Author Topic: THOUGHTS ON SPRING CREEK ACADEMY  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THOUGHTS ON SPRING CREEK ACADEMY
« on: July 30, 2006, 05:18:44 PM »
Hey everyone who attended SCL, SHARE your thoughts without identifying yourself like myspace.com.  FUCK Cameron and Chaffin!!!!!!!!!  WE should riot and burn mother fucken SCL to the ground.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: THOUGHTS ON SPRING CREEK ACADEMY
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:23:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Hey everyone who attended SCL, SHARE your thoughts without identifying yourself like myspace.com.  FUCK Cameron and Chaffin!!!!!!!!!  WE should riot and burn mother fucken SCL to the ground.

And create propaganda for WWASPS about how out of control you all are...?

Get media attention - programs HATE THAT more than ANYTHING. Speak with a single voice, go to the cops, go to the authorities, go to the ACLU, go to FOREIGN (european especially, they still remember the hitler youth) media, and voice your grievances.

Tell everyone what was done to you, make some sort of document about it, go to psychologists for evaluations, take polygraphs, get inverviewed by experts (psychologists, interrogation experts, cult experts, etc) and make a lot of noise.

THAT would topple wwasps a lot faster than going after their buildings. Why? The buildings are cheap, employees oh so easily replaced, and they have a ton of CASH. Liquid assets - if you wanted to take them out through physical action youd have to imprison, kill, kidnap, or banish them in some form or another, and those methods tend to be illegal and thus inadvisable ;)

NOTE: Im specifically recommending against violent actions becuase of its illegaility, morally sinking to their level, and the fact that they couldn't pull it off anyway. Sue me and Ill laugh all the way to court, WWASPS  :rofl:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:33:31 AM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic"

Get media attention - programs HATE THAT more than ANYTHING. Speak with a single voice, go to the cops, go to the authorities, go to the ACLU, go to FOREIGN (european especially, they still remember the hitler youth) media, and voice your grievances.

:nworthy:
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:00:57 AM »

Can we assume you didn't graduate the program?  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 05:23:22 PM »
Graduating the program?  :D  :lol:  :o Do people use that as some sort of qualification in their everyday life? Some program graduates are so pathetic, that is all they have. They have nothing else to show for their life, other than the fact they can take it up the ass without so much as a peep.

I don't have respect for anyone who graduates a WWASP program and then puts down anyone else in it. It smacks of elitism, they somehow believe it makes them better than those who didn't graduate.

In all honestly, I have he most respect for the kids who ran. The kids who fought back. These are the kids who will grow up and be the leaders of all the important events that happen. The gradautes will be the status quo beauracrats who don't understand the changing world around them.

So, which one are you?

Offline grapeape

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:09:16 AM »
It might help to go after those publications that let TBS and WWASPS buy advertising.  Sunset Magazine is a good one; they have quite a few ads in the back of the mag.  If anyone has money it would be good to buy some space for an ad attacking the WWASPS.  Just a thought

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:49:05 AM »
That's a good idea..........why don't you figure out how much it is?
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:29:02 PM »
Who needs to worry about being sued?  Telling the truth about WWASPS is horrifying enough.

If you want to place an ad without fear of being sued, talk to an attorney that works with ACLU.  Don't ask ACLU to pay for the consultation, just explain that you're interested in paying for a consultation with a civil rights attorney with experience of SLAPP suits, and that you'd like them to suggest someone.

The deal is that most SLAPP suit laws only protect you if what you're talking about references pending legislation or somesuch---the details of the law are different from state to state.

A good civil rights lawyer could, for a fee that is probably genuinely small and affordable--as lawyers go, help you find out what research you would want do, and then vet your final ad copy to make sure you're covered.

See, someone like WWASPS can hit you with a SLAPP suit (if you tell uncomplimentary truths about them) without triggering the anti-SLAPP laws, but they'll lose in court.  Trick is, it may cost a bit to defend it---or not.  That's their gamble.  See, if you tell the absolute, unflattering truth and they sue you, if some big organization like the ACLU or all of the rest of us takes up your cause, then they could get hit with frivolous lawsuit and malicious prosecution penalties and all kinds of crap could flow their way.

Also, they always risk drawing big time media attention to their pile of crap by making a big lawsuit against you for telling the truth---a big spotlight their dirt probably wouldn't survive.  The media loves crooked politicians, too--if the media could get evidence close enough to a tasty quid pro quo (I don't know if one exists)--WWASPS could lose in a big way.  As could the Litchfields directly.

Taking a frivolous libel or slander suit to court is a big risk for them.

Anyway, back to the main track of why it would be best, with an ad, if you could consult a lawyer and craft it to fall under the relevant state's SLAPP law provisions.  If you could, the penalties for them even trying to sue you over telling uncomplimentary truths are huge.  Said lawyer could explain, but the anti-SLAPP laws are NICE.

The thing about criticizing WWASPS successfully is you should never lie about them.  You don't need to anyway.  The truth is bad enough.  Paradise Cove, Tranquility Bay, Casa by the Sea, Dundee.

Oddly enough, when I tell people the Costa Rican and Mexican authorities each shut down a WWASPS-linked "school" because they were concerned about the welfare of the kids....  

Let's put it this way:  I can almost see the wheels turning as the person I'm talking to puts together third world countries, with all the problems that entails, and thinks about what it would take to shock their police into action.

Be fair to WWASPS.  Stick strictly to the truth when talking about them.  The truth is damning enough.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 04:43:17 PM »
Julie wins.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
thoughts
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
my thoughts on spring creek?
to quote the simpsons:

.."they use a proven concept, "tough hate," to turn around foul-mouthed hooligans... then they send them home, quietly ticking away."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »
Ok guys, I am looking at the septemer 2003 Sunset magazine cuz it is all I have with me right now (am out of town).  At this time there were ads for:

Spring Creek Lodge
The Academy
Brush Ranch School
turn-About Ranch
Teen Family Program
Sunhawk Academy
Cross Creek
Diamond Ranch
Sorenson
FaithHome
Mount Bachelor Academy

and referal services:

Difficultteen.com
Virginia Reiss (in San Francisco)

I know the recent mags also contain some ads but am not sure which ones.  They are located in the back of the mag where ads for camping and other boarding schools are located.  

I was thinking of a similar ad directed to parents who would respond to the above ads.  Something that would grab their attention and direct them to a website.  It would have to by non-inflamatory so that
the mag would not refuse to take it.  But once you get a parent's attention and direct them to a good website it would be a good start.  Then once the trolls and program pushers begin to complain we can deluge the magazine with letters, testimonials and articles about the schools they used to advertise that have been shut down because of abuse, like CEDU.   The more dirt that can be thrown their way because of this, and the more trouble and negative publicity it causes,  the less likely they are going to be to take their advertising.  If we can find out all the mags they advertise in (probably the ones dedicated to yups and the wealthy) we can make some inroads.  

Need two things:  1)  A killer ad and 2) a killer website.  I would happily pay for the ad myself. So all ideas are welcome.

Then regular mailings should be sent to psychiatrists and all school psychologists to keep them informed.  If they see the potential for liability on their parts they will be less likely to make referals which they do without knowing what the hell they are all about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »
Not sure where to post this but I just read two very interesting books that have some relation to WWASPS and TBS although indirectly.
One is called The Girls That Went Away bout how from the 50's-70's girls (usually wealthy  or middle class) girls got sent of to homes for "wayward women" or "unwed mothers".  It got me thinking that this is where the whole idea of sending the "problem" away to be "fixed" came from.  Interesting reading.

The other is called Rumspringa which means "running around" and is an Amish custom wherein once you reach 16 you are allowed to "run around" unsupervised until you make a commitment to the church and give up worldly ways.  It is very intersting but less benign then it seems.  There is a paragraph in there on shunning or being put into the "bann" which I think anyone who has attended a WWASP will find interesting.  One is put into the "bann" when once leaves the church after being baptised or after doing things that are disapproved of by the church hierachy.  Page 160 of Rumpspringa;

"The Bann punishes the evildoer not in the spirit of revenge, but to bring him to repentace" says an article in FAMILY LIFE.  "The Bann expresses in the strongest means possible the church's love and concern for the erring member's soul.  If the banned member makes a kneeling confession, acknowledging the transgression and asking for forviveness, he or she can be reinstated.  The objective of the bann is to chock and prod the errant member toward enlightenment, by making him or her want so earnestly to come back to the enveloping warmth of the family and the church that the person is moved to repent.  shunning is the Amish versin of tough love."

Just some food for thought for anyone interested in the roots of this evil called WWASP.

Offline grapeape

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
Those last two posts are mine.  Just thought I would log in and not hide behind "guest" Thanks all