Author Topic: How Long until You Confessed?  (Read 12301 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How Long until You Confessed?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:08:20 PM »
Why?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »
Why.?...

Greg I thought sheep were your preference of choice.

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 08:23:22 AM »
Why?   Because we would like to know about your experience.  That's what we do here, share our true experiences.  I'd like to know how old you were when you went in the program, when you were there, how long you stayed around.

When you toss out platitudes like, "to thy own self be true," it reminds me of one of my experiences at the seed.  The experience of having ones feelings shot down.   It used to happen traveling back and forth from the program, at school or on permission outings with other seedlings.  It went like this one seedling says something not strickly with the program, is seen being too friendly with a non-seedling at school,  mentions liking a movie or song that isn't directly seed sanctioned and their seed companion tosses out a platitude like, "I used to see it that way before I started working the program, Hang around a barbershop and your going to get a hair cut, or that's a druggy song/movie."  Not a direct attack just a poke, a reminder that an attack could happen at any time.  

It worked like a charm.  I pushed down my true feelings so far I didn't know what my true feelings were.  Now I do.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »
Another resaon why: If the program is as beneficial as you claim it to be, than it should be fairly easy to specify the positive aspects/tools of the program.  

When a program parent visited my site claiming that the program I attended was the end all-be all, I described to her the way raps/workshops were conducted on a SYSTEMIC Level, and as well as the day-to-day life.  She totally glossed over the abuses and kept up her rhetoric. Finally, I asked what specifically worked. What tools and climatic aspects rendered a healthier person with more self esteem.  She coudln't provide and answer to that.  She never could.

If you can, that is a good starting point.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 11:40:25 AM »
Most of the time, the people that claim "help" also claim it was the "love and caring" that cured them.  They usually summarily ignore, deny or gloss over the actual techniques used to "help" them.  When pressed for actual help, they usually talk about the steps or serenity prayer....two very benign things that don't require cohersion, inprisonment and threats of jail and witholding of affection and personal dignities to practice.

When pressed to answer how their "love" and "caring" wasn't conditional on them changing their behavior and adopting certain group ideals and behaviors, their argument just dries up.  If you didn't act like a seedling, you were shown the door.  That is, when you were old enough and there  long enough to make the decision without fear of being tackled to the floor and put on the front row.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:56:15 AM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 11:42:29 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Why.?...

Greg I thought sheep were your preference of choice.

Well, your thinking is real Baaaaaad.

Thats all I gotta say.

:lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 12:26:51 PM »
The Sad Passing of Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,
who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were
long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having
cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the
rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and
maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing
the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly
children. It declined even further when schools were required to get
parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster
to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became
pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became
contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better
treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in
her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust;
his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.  
He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is
to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and
do nothing.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »
Hey Anon, next time do something like this before or after the text you cut and paste....

http://www.dadsindistress.asn.au/news341.html

In addition to the fact that attributing the words of someone else to the source is the morally and legally correct thing to do, there are OTHER reasons to properly quote things that other people have wrote.

For example, we may attribute those trite meaningless words to you.  You wouldn't want that, would you?

:rofl:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »
The Sad Passing of Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,
who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were
long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having
cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the
rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and
maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing
the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly
children. It declined even further when schools were required to get
parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster
to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became
pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became
contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better
treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in
her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust;
his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.  
He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is
to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and
do nothing.

You know, this thing needs work!

Let me see if I can help you.

The Sad Passing of Uncommon Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a seldom seen recluse, uncommon Sense,
who has been with us for many years But has yet chosen to not impart his wisdom on but a very few.

No one knows for sure how old he was because he rejected all who  use the word's "common sense" since it is obviously a mutually exclusive term and identifies the user of such terms as intellectually  light-in-the-loafers.  IE:  Very few people can make sense out of anything using the superstitions and illogical thinking that pervades humankind.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to enjoy the rain by standing in it and wondering at nature, why the early bird stopped eating worms , why the concept of fairness is usually based in subjectiveness,  and why assigning fault is often just plain futile and accomplishes nothing.

Uncommon Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies like money isn't everything and reliable parenting strategies like; parents aren't always right, and children are actually people, not property and  have valuable things to say.

Uncommon Sense lost ground when  teachers used violence and  hit children and then justified their actions with ancient holy books and arcane systems of punishment. He got a rebreather of sorts when schools finally figured out their role and stopped physically abusing students and were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster  to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.  These things clearly were family issues and the role of the school is not to parent or to impart the states code of "morality".  Uncommon sense took a deep inhalation of putrid free air for a moment in time.

Uncommon Sense was strenthened further when, as people's ability to reason evolved, ancient relics of contrary ideas, like absolute morality written into stone tables by supernatural  beings were purged from the public square and relegated to private property and private enterprises.   Uncommon sense actually ran a 10k marathon when people started realizing the rights of "criminals" were really the rights of all citizens, and that when any government can impede on these rights, we are all in danger of fascism, and that protecting ourselves from this is the very thing that makes this country great..

Uncommon Sense further felt pride when people were held accountable when they  attempted to hide violent acts behind the acts of others and the  context of these violent acts were intensly scrutinized.  No longer could people justify murder and violent beatings on the questionable acts of others.

Uncommon Sense is survived  by his parents, Reason and freethought; his wife, sexy; his daughter, lovelife; and his son, atheism.  

Also surviving his death are his three retarded stepbrothers;racialpride, GodIslove,  and TheSeedLovesYou.

Not many attended his funeral becausewith the lack of rational foundation, his very existent was in denial by a large percentage of the population.

If you still remember him pass this on. If not continue the illusion of   your "common sense" when clearly, sense is uncommon.

There, I fixed it for you.  No need to thank me!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »
True no need to thank you, by the way I thought that was STUPID ,
of course not you just what you did!!!

Oh Yeah  go find some sheep...

at your age maybe find one .  

an old one at that...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »
Boy this has really taken a turn. And the anon who can't get enough talking about sheep oughta think about buying a farm for himself.

Well, I agree with aspects of both.  Hate being bludgeoned with religion in any respect--I feel like religion is often used in place of logic/reason/sense.

But I do think that political correctness  has gotten out of control.  Like when kids get expelled or suspended for bringing Tylenol to school or for kissing a fellow kindergartener.  I also think we've gotten too lax in our parenting and society promotes that by stripping us of our rights.  On the other hand, I couldn't imagine forcing a 16 year old girl to have a baby because of my religious beliefs.

When my 6 year old was five he got into trouble for not reciting the Pledge seriously enough.  That pissed me off.  Not one kindergartener had an inkling what the fucking Pledge means, and they can take it seriously when they understand it and agree to its terms.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »
Sounds like you should get over it.  Maybe buy your kid a sheep :rofl:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »
True no need to thank you, by the way I thought that was STUPID ,
of course not you just what you did!!!

Oh Yeah  go find some sheep...

at your age maybe find one .  

an old one at that...

ahh, com'n...I thought it was good!

There just aint no accounting for taste these days....

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 05:04:26 PM »
Boy this has really taken a turn. And the anon who can't get enough talking about sheep oughta think about buying a farm for himself.

Well, I agree with aspects of both.  Hate being bludgeoned with religion in any respect--I feel like religion is often used in place of logic/reason/sense.

But I do think that political correctness  has gotten out of control.  Like when kids get expelled or suspended for bringing Tylenol to school or for kissing a fellow kindergartener.  I also think we've gotten too lax in our parenting and society promotes that by stripping us of our rights.  On the other hand, I couldn't imagine forcing a 16 year old girl to have a baby because of my religious beliefs.

When my 6 year old was five he got into trouble for not reciting the Pledge seriously enough.  That pissed me off.  Not one kindergartener had an inkling what the fucking Pledge means, and they can take it seriously when they understand it and agree to its terms.

My rebuttal was just a joke to show how you can twist those little ditties to mean anything you want them to.

That anyone takes them serious is really of interest.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:08:57 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »
I know it was a joke, but lately the whole issue of parenting/rights/common sense/ etc. has been on my mind. Maybe I need to lighten up!!