Author Topic: Edckerd youth camps and long term effects.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Edckerd youth camps and long term effects.
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:45 AM »
Lets see, 12 year old boy gets caught shoplifting bubble gum in 1968 and the judge sentences him to camp "E-How-Kee",  the first Jack Eckerd juvenile camp that reportedly used synanon techniques and has had bad press thru the years.

So, the now 51 year old aids patient returns for a visit and surprise, surprise, the former 12 year old bubble gum thief has this to say....

"If it weren't for Jack Eckerd, I'd be dead or in prison," Davids said. "I wouldn't be here."

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/23/Herna ... _at_.shtml

The power of these places to instill pre-program worthlessness into people is strong indeed.

Just.

Unreal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:53:24 AM »
Oh yeah, not to mention he stayed at Eckerd's 'rehab' for 13 MONTHS for stealing gum at 12 years old.

I just can't believe that , 40 years later, he cannot rationally see that he got a major screw job by the system.

Dead or in jail because he stole gum at 12 years old?

Where or where have we heard this logic and reasoning before?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:54:05 AM »
Ugh, I was just reading that.  Unbelievable.

"But it wasn't the first time he had sticky fingers, and police gave his frustrated, blue-collar parents two options. Hand their youngest of five children over to the them, or send him to the camp.

To the newly built camp it was."
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa