Author Topic: sorensons ranch  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 02:37:33 AM »
I bet all these pro-democracy rioters would just love to know that the current monarchy is openly allowing children to be abused on its soil.

Anyone speak Tongan?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 05:02:23 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I'll never understand why programs have to pay for referrals.  Is this true throughout the troubled teens industry?  Are there no laws prohibiting this practice?  It just seems like a definite conflict of interest, IMO.

Do parents who use these referral services know that they may be choosing a program that pays for referrals?  If so, you would think they'd at least question whether that's appropriate in this kind of industry (behavioral healthcare).

Journalists who write about the troubled teen industry should be looking at this issue more closely.  Interview experts from places like Hazleton, AACAP, and other prestigious organizations to see what their policy or opinion is on this issue.

Indeed, talk to the experts--the ones who have never seen a program and whose experience is limited to things like state-run boot camps.  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »
I'm in complete agreement. They should interview people with extensive program experience as well.

I'd suggest that reporters come to Fornits to get the real truth from people with such experience, but guess what- they already do...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 06:56:47 PM »
I'll never understand why programs have to pay for referrals.  Is this true throughout the troubled teens industry?  Are there no laws prohibiting this practice?  It just seems like a definite conflict of interest, IMO.

Do parents who use these referral services know that they may be choosing a program that pays for referrals?  If so, you would think they'd at least question whether that's appropriate in this kind of industry (behavioral healthcare).

Journalists who write about the troubled teen industry should be looking at this issue more closely.  Interview experts from places like Hazleton, AACAP, and other prestigious organizations to see what their policy or opinion is on this issue.

Indeed, talk to the experts--the ones who have never seen a program and whose experience is limited to things like state-run boot camps.  :roll:

Actually, this is a child-safety issue.  Unethical business practices puts children at risk of harm and parents of fraud.

So yes, reporters and journalists should find out why this practice is even tolerated by this self-regulated industry.  Just how many programs are giving out kick-backs to referral companies?  Since nobody will say (PURE for example, does not disclose the names of the programs that pay them for referrals that result in a placement).

A good investigative journalist (such as the kind who tend to work for shows like Dateline) should have no trouble digging around this grey area.  They can start with outfits like PURE who apparently refers (or did refer) to Sorenson's.

Of course, it will have to be balanced to cover their ass but that's okay.  This is a child safety issue and something that is just coming to the surface as a result of some rather high-profile "news coverage" cough-cough.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Another Crocked Program Compliments of Sue Scheff
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »
Sorenson is another of the "Sue Scheff parents helping parents" fly trap.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
Sorenson's Ranch School et al v. My Space, Civil No. 06- 00632 (D. Utah filed July 31, 2006).

Sorenson's Ranch School and its owners, Burnell and Carrol Sorenson, filed suit against MySpace over a page devoted to the school on the site, created by an unknown party.  (The page appears to have been removed.)   According to the suit, the page alleged that the Sorensons engage in child abuse, their staff is not qualified, and they engage in false advertising.  No action has been taken since the suit was filed.

----------------

Let's hope this case is actually defended (if it isn't dismissed and actually goes to trial) though with the page gone, it could be the case isn't going to move forward.  

I never saw the MY SPACE webpage on Sorenson's.  Any Fornites get a chance to see it before it was removed?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
sorensons ranch
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
Sorenson's Ranch School et al v. My Space, Civil No. 06- 00632 (D. Utah filed July 31, 2006).

Sorenson's Ranch School and its owners, Burnell and Carrol Sorenson, filed suit against MySpace over a page devoted to the school on the site, created by an unknown party.  (The page appears to have been removed.)   According to the suit, the page alleged that the Sorensons engage in child abuse, their staff is not qualified, and they engage in false advertising.  No action has been taken since the suit was filed.

----------------

Let's hope this case is actually defended (if it isn't dismissed and actually goes to trial) though with the page gone, it could be the case isn't going to move forward.  

I never saw the MY SPACE webpage on Sorenson's.  Any Fornites get a chance to see it before it was removed?

i'll host it... someplace.  does anybody have cached or saved copy.  i'll put it up someplace outside US jurisdiction.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 12:08:41 AM »
Thanks psy - that's a really cool offer.

Hope someone can find the page but I'm not real optimistic.  If nothing else, we need to keep an eye on this lawsuit.  Is someone with a pacer acct. can read the complaint and post it somewhere, that would be very helpful.  

Once again, thanks psy.  You're a good soul.

:D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 07:02:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
what a safe place to put kids!
http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Ton ... 24182.html

I was in sorenson for a year it wasn't bad! they don't beat kids-I always thought of it as a military based bording school. Without sorenson I would not be here today.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 07:56:40 PM »
Without sorenson I would not be here today.

How do you know that? You didn't have the option to experience otherwise.

I   SO tire of this statement. People are so quick to argue the hypothetical.

OK, I'm glad you didn't come out of there damaged, and found some benefit in it, but you have no way of knowing how you would have turned out otherwise. None of us do. We never got the chance to know. "Programmies" will take pains to point out what kind of trouble they were getting into, and how it was going to lead to certain doom, but the fact of the matter is, there is just no way to know for certain what would have happened. You may have done just fine, or you may have ended up a complete failure. Doesn't matter, cause it didn't happen that way. You won't ever know. So stop trying to be clairvoyant.

We are all a product of the program in some way (for those of us who survived). For better or worse. Our alternate path will always remain a mystery.

I can't even begin to think of what I would have been like if I hadn't been sent to CEDU. It makes my brain hurt, as well as my heart. As a result, I don't bother thinking about it. It's a waste of energy.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 11:45:03 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
I can't even begin to think of what I would have been like if I hadn't been sent to CEDU. It makes my brain hurt, as well as my heart. As a result, I don't bother thinking about it. It's a waste of energy.

Just a suggestion, while it may not be useful to dwell on it, this could be a very useful direction to take in counseling, depending on the venue you have chosen. It has the potential to take you directly to the loss and consequent grief associated with the experience. Might ask your therapist about it.
For instance, you'd say, "Had I not gone to CEDU, I would ______." And then express the first thought that comes to mind, no matter how stupid it might sound.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2007, 11:57:42 PM »
OK, I can see that, but do you see any value in people speculating that they would have died had they not been in a program? That it saved their life? That they take that assumption at face value? This is my issue with the people who sing the praises of programs, stating that it saved them. I say "You have no fucking way of knowing that. You aren't a psychic."

More importantly, it was most likely the program that had them convinced they were going to die without help, anyway.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 12:51:31 AM »
If you're responding to me, no I see no value in people speculating that they would've died w/o program. I've made the same argument before. They might also walk out of program and get run down by a bus. There are no guarentees and we begin the dying process the moment we're born. As you know, they've been programmed. They must 'make the best of it', find some 'value', in order to maintain internal equilibrium when the truth is too confusing or overwhelming to deal with head on.

The counseling direction I suggested was not intended for the person who has bought the deadinsaneorinjail program line. Although, come to think of it, it might be useful for them as well to shake loose some of the programming.

It was intended for you, in response to, "I can't even begin to think of what I would have been like if I hadn't been sent to CEDU."  
To rephrase, "Had I not been sent to CEDU, I would've/could've/might've __________." Then express your first thought.
Make sense? In terms of accessing the loss/grief? Pretty mainline access if you take the direction seriously and stick with it. But, do not dwell on the losses/grief outside of the counseling session.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
sorensons ranch
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »
No. No. I understand that you were referring to me and not them. I was simply addressing the issue of programmie testimony in reference to what I was talking about in the other part.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
sorensons ranch
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 08:52:53 AM »
bumpity bump
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)