Author Topic: TC does not stand for tender-caring  (Read 1471 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
TC does not stand for tender-caring
« on: January 02, 2002, 10:35:00 AM »
Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.wftc.org/

Just how widespread has the TC modality come?
The freaden worldwide federation of Theraputic communites with branches thru out the world?
Arrrggghhh!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 12:12:00 PM »
Yeah, Greg. Didn't you know that? TC has become the accepted standard for drug treatment. Right now, Daryl Strawberry is in Phoenix House somewhere outside of Gainsville or Ocala. I read somewhere recently, prolly stuffed it into the archive, that DFAF is pushing federal legislation to mandate TC as the only approved (or the favored, I can't remember offhand) treatment modality for juveniles.

And here's a kicker for ya'. You know how GT, SAFE, AARC and Fr. Mantooth, et. al are always claiming to be a kinder, gentler Straight? Well the WFTC rejected Straight's membership application on the grounds of human rights abuses.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 01:52:00 AM »
I think I saw that bill posted at the congressional website. It is scary. Euphemisms have become the bane of our society. I propose an ammendment that would make euphemisms in new legislation unconstitutional. Yeah and after that passes how about the inclusion of brainwashing as a terrorist act.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"