Author Topic: "Fun" on 1st phase; guys' side, girls' side?  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
"Fun" on 1st phase; guys' side, girls' side?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »
I remember I was being aware of a girl in one of the side "infirmary" rooms during Open meeting one night.  They were like large closets off the group room, so you could hear everything, but no one could see you.

Anyhow, parents were giving Mic Talks and this one kids Dad stood up to give him like his second or third Mic talk ever....I guess his dad lost it a little and didnt know what to say, so he just stood up and blurted out really loudly.... "HOWARD.....YOURE A CROCK!!!!"

Well, the ENTIRE group broke down laughing, even staff in front had to turn around and face our side of the room to keep from showing their smiles and giggles to the parents.  This of course made it 100 times worse for the group to keep straight faces.  I could see all this because our door was open, but the girl and I in the room just busted out laughing.  Thank God we were in that room because I would have gotten in so much trouble for laughing the way I did.  As it was half the group got confronted in OMR for losing control during Open Meeting.  It was a hell of a rap, but I will never forget that screaming...."HOWARD....YOURE A CROCK!!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline beckyuga

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »
Atlanta people...
Do you remember a guy named Todd Lindsey (?) that misbehaved for like a year or so?  I think he was there 1982-1984; or maybe longer. I will never forget him or what he looked like because he always did some crazy things....I just can't remember what all he did.
traight Atlanta 1982-84
Straight St. Pete 1984-85

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »
Beautiful Bob - you really crack me up. I can just see Helen Peterinyourmouse steam up.  She was a real bitch most of the time.  Glad to know you were able to get under her skin.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2003, 11:21:00 PM »
I knew Todd.  I was even his oldcomer once.  He was very very sick, and should not have been anywhere near str8.
I have thought of him often. I have mentioned Todd's name before, but you are the first who remembers him.  I wonder what happened, or what became of his family.  
Out of my 2 years in the program, I saw no other more obviously mentally ill person with us.  
He was brought into the program in St Pete if I remember right, then went north (1981)with them.  He was in ATL in 12-82 when I bailed for good.
Bill
12/80-12/82
St Pete & Atlanta
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2003, 03:56:00 AM »
all these tidbits bring up one fine day that I actually got a helluva laugh and inflicted some deep hurt/embarrassment without throwing a single punch.

This mangy-ass cop-out phaser (female 14-15) had just run away again and decided to join the lot lizards at the truck stop. She was returned after a week or so and declared "the miracle CHANGE".

I'm a misbehaver so the staff stands their new "convert" up to blast me down. This dirty tramp had more miles on her back than a Mexican mule; and SHE'S gonna try to front me out??? Methinks not! I shifted into seek and destroy mode...

I noticed that she lined up at the medication cart 3 times (daily) and took some tube of gunk home.
So, the next time I line up for the med cart, I scan the rig until I figure out what her story was; she was using some type of vaginal cream to ease her discomfort. She shoulda left me be.

Next chance I got at the med cart, I snatched her clam cream and tossed it right into the middle of the Girls side. Passed from end to end, I'm sure everyone knew the bitch had an itch by then. I was so pleased that I exposed her crotch rot and didn't need to throw a punch or be restrained.One of the better days at Straight for me...Jason

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »
Guys going jello may have been the bravest act of misbehavor (and sometimes funniest), in my opinion. I thought it took guts to slump, relax every muscle at risk of being dropped or punched without defense. That's rebellion.
It was even better if staff got frustrated with a jello misbehavor. Staff ran a big risk if they ignored jello. Can't let people lay around and sleep. So, staff put a group of guys to muscle jello into place, sit up straight. Even make jello modivate. This tied up manpower. Several jello molds can keep staff on their toes.

Anyone remember the afternoon the lightning knocked out power in group 83 St Pete? The Newtons lost it because there were so many misbehavors. They were blasting staff openly for not being able to control group. People were falling into misbehavor, who were complying in morning! The group was on Red Alert!! Jerks slapping trays of food as they walked down rows. One guy (S.Y.) threw his apple at the 1st step which seemed to explode in slow motion! Apple juice dripping from 1st Step. What a sight. Several jello molds that day. Since most of us misbehaved at one time or other, why didn't we do it the same day. We could have walked out the door. My regret.

Only saw one girl really jello out. A new intake from South America somewhere, was biting inside of mouth until she sucked up a mouthful, and then blew it like Gene Simmons over as many girls as possible. I remember paying attention to person talking, when suddenly the piercing shrill of dozens of girls screaming in anger & disgust scared me nearly to death. Then, the girls would wail on her (don't blame them). She didn't care. Jello & laughter. I felt bad for girls trying to clean up after that. She did that several times a day for several days until she disappeared. She beat the Newtons. She never belonged there.

Offline beckyuga

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »
Were the Newtons at St. Pete in 1984?
B
traight Atlanta 1982-84
Straight St. Pete 1984-85