Author Topic: Moving Blues  (Read 974 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Moving Blues
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:28:21 PM »
After over 4 years of nagging, I have finally decided to move out of Florida.  I grew up in Pinellas County and spent my whole life here.
The political climate here is perfect for allowing places like Straight to start up and thrive.  This area has become so densly populated that 5 Straights could be up and running right now, and nobody would really be able to tell.  I was the last one of my family to still hold on to the Straight doctrines and values.  This made me a freak and something had to be done, so I was ostricised and basically kicked out of the family.  I've spent a great deal of my life living alone and maintaining my own domicile with nothing little to show for it.  
But guess what?  That's life!  That is how it works and I don't feel bad about it not one bit.  Sure I could stay down here and give guided Air Boat Tours through Cross Bayou and Bay Pines looking for Jerry Vancil's skeleton for Halloween, but what's in it for me?

As it stands there is gonna simply be another small pickup truck on I-75 with a bed full of belongings and a small Macaw riding shot-gun up front heading north to a new life.  I don't know how many CD's I will go through to reach Tennessee, but I hope less than 14.  I could use some helpful suggestions as far as time of day to travel from St.Pete to Chattanooga.  I hear Atlanta is a real mother scratcher to drive through when it is busy.  I am thinking maybe leaving here around 7pm and busting straight on up til I get there.  

My main concern is gonna be getting Charo off the road as soon as possible.  I don't wanna stress her out as well as running the risk of some psycho asshole trying to steal her.  I want to let her get used to her new surroundings and what not before the weather gets too cold.  I think it will be cool to live up there.  I spent a great deal of time each summer from '74 to '77  in the scouts camping and hiking up there so I know the area from back then.  I just hope it has not changed too much.  It will also be easier to visit other Survivors from a more centrally located state too.  Part of me is sad to go, and the other part is as nervous as a whore in church but w'ell se e how it goes
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Moving Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
Moving to a new place is always an adventure.  Have fun and enjoy.  Good luck.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Moving Blues
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 07:25:58 PM »
Good luck with the move.  Atlanta can be fucked, drive carefully. Peace.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Moving Blues
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »
Quote from: ""85 Day Jerk""
After over 4 years of nagging, I have finally decided to move out of Florida.  I grew up in Pinellas County and spent my whole life here.
The political climate here is perfect for allowing places like Straight to start up and thrive.  This area has become so densly populated that 5 Straights could be up and running right now, and nobody would really be able to tell.  I was the last one of my family to still hold on to the Straight doctrines and values.  This made me a freak and something had to be done, so I was ostricised and basically kicked out of the family.  I've spent a great deal of my life living alone and maintaining my own domicile with nothing little to show for it.  
But guess what?  That's life!  That is how it works and I don't feel bad about it not one bit.  Sure I could stay down here and give guided Air Boat Tours through Cross Bayou and Bay Pines looking for Jerry Vancil's skeleton for Halloween, but what's in it for me?

As it stands there is gonna simply be another small pickup truck on I-75 with a bed full of belongings and a small Macaw riding shot-gun up front heading north to a new life.  I don't know how many CD's I will go through to reach Tennessee, but I hope less than 14.  I could use some helpful suggestions as far as time of day to travel from St.Pete to Chattanooga.  I hear Atlanta is a real mother scratcher to drive through when it is busy.  I am thinking maybe leaving here around 7pm and busting straight on up til I get there.  

My main concern is gonna be getting Charo off the road as soon as possible.  I don't wanna stress her out as well as running the risk of some psycho asshole trying to steal her.  I want to let her get used to her new surroundings and what not before the weather gets too cold.  I think it will be cool to live up there.  I spent a great deal of time each summer from '74 to '77  in the scouts camping and hiking up there so I know the area from back then.  I just hope it has not changed too much.  It will also be easier to visit other Survivors from a more centrally located state too.  Part of me is sad to go, and the other part is as nervous as a whore in church but w'ell se e how it goes

Hey Bob, I've been to Chattanooga; it was in the early 90's when I was roadie for Lungfish.

I got to know some people there. Most of them moved here and in one case, moved elsewhere. Do you know people there?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Meeting new people
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 06:26:34 PM »
If I can get ahold of him, I would like to have lunch with M. Bell who was also a foster brother in my home during the program.  There is also Metal God who is not too far away, and Leigh Bright who I hit it off with so famously during the squabbles that went on during the Safetynet/Issac wars.  (I still clean up real good)  There is a real possibility that a reunion could be in the near future.  Moving to Tennessee is gonna be like moving to Mexico for me.  My dollars will go alot further up there.

The weather in Florida has alot to do with why people act the way they do.  The heat and humidity just sap the strength right out of you.  If it were not for air conditioning, I think the state would still be a frontier wilderness.  With air conditioning, people are clustered into their little oasis's of comfort and it creates a really clique like environment.  Not too many "real people" brave the environment down here.  I remember working on the sidewalk crew damn near killed my ass and then found out later that my meds were a very big factor.  Take that Arthur McDuffee incident that happened in 1980 and sparked all those riots.  Them cops got hot fast on his ass.  I think one of the reasons they beat his ass so bad was because they had to drag their pussy ass crisp clean shirt wearing asses out of that comfy air conditioned squad car and deal with a billigerant moron that was high on PCP in the Ninety Plus degree head on a swealtering hot night.  I just hope I don't get attacked by a damn Black Bear taking out the trash some night.  I hear it don't even do any good running, cuz them suckers can climb trees.  Well, I am going to try and say by to Melvin by giving him a sticker before I go.    Once I am settled in up there, my brother in law is gonna get us hooked up to DSL.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to doing posts like I did in the old days.  It's just too damn hard to get into it in the library with all the bullshit going on all around you.  Plus I don't have access to alchohol, which always helps shake loose some memories.  See ya all Later,  Bob
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?