Author Topic: I have a question about legal age.  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
What kind of problem needs that adressing?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
I would not stick my nose into others affairs but could you give us a hint of what so ever reason that could result in sending a almost mature person away just as it should start a life of its own?

I know of the D-word. The states is a huge area and we are talking one child and I don't know how many family members in your family. Is that child not out-numbered if you choose to go into a wood in a tent with the child until the effects of the drugs is wearing off and a sensible conversation can take place?

I also know of the P-word. A grand-son or grand-daughter in the middle of an education is not aiding to a good result. A lot of young girls have a all bright picture of motherhood. But if you can afford some $ for a out of country programn, it should not be a problem to buy some simulation equipment like http://individual.utoronto.ca/elaine/baby.htm and some talks with a health visitor if you have them over there. Let her having her back killing her after a week carrying the extra weight. I still remember my wife back then. I remember the sleepless nights when our son had his first teeths.

Then there is the A-word. As a Dane I do not qualify talking about drinking. When time comes and if they lie around in the morning after having talked into the big china phone, I would properly do as my father did. Wake them by pouring cold water out over their face and body and make / force them to drink the strongest coffee possible that can leave the cup without the use of a spoon. Then a long walk often seems to the best place to talk about a proper way to enjoy alcohol. But as a Dane my task would be how to adwise my child to stay able to do normal work while enjoying about 55 liters of pure alcohol troughout the year as most of us Danes do. I respect that you have another culture and my adwise regarding that subject would not useful in another culture.

But then - Without a hint of what kind of problem, we are talking about, it is difficult to point out a solution to you. A solution that would mean that you can keep your child closer to home and spare you from wasting a lot of money and most certainly destroy whatever education You have planned for her.

So spill it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I have a question about legal age.
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 07:37:13 PM »
Quote from: ""survivor122770""
i come here to be serious. i thought that is what this forum was for. i dont want to offend anyone though. i guess it bothers you that i use the forum for its intended purpose.do we want to give the impression to everyone who comes here that we are just joking about everything?i am not trying to be a jerk either in asking this,just keeping it real.

Well, everyone's got their own interests in and intentions toward these forums. That's who I invited in the first place; anyone with any kind of interest in the topic. And I like the satire. Sometimes it's a real life saver. Especially for those of us with a sustained interest in the topic. It can get a bit morose after awhile; never mind the mind numbing redundancy of power struggles and catiness among various revolving casts of the usual players. So a little levity is just as welcome here as anything.

So is serious discussion. . .
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »
Quote from: ""Eudora""
i come here to be serious. i thought that is what this forum was for. i dont want to offend anyone though. i guess it bothers you that i use the forum for its intended purpose.do we want to give the impression to everyone who comes here that we are just joking about everything?i am not trying to be a jerk either in asking this,just keeping it real.

Well, everyone's got their own interests in and intentions toward these forums. That's who I invited in the first place; anyone with any kind of interest in the topic. And I like the satire. Sometimes it's a real life saver. Especially for those of us with a sustained interest in the topic. It can get a bit morose after awhile; never mind the mind numbing redundancy of power struggles and catiness among various revolving casts of the usual players. So a little levity is just as welcome here as anything.

i acknowledged it must be a joke and said i wasnt going to waste any more time on that post and left it alone and i have brought on wrath. if serious discussion is welcome then why do people have a problem with me posting serious. i didnt say anything about a joke being posted other than to defend myself when someone had a problem with me being serious. i just dont have much to joke about with these programs. the one i went to didnt have anything to joke about. it has caused me severe mental trauma- no joking matter. i will go somewhere else as it appears you folks dont want me here

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 08:38:18 PM »
Quote from: Three Springs Waygookin
Did you forget to log in again?[/quote)
yup
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Re: What kind of problem needs that adressing?
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
I would not stick my nose into others affairs but could you give us a hint of what so ever reason that could result in sending a almost mature person away just as it should start a life of its own?

Covergaard, the more you say the more I think about moving to Denmark. I feel I'd be right at home there.

I know of the D-word. The states is a huge area and we are talking one child and I don't know how many family members in your family. Is that child not out-numbered if you choose to go into a wood in a tent with the child until the effects of the drugs is wearing off and a sensible conversation can take place?

I've seen bumper stickers that say "Take your kid hunting, don't hunt your kid". So I know I have some kindred spirits here and there. But that certainly isn't the prevailing attitude among American parents of this generation. 12-Step superstition pervades our society on all levels. Have you seen any American daytime talk television? They're set up like encounter sessions and deal very publicly with the most intimate issues in their "guests" lives. I can't even stand to watch them because it reminds me how dangerously unbalanced must be the millions of my neighbors who have kept this format of infotainment so popular for so many years. Makes it hard to be cordial w/ strangers, ya know?

I also know of the P-word. A grand-son or grand-daughter in the middle of an education is not aiding to a good result. A lot of young girls have a all bright picture of motherhood. But if you can afford some $ for a out of country programn, it should not be a problem to buy some simulation equipment like http://individual.utoronto.ca/elaine/baby.htm and some talks with a health visitor if you have them over there. Let her having her back killing her after a week carrying the extra weight. I still remember my wife back then. I remember the sleepless nights when our son had his first teeths.

Fact is that teen pregnancy is down in recent years in this country. You wouldn't know it for all the fear mongering. But it actually is. And there's been a rallying cry for "zero tolerance" in that area as well. You see the occasional news item about an incident that's just so far over the top you almost can't believe it; the 6yo boy expelled from school for kissing a classmate on the cheek, for example. By the time these kids hit 16, it's a wonder they're not just about all sexual diviants w/ all the anxiety about sexuality that we pile on them.

Here's how I dealt with it w/ my daughter. There was this one very rude boy in her class who just didn't know when to quit. He'd grab the girls in inapropriate ways and talk dirty till they cried. My daughter came home one day talking about making a sexual harassment complaint. I told her no, don't do that, it'll solve nothing and cause a lot of grief. Do this instead. Next time that boy gets out of line with you kick him hard in the balls, preferably in front of a crowd. She took my advice. Not only did that boy quit harassing girls that way, my daughter never had a moment's trouble w/ any of the rest of them after that either.

So simple yet so illusive to some people.

But as a Dane my task would be how to adwise my child to stay able to do normal work while enjoying about 55 liters of pure alcohol troughout the year as most of us Danes do. I respect that you have another culture and my adwise regarding that subject would not useful in another culture.

We drink quite a lot around here too. The difference is, as I say, 12-step superstition pervades our society. Instead of getting up and going to work like a respectable human being, it's considered proper instead to get upset and depressed, skip work, find a meeting, start the whole confession, self loathing cycle, in the end blame the beer and claim salvation through powerlessness. Ok, that's it, when's the next plane outa here?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »
Oh, he did. Made her real heroine too.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 01:00:48 AM »
I would have kicked the little shit in the balls too!!!!

i don't get the whole hysteria around drinking. Doesn't taking something and making it all naughty and forbidden only make it much more tempting anyway? When I was growing up alcohol was freely available in the house to anyone who wanted it. I once asked if I could try scotch and coke when i was nine and was told no. It was either scotch with soda, water or nothing but an ice cube. The taste burnt my throat and I realised it was not a drink i was old enough to enjoy.
Quite often as a kid if my parents had wine with dinner we could sample a small glass with 1/3rd wine and the rest water. It didnt stop the teenage binge phase but after a few incidents of hugging the toilet crying and wishing i were dead, i learnt the value of moderation.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Sexual harassment
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
I am a little confused.

Back some months the Danish supermodel May Andersen was arrested. In Denmark our laws regarding sexual harassment is relaxed. Jokes about skin colour, religion, sex etc. in the work space is only forbidden if there is a written policy against it. Danish woman are expected to take care of the problem them selves by slapping the offender in the face: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_har ... isdictions

As investigation in Denmark have shown, May Andersen was wearing blindfold because she was sleeping during the flight. When the flight attendant bend in over her in order to adjust the seat next to her, she woke and slapped him in the face by reflex still wearing blindfold because she felt his breath in her face. That incident resulted in a shameful conviction (Therapy is regarded shameful in some parts of Denmark what ever the cause can be. Recently our government removed the discount in the penalty people convicted of DUI could get if they underwent treatment. The penalty for this crime in Denmark are harsh according to your standards. So just dont do it overhere).

And you are recommeding a kick in the ball? Could your child not risk being procecuted for some kind of violence?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 06:46:35 AM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
Actually I think Ginger was actively encouraging it. Hooray for her, and it is a good lesson to the little bastard who apparently was having problems keeping his hands to himself. As far for criminal charges being filed? It is possible, just not that likely.

I don't suggest or endorse violence myself for every situation, but that little shit really did sound like had it coming.

Short term, 'natural consequences' is what I support vs long term, aritifical, BM/brainwashing/mind control/incarceration/institution type 'treatment'.

If someone cant take no for an answer, kick him in the nuts. He learned his lesson, and he can move on.

Now, if the little shit was put in a WWASPS program, hed come out either fucked up, or even better at manipulating people and psycho... and still a perv either way.

Think about it. Kick to the nuts, or the 6 figure, 12 month (or more) bullshit most people peddle these days?

What might WORK? What might actually fuck him up for more than a few hours?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TimeBomb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 07:33:52 AM »
i acknowledged it must be a joke and said i wasnt going to waste any more time on that post and left it alone and i have brought on wrath. if serious discussion is welcome then why do people have a problem with me posting serious. i didnt say anything about a joke being posted other than to defend myself when someone had a problem with me being serious. i just dont have much to joke about with these programs. the one i went to didnt have anything to joke about. it has caused me severe mental trauma- no joking matter. i will go somewhere else as it appears you folks dont want me here

I was also in Bethel during the same time you were (85-86). It was brutal, and they just don't get much worse than that. And if you don't learn to lighten up, you're gonna have a total meltdown. A little humor here and there is really necessary to keep your sanity.

So lose the bad attitude or you're gonna get 3 licks.  :D
ick, tick.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Actually I think Ginger was actively encouraging it. Hooray for her, and it is a good lesson to the little bastard who apparently was having problems keeping his hands to himself. As far for criminal charges being filed? It is possible, just not that likely.

I don't suggest or endorse violence myself for every situation, but that little shit really did sound like had it coming.

Short term, 'natural consequences' is what I support vs long term, aritifical, BM/brainwashing/mind control/incarceration/institution type 'treatment'.

If someone cant take no for an answer, kick him in the nuts. He learned his lesson, and he can move on.

Now, if the little shit was put in a WWASPS program, hed come out either fucked up, or even better at manipulating people and psycho... and still a perv either way.

Think about it. Kick to the nuts, or the 6 figure, 12 month (or more) bullshit most people peddle these days?

Your assertions ...   "If someone cant take no for an answer, kick him in the nuts. He learned his lesson, and he can move on.

Think about it. Kick to the nuts, or the 6 figure, 12 month (or more) bullshit most people peddle these days?"

WHAT makes it all this or that?  Isn't kicking him child abuse in most places?  And is WWASPS the only alternative?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
Of course it's not. You can always go for one of the highly abusive programs peddled by Sue Scheff or Lon Woodbury, or some other hellhole.

Alternatively you could pretend to be a human being and accept that a swift kick to the balls is a much more relevant, direct, logical consequence of sexual harassment, with far fewer negative long-term effects.

But I don't think you can pretend to be human for a thought or two.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 12:27:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Eudora""

Your just pissed off because nobody has ever wanted to cum on your face.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 04:30:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Your assertions ...   "If someone cant take no for an answer, kick him in the nuts. He learned his lesson, and he can move on.

Think about it. Kick to the nuts, or the 6 figure, 12 month (or more) bullshit most people peddle these days?"

WHAT makes it all this or that?  Isn't kicking him child abuse in most places?  And is WWASPS the only alternative?

"Can't take no for an answer"

If some guy is sexually molesting some girl and can't take no for an answer, kicking him in the nuts isn't child abuse, it's self-defense.

I so badly want to insult you right now, but if I do, I'll feel horrible about it later.  It would be nice if you had read more carefully before replying to Niles' post.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »

"Can't take no for an answer"

If some guy is sexually molesting some girl and can't take no for an answer, kicking him in the nuts isn't child abuse, it's self-defense.

I so badly want to insult you right now, but if I do, I'll feel horrible about it later.  It would be nice if you had read more carefully before replying to Niles' post.

Julie

WHEN to kick the nuts is the question.
If you are so stupid that you need somebody to teach you ahead of time WHEN it is appropriate to kick the nuts,then you deserve to be molested.
But my mommy says its not nice to kick you in the nuts.