Author Topic: Welcome Spouses  (Read 15595 times)

Offline SpouseDV

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« on: February 24, 2003, 11:08:00 PM »
Welcome all spouses of all treatment centers. This is our home to vent how hard it is to live with a survivor, how much we love them, and all the issues we deal with as spouses. Feel free to talk on any subject in here this is just kinda our hang out.  :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline butternationaIist

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
beans

Offline myshellmarie

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
My husband is a survivor of straight inc. around 1986. The info could help our relationship and the same with the kids. He still struggles to get past the worst

Offline notstupidlikeyou

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 01:42:57 AM »
I thought I was the only one there all difficult lovely buttmunches almost over grown 2 year olds. The program is all I heard about for the 1st yr of our relationship. lol :o

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:46:31 AM »
I noticed that there were very few posts in this forum.  The experience of being almost broken in AARC still haunts my friend after more than ten years.  She completed high school as an adult, then college, where she qualified for a scholarship based on her grades in first year.  She is however, plagued by the attempt AARC made to break her, and by the experience of AARC covering up assaults in the recovery homes.  If your partner is haunted by an experience like this, then unless you leave, you will be too.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:13:06 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »
Yeah, I never did think this one was going to take off. For one thing, I wouldn't care much for having my spouse shootin' shit w/ my friend's spouses about just how fucked up we all are. The chick who initially requested this, you guessed it, flew the coop. I'm guessing you have too or are thinking about it.

If your partner is haunted by an experience like this, then unless you leave, you will be too.

There's another option. Some sick fucks will stay with the affected partner for years, holding them in disdain and contempt, so long as all parties collude in making like it's all in the program vet's crazy little fucked up head.

So, since this forum is so dead, why not put it to use? What ya say I change the name to "Ex-spouses of Survivors" and we can all shit talk our ex-es instead?
 :rofl:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:17:34 PM »
She flew the coop actually, but she's back.  I don't like to shit-talk.  I don't hold anyone in disdain whose will is broken as a child.  But sometimes it ain't a lot of fun living with someone who has been through a child-abuse mill.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline aillecat2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 04:02:59 AM »
Quote from: ""ajax13""
She flew the coop actually, but she's back.  I don't like to shit-talk.  I don't hold anyone in disdain whose will is broken as a child.  But sometimes it ain't a lot of fun living with someone who has been through a child-abuse mill.

You';re absolutely right, and it takes dedication and love to live with us, but I promise you, most of us, because it is so hard to find people that can deal with all of the trauma... will give you just as much or more dedication and love in return...

I know I'm late here, but I'm a survivor with a wonderful domestic partner... and she's a wonderful stepparent to my 5 year old son...

I couldn't ask for anything better...
quot;$solution = undef() until $solution != /coersion/;\" -Antigen

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Welcome Spouses
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:25:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
There's another option. Some sick fucks will stay with the affected partner for years, holding them in disdain and contempt, so long as all parties collude in making like it's all in the program vet's crazy little fucked up head.

Don't I know this all too well... Kept me down for years and years... Wasn't 'till we ran into some former classmates of mine and they all began to weep spontaneously about that time, that I was ever taken seriously.

Perhaps this Forum should be renamed "Spouse Issues" (resultant from the Programs), hahaa!!
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Re: Welcome Spouses
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:29:46 AM »
I bet if my boyfriend got on this forum he would probably say I'm a nutball

in the sack

bahahahahaha
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]