Author Topic: 'ELLO KIDDIES!! This ain't no Cheap Trick  (Read 1416 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
'ELLO KIDDIES!! This ain't no Cheap Trick
« on: February 16, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »
Whew!  I just got done reading all the stuff posted under the title Unanswered Mail.  Either someone made a slip, or they were defending me in one of the posts.  Pretty trippy stuff no matter how you slice it.

As stated before, in the Yahoo Straight Alumni Site, I have had some bumper stickers printed up and distribute them around downtown St. Pete.  I have been very subdued about it and let the stickers speak for themselves.  They are catchy as hell and I am pleased to announce that they are starting to turn up on the roadways.  I made them for one express purpose......to put the word on the street.  Just like old Cab Calloway did with those kids in the Blues Brothers, middle school kids with spiked hair are plastering these stickers at school, on stop signs and on their notebooks and hopefully are logging on to Wes Fager's website to learn more.  I want my Bay Area public to be made aware of what happened to us all and how it all started here in my own hometown back in 1976.  If sucessful, enough people will be aware of Sembler and his goons long before he is able to start the cycle all over again with a new generation of innocent youths.  This is how I am fighting back for now.
I have had my own share of ups and downs this past year and have lost communication with an old friend due to the childish manipulations and meddling of Crispy Chris, Captain Blowtoad, and Miss Moan-Row.
     Anyone wishing to recieve 2 free stickers need only send a self addressed stamped envelope to the following address..........................
R. Patterson
354 13 Avenue Northeast
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Please do not send any DNA samples or Global Satallite Positions  although a small donation may yield more than 2 bumper stickers.  I have already mailed 50 of the first batch to Bill Earnshaw and he can vouch for the quality, and authenticity and all that crap.  Don Smith also recieved 25 stickers the same week.  These new ones are done up on quality vinyl coated stock with special fade resistant ink and all I can say is that they are for you guys and they won't do anybody much good sitting on my coffee table, so get out to the post office and send your S.A.S.E.
as soon as you can!

We walked in darkness, kept hitting the walls
I took the time to feel for the door
I had been treated, but what the hell for?

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-02-16 17:34 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »
:smokin:

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »
Thanks Bill,  Those stickers I sent you were actually freebies from the printer because his vinyl stock got used for something else more pressing, and then he had a problem with the distributor and had to wait 3 weeks for another delivery.  These new ones will hold up a whole lot better.  I really do need folks to send a self addressed stamped envelope though, because just 10 mailings will cost me almost 4 dollars.
Since you have done so much so far with the reunion picnic, Washington protest, and whatnot, I went ahead and sent you 50 out of 160 that were printed up as an advance on the original order.
It also doubled as a Christmas present of sorts.
If you would like, I can put another order in for
300 more stickers.  The printing cost would be around 30 dollars and probably another 7 or 8 dollars to mail them to you.  This would make the stickers around 13 cents apeice.
     I did listen to your MP3 and it was pretty good.  I have had so much disappointing crap happen to me lately, that I have'nt taken the time to mess around with music very much, but I may post a little dittie in the Yahoo site in the future.  I prefer to use the old standard .wav format.  I had an MP3 player on my PC and it corrupted a bunch of files and screwed stuff up real bad. I guess you live and learn.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »
::drummer:: Well, maybe I could send you a tape or a CD of the "noise" that me and some other survivors have been making. I am trying to adapt this stuff into at least 5 or 6 songs for an organized sounding CD. I have been working on a Fender CyberTwin Amp and my fat strat once every two weeks. Hardly the frequency needed to make headway on this. Bills and life leave little room for music. There is a band in Denmark that makes their noise seperately, then each member mails each other their respective noises, then they learn them and put them together and avoid costly studio time. Sounds a bit complicated, but in our case, it would cost little and may be really rewarding. I will ship down a CD I have, eventhough it makes little sense musically, it is a start anyways. Just grin and bear it for a while, LOL....
MG8    :smokin: