Author Topic: Manipulations  (Read 8984 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 01:29:34 AM »
My what beautiful brown eyes you have.....

It sounds like you are a new parent to HLA, so there are several kids in your childs Peer Group. They would likely not be able to figure out who you are. Even so, HLA does not mind at all any parent asking questions. I would advise you to take the advise of the person who said to show up unannounced, if you have that many concerns. Ask to meet alone with your child, there will be no problem with that. Ask to meet alone with your childs counselors. There will no problem with that. Ask to meet with other students who have been their for a while. There will be no problem with that.

If you have any discreptancies between what your child is saying and what the staff are saying then I would suggest a meeting with everyone together to clear the air.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2006, 01:31:11 AM »
This line in response to the claim that kids are punished for "manipulating" (telling the truth) their parents, and that fall out still occurs...

That is not a correct assumption. Maybe it was that way 10 years ago, but that is not how things work now.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 01:32:05 AM »
My favorite one of all:

On 2006-01-23 13:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Some Concerns:

Drugs on campus

Overzealous restrictions that accumulate into time at Ridge Creek

Monitoring out going mail to parents and refusing to send if they don't consider it "productive"

Confrontational group sessions

Not addressing academic needs (especially if sent to Ridge Creek)

Violence on campus especially in dorms

Facing restrictions if negative in any way, especially if they don't want to reveal dark secrets

Restrictions for psychological symptoms

To name a few...."

I think it is pretty clear that this is not a concerned parent making this post, but rather an HLA basher who is posing as a parent. That's pretty sick.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 02:58:01 PM »
I think this one highlights the caring nature of the staff at HLA

So there was a suicidal kid running away and the staff kept him from running into the woods? That is horrible. They should let all the suicidal kids who try running into the woods just go do what they want to do. Yeah, that makes more sense.

This was of course justifying restraining and slamming kids faces into gravel should they try and runaway. Suicidal or not.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 02:58:50 PM »
You're right, Robert. As the kid was running into the woods the staff should have said, "wait, let's talk". You are a simple minded idiot if you believe that works. Once a kid is desparate enough to take off running, they are not willing to talk anymore.

But a good beating always helps....

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »
A quick look on the HLA website will show you that none of the Master's level therapist that do the counseling with the students have a Master's degree in criminal justice.

That claim is just more typical scare tactics from you.

And more propoganda tactics from the puppets of HLA.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 05:54:45 PM »
Unbelievable, here an HLA puppet acknowledges that HLA is not licensed!

You're making this too easy for us lapdogs!

Damn HLA. They use a web-site to market their program. That should be illegal. Give me a break.

Everything you said in you post is a lie except for the fact that HLA is not licensed by the state.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2006, 07:36:42 PM »
Now this one didnt actually come from HLA. It came from an office in downtown Atlanta.

I wonder who it could have been...?

This one is actually accurate. There are kids who are excited about having horses and are volunteering. They have a full time staff member whose sole job is heading up this program.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »
Ironically Kathleen complains about censorship?

I have had two posts removed from this sight today. Something weird is going on.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 06:24:22 PM »
So not only do HLA staffers pretend to be students, they pretend to be parents as well.

I just found this when I was looking for places to send my daughter. I see that several of you are regulars and want to know more. Were you students at Hidden Lake Academy? We live in Lumpkin County so it would be convenient for us to send her there.

What a sound practice.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 12:59:24 AM »
Curiouser and Curiouser here's another posting from that mysterious office in downtown Atlanta. I wonder who it is?

Probably some average Joe.

What happened to the big lawsuit that was coming down on HLA? Is that not happening?

I wonder why that stranger would want to know information on a lawsuit against hla?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »
Here ladies and gentlemen is the HLA quintessential manipulation:

It is not actually a lie. What a judge will often do is suspend a childs sentence until they complete the program. If the family does not want to take this alternative, the child will then be ordered to a locked facility. Judges often like to give this option for kids who have committed a minor crime but obviously do not belong in a locked facility. That is why they offer HLA as an OPTION, not an order.

Kids will come in saying, and possibly truly thinking, that they are court ordered, when technically that is not the case.

It's not really court ordered...the kid has a choice, go to jail or come to hla. See not ordered!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 10:27:56 AM »
Here we have an HLA staffer discussing the positive aspects of kids being forced to stay in the chalet. No word yet on what those positive aspects are yet, but I'm sure we'll hear about them soon!

There are   a number of positive events that happen there, The house is used by HLA as a positive experience and by Ridge Creek also

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »
Now in all fairness even though the staff at HLA has apparently used any under handed tactic at their disposal to try and disrupt and or infiltrate this site, they have at least been mature about it.

For example look at what this HLA staffer had to say when DJ put a general request for comments about the state of the Boss' mind.

Your mom said she wants to make a comment

You see? "Your Mom" jokes are a sure sign of any reasonable and civil discourse. Open and honest discussion......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulations
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »
I think the "your mom" comment has been a running joke through all the forums.