Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 1493 times)

Offline justme831

• View Profile
Just a question
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:47:03 AM »
I have been contacted by this person, who wanted info on the program, aarc. Something is not setting well with me. This person laughed waay too much about what they were goig through. I do understand that we need to vent and sometimes it is less painful to laugh or joke.

They claimed to have put their child in and cannot get them out. I do not know anything about the Law in CANADA. But they told me that there is not one person that can help. It just does not add up, mostly because  ... there is a site with a ton of wonderful willing to help.

I am from Kids in the US, sooo I could be wrong

Any insight :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Something not right...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »
Well, if my child was someplace, and I wanted to get them out, and the place wouldn't cooperate, I'd go to the police, the media and get an attorney involved...not necessarily in that order.  Your assessment that something isn't right seems spot on.  I wouldn't consider it any form of laughing matter.  

Unfortunately, I know nothing of Canadian laws...anybody have some information they can contribute that would be helpful?
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just a question
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:54:50 PM »
After talking to dozens and dozens of people about this, turning to everyone I possibly can for support or ideas, yes laughing and joking is the only way to try to get through this.

It makes me feel better, makes me think there may be some hope. My friends tell me to try to think positive. Joking makes me think positive.

The situation is getting bleaker by the day, I haven't been permitted contact with my child for MONTHS, and I don't know when or ever I WILL get to talk to him again or what he will be like when I can!!!!

I have contacted every person I can possibly think of!!!!!!!!!!

This tread is making me angry and I wish I had never read it.

Whoever you are, I am very sorry for not reacting the way you would have liked me to react. What exactly AM i supposed to do???????

Police won't help as the kid is court ordered to the program. They will NOT defy a court order.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Re: Just a question
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:06:55 PM »
Quote from: ""justme831""
They claimed to have put their child in and cannot get them out.

The above statement is NOT the same thing as a child having been court ordered there.  As mentioned, if it was me I would contact the police, you tried that & it wasn't helpful.  Talk to the media.  Talk to an attorney.  Stand outside with a sign that says "____", I love you.  

AGAIN, I do not know anything about the Canadian court system.  In America, if the court ordered him/her there, you could go sit in that judge's courtroom everyday possible.  You could also take notes until they start asking you why you're there.  When they do, tell them what's happening at the facility.  

I apologize if I upset you, but the two statements...(put their child in vs. court ordered) are not the same.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Just a question
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:09:52 PM »
Do you have custody or not?

Get court ordered Visitation!

Protest it!

Shit, hit up Rachael here on the forums, SHE WAS SENT THERE.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just a question
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 11:35:21 PM »
He had criminal charges, I heard of this place and brought it to the courts. He was ordered there. Later, in court, I withdrew consent for him to attend. The judge sent him back anyway.

I contacted family court. I can't be granted visitation rights as I already have SOLE custody and guardianship. My son's lawyer states the program has guardianship. Lots could be done in criminal court but my son can choose his OWN counsel. From AARC he fired his own lawyer and has a new lawyer who's represented AARC clients for over 15 years.

He's in the program, I am not, and I can't talk to him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just a question
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?

Offline justme831

• View Profile
I was told
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
I was told that this person put their son in aarc b/c it would be better for him than jail. Sorry if I did not make myself clear. This is very hard for all of us and I do know that they have feelers out there. I am an open book and not scared to let people know who I am. I can show you the slash marks on my arm from cutting, medical records from suicide attempts.

I just care and wanted to know if this was for real. She told me that she was going to send me an e-mail, she did not, she also said that she got my phone # from some guy named Jerry, I do not know a Jerry..... I have only given my # out once!!!!!!  Plus when she first called me and left a message the phone just rang .... no voice mail. She said that she is hurting for money but when she did call me back we spent 3 hrs on the phone. This was only a few day's ago. Tonight I tried to call and the phone number is not working.

I am sorry but things do not add up .... Hope that I am wrong but you can never be too careful

Just Me

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Just a question
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »
If you have custody.

You can talk to him.

Get a REAL lawyer and go to the media.

PEOPLE IN PRISON CAN VISIT FAMILY. THIS IS BULLSHIT.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."