Author Topic: found on the web  (Read 3192 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
found on the web
« on: January 03, 2002, 04:57:00 PM »
I found this post elsewhere on the web. Sounds pretty accurate all up to the last bit, which I do not believe to be true

"After years of abuse, some GULAG-survivors suffer the added pain of disbelief and denial from others when they try to talk about what has happened to them. After an early draft of An American Gulag was posted on the Internet, I received the following e-mail:

I've only just started reading [your book], and the tears stream down my face. I know I won't be able to swallow it all in one sitting, but do plan to return for more chapters as I am ready. I survived one of those "schools."

Sometimes, I don't know what to do. I've lived in this horrible, shameful fear for the last ten years, and no-one ever seems to believe me. They laugh in my face when I say the word "brainwashing."

I know you'll believe me, and I know you won't laugh. I just wanted to thank you for that, and for giving a voice to those of us that were denied one.

15. I ?Became? One of Them to Survive.

Some GULAG survivors take years before they can gain enough emotional distance to describe the abduction process. "D," who chose to remain anonymous, explained by email what happened after he was abducted twenty-five years ago.

I was abducted by The Seed in Miami Fla. when I was 15. My parents gave custody over to them, I was removed from school & turned into a 'good kid' & remained 'good' until I turned 18.

My parents friends had a daughter who I'd met once. She told them she "knew" I was on drugs & that The Seed could help me. I was using drugs but IMO [in my opinion] was not outta control. I had a part time job at the time that my dad used to drive me to. He told me one day that he had to pick up a couple people to drive up there.

He stopped at a house & picked up these two HUGE guys, & they both got into the back seat with me, one on either side, me in the middle. It was at that point that my dad told me there was a change of plans. They took me to a Blimp Hanger (Goodyear) where this Org. had been donated space. It had about 1000 kids in it on metal folding chairs. Boys on one side, girls on the other. They talked to us 12 hours a day, made us sit in these chairs the whole time, with no bathrooms.

They gave us PB&J & bug-juice (peanut butter and jelly and watered-down kool-aid) for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I was put into a foster-home with about 12 other boys. The foster-folks kept us up for more hours, talking to us. I ran away the 2nd day & was captured by the foster-folks, They grabbed me in a public place & nobody did nothin' to stop 'um. It was at this point that I became VERY untrusting of ANYBODY!

I acted very sorry for running, had my hair cut short that day & 'became' one of them to survive. I was allowed to go back to school after about 3 weeks. I was forbidden from speaking to my old friends except to say, "I love you, or The Seed loves you." I was watched very closely by everyone...there were about 16 other 'seedlings' in my school. We talked very little. It was impossible to confide in any of them because we didn't know who was a spy.

I "graduated" after 5 mos & 8 days. I stayed straight until I turned 18, then became an alcoholic. I kicked booze at 20 & started shooting drugs.., never did BEFORE the Seed! I kicked coke & heroin at 24. -- The Seed was closed down because the owner was busted for selling cocaine."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
found on the web
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »
No, I think that was just a rumor. I have some articles in the archive about how Dade County ran Art out of there by legal means. The actually checked the math behind those success claims and insisted on basic human dignities for clients. The nerve of them, eh?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
found on the web
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2002, 02:38:00 AM »
Poor thing sounds like Straight. We had watered down gatorade though and I was grateful for the PB&J cause I am a vegitarian. Much better that host home cookin of roast beast. Busted for coke though? I wish really.
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline jrstraight

• View Profile
found on the web
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 08:52:00 PM »
Dear Friends and neighbors,
   Let me begin by saying that I am a filmmaker living in Chicago. I have worked in many capacities on small films, large films and TV shows. That being said, let me backtrack.
   My girlfriend and myself both have sisters who are veterans of such ?programs?. My sister was in Kids Helping Kids in Northern Kentucky. My Girlfriend?s sister was in ?Straight? in Cincinnati and Washington DC (or Virginia).
   I feel I don?t have to go into all of the ramifications the experience has had on our families. Suffice it to say that while I have been reading the posts on this website (http://fornits.com/anonanon/sidetalk/)
I have come across things that shocked me and things that also sounded very familiar. I can say that panic attacks, mistrust and paranoia are things that my sister deals with on a daily basis. I feel like I lost the person who was my sister a long time ago.
That is what led me to the website. So I?m sitting there, late at night, wading through endless posts - unable to stop reading. That was the genesis of this open letter.
   I feel like humans are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. The only thing we can do is try to look at things that happened in the past - things done in certain political climates - things done in the heat of passion - and try to learn from them. We must always try to get at the truth, however elusive it might be.
   I have decided to send this letter to many of you whom I encountered on the website. I?ve decided that I might put together another forum: a long form documentary film about these issues. I realize that there are so many of you who would rather retain your anonymity. For this I cannot blame you one bit. I will say, however, if not you, who? If not now, when? This is your chance to let your voice be heard over the most powerful medium in the world: moving pictures with sound. I will not be seeking corporate sponsors for this project, nor will I be seeking network affiliation. I might be seeking non-corporate grant funding. This will be a true labor of love, funded out of my own pocket - a tithe, if you will, to humanity.

If you are a ?graduate? of the program or just attended for a short while, or if you are a family member of anyone involved I would be very interested in working with you on this project. I am looking for peope who had experiences both positive and negative. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
JR
[email protected]

Offline thom263

• View Profile
found on the web
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 06:36:00 AM »
Never heard about Art gettin busted, but i know his programs in St.Pete+FtLauderdale were being audited when St Pete shut down.Art also had a way of pissin people off(esp St Pete Times).But busted for coke?Thats a new one

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
Re: found on the web
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Coke,  the real thang