Author Topic: Strange Memories Intercoastal Canal ?  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Clambo

• View Profile
Strange Memories Intercoastal Canal ?
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:22:04 AM »
I've read a BUNCH of interesting things tonight.....I'm thinking my friend might not be so crazy now....but perhaps totally in the grips of PTSD and other such things.

Several of you mentioned strange happenings at the Intercoastal Canal. My friend claims she was taken out there in Roloff's plane and then raped by some guy....that Roloff set the whole thing up. She claims she became pregnant and later gave birth to twin boys which she was forced to give up for adoption.

I'm not sure how much is fact and how much is fiction here......but I have read enough to know that it's not entirely implausible. She's a compulsive liar and quite delusional sometimes but I think there may be at least some truth in her claim.

She said that she thought at the time, " You can have my body but you can't have my mind. "

I think that is/was the origin of her seeming multiple personality problem.

All I know for sure is that............something happened out there. Anyone else wanna chime in ?

Nothing I've read thus far indicates anything about Roloff and company doing anything remotely as heinous as having a 14 yr old raped.........

If you know something I don't, please don't be afraid to contact me or speak up. I care very deeply for this woman and I need all the information I can get. She is not doing well at all in life. Major drug and alcohol problems, has had them for 25 years. She has all the accompanying problems too. I don't even know how to describe her current behavior. Sweet, charming, successful, beautiful, mother, wife, home owner, successful career.......at the same time alcoholic, cocaine addict, heroin addict, liar, manipulator, sex addict, etc. etc.
I dated her for several months before I started to learn who she really was. Wow. I've never met anyone who can look you right in the eye and lie to you over and over no matter how much evidence you present to the contrary. She lives in about 3 different realities and I can actually see her jump from one to the other. It's amazing. It used to really piss me off. Finally I came to the conclusion that she actually believes what she says....

I feel very sorry for her daughter and her husband. (Still !) Not to mention every other guy who ever got involved with her.

I'm not involved with her that way anymore. Not since I became enlightened to the facts anyway, but I still care about her and I know her life has reached an entirely new low recently and I know she's going to pop back into my life at some point looking for an escape disguised as wanting "help". And once again I know I'm going to try and help and I know once again I am going to pay a very dear price for it. I feel I have to. I am the only one left that will.

The most surreal day of my life was listening to her tell me all about Roloff and the Honeybees and being raped.......while she was loaded to the stratosphere on Oxycodone and playing old church songs from memory on her piano. She claims to have memorized something like 300 of them and can quote the Bible with equal ease.

If there were one person who had a hand in making her what she has become and I could prove it.......I would gladly kill that person very slowly.

John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:18:18 PM »
There are several things to consider here.  The source, as you say, is probably intermingling truth and delusion in her story.
The possibility of her being raped at the intercoastal is very, very likely.  Reason being, this was where they kept the most troubled boys.  The ones that could actually pose a threat in the normal farm environment.  That, and the fact that their raging hormones were being repressed can lead to a girl there being raped.
I do not believe Roloff would set it up, but I do believe that your friend sees it that way.  I could believe that she told what happened and was accused of being seductive, or made to believe that it was her fault.  Possibly shamed.  If she did get pregnant, the child, or children were most likely given up for adoption.  
The possibility of this story being true exists, just as the possibility of it not being true exists.
If it is true, can you really fault this woman for the life she now lives?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »
this is a bullshit story yer friend told you. lester wasnt that type of man. your friend probably got knocked up while pulllin a train on some of the farm kids and/or farm workers

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
other peoples stories
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 06:13:16 PM »
To the last poster,
You don't get to call bullshit on other peoples stories and memories.  You can feel strongly about something without discounting someone else's opinion.  If a person wanted to know how Lester Roloff felt about women (it wasn't good) all they would have to do is listen to some of his sermons which are still readily available online.  If the person the first poster referred to is truly someone he cares about, he should do a little research, and he will find a very long drawn out history of abuse connected to the Roloff homes.  Documented clear back to the early 60's.  But if they are not truly someone he cares about then by all means he can take your word for it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
I agree with the "bullshit" poster of Aug 03, 2007 - the stories from the woman with the addictions and the multiple personalities cannot be believed at all. I've known people like that, they are basically con artists who take advantage of the empathy of everyone else. I wish Clambo, the Nov 03, 2006 poster, would do a follow-up posting about the woman he was so concerned about.

Lester Roloff was a consummate Christian and never did a thing but follow the Bible scriptures as he interpreted them. I lived at his City of Refuge in the Rio Grande Valley from late '63 when it opened until I left in '66 with Brother Bobby McMeens, the director, who started his Christian Corral Boys Ranch in New Braunfels, TX.

As for "abuse," that's mostly how the incorrigible and delinquent kids interpreted the counseling - which I admit could extend up to paddling - that resulted when they broke the rules. A lot of the kids at Roloff's homes were far from the average boy or girl, and were being saved from state incarceration by the grace of Roloff and his staff. To many of those kids, just living under strict Christian rules seemed like abuse! Hey, I had that attitude myself at times back then!

And you know, although it's been years since the Roloff vs. State of Texas battle, we still see the word "abuse" tossed out when complaints arise from a school or a home or a parent enforcing a strict code of conduct. It does get the names of certain people or organizations in the headlines, after all.

In the final analysis, if we want civilization to advance and the world to become a better place, we need rules and role models that can counteract dissolution and evil-doing. Human behavior is a broad spectrum, and even religions and cults have helped with those things.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Roloffs, in the late 80's
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:21 PM »
I never met Lester, and couldn't say as to what kind of person he was.  What I can say is that the folks who were in charge after him were abusive, more emotionally than physically from my experience.  I was there, I have seen what they were capable of.  Please don't categorize other's experiences by YOUR experience.  

If you were in City of Refuge, you went in either voluntarily, or by court order and either had the choice to leave whenever you wanted or when your judge said you could.  You were not dragged there and dumped by your family with no hope of leaving until your year was done, if then.  Unfortunately, for some even with the emotional abuse, it was a safer haven than home.  This was not the case for all.

I am an adult, with children of my own.  I know the difference between paddling, and abuse.  Understand that I saw paddling, and I saw abuse.  You stated, "As for "abuse," that's mostly how the incorrigible and delinquent kids interpreted the counseling "  There was NO counseling when I was there.  Perhaps there was in the '60s, but not in the late '80s.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 10:53:54 PM »
Rebekah was not even in existance when our friend from city of refuge who prefers to remain anon was there.  You can find the history of the homes by googling.  The girls that were in Rebekah in the late 60's and early 70's were mostly there due to bad abuse in their homes, or pregnancy.  I would love to hear how he assumes it is ok to hit someone who is pregnant with a board or a razor strap.  Or how being beat for the slightest infraction qualifies as couceling at all.  I have never heard of a therapeutic beating.  

Roloff preached hate from the pulpit and years after he was gone it was still being forcefed to these troubled teens from intercoms in their sleep.  A lot of girls were placed in Rebekah to keep the dirty little family secrets under the rug.  A girl kept totally isolated from the world around them cant blab about the family secrets.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Hatred from the pulpit toward women
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:13:08 AM »
Lorri, I know hon.  You know me, you jusht don't realize you do.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 07:44:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
In the final analysis, if we want civilization to advance and the world to become a better place, we need rules and role models that can counteract dissolution and evil-doing. Human behavior is a broad spectrum, and even religions and cults have helped with those things.

I love this statement.  Kind of sums up their rationalizations real nice for lots of these ideologically driven cults.

Just exactly HOW do cults help further the progress of humankind?  Seems there are lots of people who experience longterm trauma from having gone through that brainwashing.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Councelling
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 02:10:43 PM »
Guest Wrote:  
As for "abuse," that's mostly how the incorrigible and delinquent kids interpreted the counseling - which I admit could extend up to paddling - that resulted when they broke the rules. A lot of the kids at Roloff's homes were far from the average boy or girl, and were being saved from state incarceration by the grace of Roloff and his staff. To many of those kids, just living under strict Christian rules seemed like abuse! Hey, I had that attitude myself at times back then!

Ok two things, it could extend up to way worse than paddling, it could extend up to torture,  and being hit with a board is not councelling even though it was by far not the worst thing they did to people.  Most of the boys and girls at the homes were from disfunctional families, but they were average boys and girls.  Sweet, shy, smart, a little withdrawn, but really most looked like poster children from the boy or girl next door ideal.  Most came from highly abusive and religious homes,  and I knew several who were placed there for spiritual growth, only problem is that the homes major goal was to kill your spirit and make a submissive little robot out of you.  GREAT COUNCELLING!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Councelling
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »
Guest Wrote:  

Ok two things, it could extend up to way worse than paddling, it could extend up to torture,  and being hit with a board is not councelling even though it was by far not the worst thing they did to people.  Most of the boys and girls at the homes were from disfunctional families, but they were average boys and girls.  Sweet, shy, smart, a little withdrawn, but really most looked like poster children from the boy or girl next door ideal.  Most came from highly abusive and religious homes,  and I knew several who were placed there for spiritual growth, only problem is that the homes major goal was to kill your spirit and make a submissive little robot out of you.  GREAT COUNCELLING!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Strange Memories Intercoastal Canal ?
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »
I was there 30 years ago, canal, valley and farm..............We were all wayword kids heading down paths of self destruction.  I don't understand all the hate being thrown at this place, today I am a very poor christian, but I am a Christian.  I do know with all my heart that without the discipline and instruction I received there, I would be dead or in prison, undeniably.

It was strict, it was harsh at times and I was inundated, no......bombarded by God's word the entire time I was there.  But it healed me.  It was exactly what I needed, though I didn't know it at the time.  I did know people who I believe had bad experiences there, and probably are some of the posters in this thread, but certainly not of the horrific  nature I have read.  It was more not fitting in or refusing to fit in or just plain rebellion which would have occured whether they were at Roloffs or not.  

I would imagine that memories get exagerated over time, much like my sports endeavors when I recall them to colleagues....(I wasn't as good as I thought I was).

If you or someone you know or love had a bad experience, I hope that honest reflection reveals the truth of that experience, and if they were done wrong, I hope that it is righted to them in some way.

Anyway, that's my story and if you were hurt by your experience I'm very sorry, if true, my prayer is that it that you are restored for loss or pain.  If not true, really lay off, this place helped alot of people like me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
WHO could you post as Waldo a few times, just to make it sporting?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 11:54:33 PM »
Quote from: "WHO was missing for like 45 min. Don't worry I found him."
WHO could you post as Waldo a few times, just to make it sporting?

the poster telling the victims they are exagerating their expereiences is thewho? My god, that thing is so sick. What does this roloff cult even have to do with SYnanon/ASR? What could POSSIBLY be its motivation?

Offline TimScrivener

• View Profile
Re: Rebekah
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »
Quote from: "lorrispickelmire"
Rebekah was not even in existance when our friend from city of refuge who prefers to remain anon was there.  You can find the history of the homes by googling.  The girls that were in Rebekah in the late 60's and early 70's were mostly there due to bad abuse in their homes, or pregnancy.  I would love to hear how he assumes it is ok to hit someone who is pregnant with a board or a razor strap.  Or how being beat for the slightest infraction qualifies as couceling at all.  I have never heard of a therapeutic beating.  

Roloff preached hate from the pulpit and years after he was gone it was still being forcefed to these troubled teens from intercoms in their sleep.  A lot of girls were placed in Rebekah to keep the dirty little family secrets under the rug.  A girl kept totally isolated from the world around them cant blab about the family secrets.

Roloff did not preach hate. The don't play his preaching to anyone while they sleep. Not beat for the slightest infraction either. You don't know what you're talking about. Better have some proof before making this kind of allegations.