01:15     Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHH...what makes you think anyone cares about what you babble about...I suppose some ex-wives never go away...You have got to be a ex-wife nightmare.Your connections are so limited and so long ago...get it you ditsy woman...you don't know shit about HLA as it is today.Go take care of your "new" family and shut the fuck up! No one cares about your never ending outdated narrow view opinions.  

That post in fact came from HLA. I wonder from who?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »
Well....this one should play well in the court room.

No one has lied. No one at HLA has anything to lie about. No apologies needed for what is going on a the school.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »
Yet again an HLA staffer pretends to be a former student.

Yeh I agree with whoever you are...it made me mad to see the shit they are saying about kathleen she is one of the greatest staff at hla. she doesn't deserve any of the crap she is getting..as an old student who had lots of ups and down at hla I can speak first hand. She has been there a long time andis always there for the students...

Three guesses as to which staff member this one was!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 07:41:25 PM »
The best part about all of this is, the HLA staff members thought they were being smart by posting anonmously. That way they could lie and manipulate to their hearts desire and no one would be the wiser.

As it turned out most people are a bit wiser than they are and what's more, because they posted anonmously they cannot go back and edit their posts.

Oh happy day..... :D

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 10:15:55 PM »
Isn't torture their hobby?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 09:41:27 AM »
Now why would an HLA staffer be asking about the cost of tuition? Something they are all more than familiar with.

I keep seeing the number $7000 a month thrown around. Where is everyone getting that ammount?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »
Oh look, he decided to answer his own question. Of course he lied and manipulated in doing so but such things are inconsequential.

You have no clue of what you are talking about. Tuition is currently 5300 per month, though I believe it will soon be going up to 5700. You are 1700 off. You say that doesn't matter, but if someone from HLA were on here saying it were 1700 LESS than the actual tuition you would be having a fit.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2006, 09:45:34 AM »
...and he then felt the need to top it all off with a steaming pile of bullshit.

And BTW... Hidden Lake gave families over 250,000 dollars in scholarships last year. 10% of the families go there for free.

Better check those numbers Mac.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:21 AM »
Kids are not getting a new set of uniforms every month. If they are, it is because they are intentionally destroying them. And, yes, that does happen.

Yes. Families have to pay back the financial aid if they do not finish the program. This is spelled out very clearly in the contract that they sign. If you don't want to follow the contract, don't sign it. No one is making them enroll their child here.

They want kids to finish the program, because HLA's experience has shown that kids that finish the program do better than those who do not finish the program. Believe it or not, HLA actually cares about how their kids do after graduation.

You would not believe the number of families that withdraw their kids early and then call back a few months later, begging HLA to allow them back into the school.

If a student graduates from HLA and follows HLA's post HLA reccomendations, and still blows it within the first six months of graduation, the kid can come back for free.

Hmm kids can go back for free huh? Let's find out just how true that is.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2006, 11:24:54 AM »
Even when they try to be honest it still just doesn't seem to come out quite right.

Okay...I will answer these.

Court-ordered- There are no kids that are sentenced to HLA. There are kids who the courts are allowing to go to HLA in leiu of being sentenced elsewhere and upon successful completing of the program will have their charges dropped. It is a matter of semantics, I know. But they are not technically "court ordered" to HLA.

Strip Search- Yes. STrip searched are done. Always have been, to my knowledge. Any denial of this is a lie and someone is not doing their job.

Sex with staff- I am aware of three rumors, no facts. Two rumors have to do with staff and students after both have left HLA. This is not AT ALL appropriate, but it did not happen while they were under the direct care of HLA. I am aware of one rumor of a staff having sex with a girl while she was at HLA. This has been ivestigated and,to my understanding, HLA can find no truth to the rumors other than people saying, "well I heard something happened, but I don't know for sure."

Drug free campus- HLA's campus is largely drug free. There have been times when kids have snuck drugs on campus, despite the fact that strip searches are done.

Students having sex with each other- HLA keeps very close tabs on its students. There have been kids have sex with each other, however, durign the almost 11 years of it's existence. It is rare though.

Accrediting agency guidelines- HLA is accredited by SACS and follows their guidelines.

Licensed for mental health care- No. HLA is not under any state license other than being accredited by several accrediting agencies.

Suicide attempts- While extremely rare, there have been suicide attempts on campus. There have been no successes.

Locked inside the dorms- The doors are locked from the outside, to keep people out. You can easily push the door open to get out in case of an emergency. There are at least three exits to each dorm.

Forced Labor as punishment- Kids do hard work as a consequence. Chopping woods, clearing dead branches, stacking fire wood, minor landscaping. HLA hires a professional landscaping crew for the major jobs.

Wilderness- Yes they follow their own rules regarding sending the students to wilderness. Who elses rules would they follow? If a child runs away, harms or severely threatens someone else, or brings drugs onto campus, they will go to wilderness.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »
No. They claim to be a therapeutic school, but also meet the requirements of a traditional school according to SACS. Most people see this as a good thing. In fact, it is a big selling point for the school.

Do you really not understand that Robert? It is not that difficult.

What he should have said is, "They (we) claim to be a therapeutic school when it's convienent. Of course that never occurs when talking to state agencies."

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »
Sigh......

"1. Food cannot be rationed.

2. Physical labor cannot be used as a punishment.

3. A state represenative must be available for greivances"

1. Food is not rationed.

2. If you consider raking leaves, pulling weeds, and chopping wood physical labor then, yes, HLA has physical labor. My father called it hard work and he gave me more of it when I misbehaved. If a parent reading this cannot handle their child doing some hard work as a consequence, then they should not enroll their child at HLA.

3. Anyone can report greivances to Child Protective Services if they have a problem with something.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »
Here we have an HLA staffer who either manipulating or really really dumb. Probably both.

This must be impossible because according to Robert Bruce there is noone to report grievences to concerning HLA. This looks like a grienvence to me.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2006, 12:12:04 PM »
Because kids manipulate their parents. Especially ones that are in programs and don't want to be there. If I were in a program, I would tell my parents anything I could to get pulled. It happens Robert. The more you talk, the less you sound like a kid who has been around kids at HLA. I question everything you have said at this point, because you sound so ignorant.

And it appears that adults can be just as manipulative. Moreso it seems when the dollar and sadistic fantasies come into play.