Author Topic: RUSH bbs  (Read 1166 times)

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
RUSH bbs
« on: January 23, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »
Being an obvious RUSH fan, I think that it would be a great idea to see if there is any interest in starting a RUSH bbs or room or chat spot or something.

I hate the idea that I have to post under the Drew/Jackie crap to correspond with fellow RUSH-ians.  More than just loving their music, please understand that their lyrics are purely inspirational and focus on preserving your dreams reagrdless of adversity.  They talk about the importance of experiencing to extremes what life has to offer.  All of these things are positive messages that keep me focused on life today and aiming for the targets in my life (my dreams).  

If anyone thinks its a cool idea, please either post here or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks.

jz ::drummer::  ::rocker::  :idea:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RUSH bbs
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »
Good idea.  I'd definitely be interested.

Sam

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RUSH bbs
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »
As aforementioned, I think it's a great idea.  Even if no more than you, I, and Sam hang out.  I could work on it this weekend, of course unless you want to admin the bbs, Z.  That may be a better idea as I have a full plate currently with another bbs I tinker with.

I'm down for daily posting on the correlation between the lyrical genius of the RUSH universe and the synop survivor community!!  Sounds so strange but it is so applicable.  Take for instance the lyrics to "RED SECTOR A" regarding a nazi concentration camp:

""All that we can do is just survive
All that we can do to help ourselves is stay alive...

Ragged lines of ragged grey
Skeletons, they shuffle away
Shouting guards and smoking guns
Will cut down the unlucky ones

I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed
A wound that will not heal -- a hear that cannot feel --
Hoping that the horror will recede
Hoping that tomorrow, we'll all be freed

Sickness to insanity
Prayer to profanity
Days and weeks and months go by
Don't feel the hunger -- too weak to cry

I hear the sound of gunfire at the prison gate
Are the liberators here -- do I hope or do I fear?
For my father and my brother, it's too late
But I must help my mother stand up straight...

Are we the last ones left alive?
Are we the only human beings to survive?""

Unregistered User Me

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
RUSH bbs
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »
Yeah, I may have a plate that is too full as well; however, I don't think it would require anywhere near as much maintenance as the KIDS BBS.  

Even if it just myself Sam and (?) - you never did reveal your identity- but I think we could have a blast and "drag the dream into existence!"

Red Sector A, while having obvious and blatant ties to the holocaust,I think serves as a warning of where we can be in the future if people choose not to think for themselves.  When we act like sheep being led without question,opinion or challenge, we create a breeding ground for authoritarian assholes to create that type of sick enviroment (also like 2112).  One where there is no sense of self, identity or opinion.

In the spirit of free thinking I propose that we get the heck away from this ongoing soap opera of, the graduate life...  It almost embarrasses me that I have to quote RUSH lyrics on a post that began as an announcement to Drew & Jackie.  From now on, I will stay away from having to quote RUSH in the presence of these humanoids and androids (The Body Electric).  

2112 -

"The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh, and sadly smile
And lie awhile in bed

I wish that it might come to pass
Not Fade like all my dreams
Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen

I don't think I can carry on
This cold and empty life
My spirits are low, in the depths of depair
My lifeblood
Spills over..."

NO NO NO!!!  I am not talking about trying to kill myself.  Everybody put your phones down and stop dialing 9-1-1!  Nor am I out of control with the drug problem I never had and am now considering self-mutilation as a hobby.

Actually, there is a strange parallel here...

Those who knew me in the program, knew that  after being on 1st phase for most of 4-1/2 years I got suicidal.  Some do not know, but the doctor diagnosed me as absolutely crazy the night before I signed out!  He told me I was swinging from tree to tree and needed to be in KIDS indefinately.

Mrs. Newton (yeah, Ruth Ann) who knew so much about this type of condition, told me when I signed out, that I may kill myself in 30 days after leaving.  

Well, in there my spirits were as low as they ever have been, in the depths of despair - but because I couldn't any longer feel alive in a place of death.  The death was of the individual that drives me everyday.  That individuality and ability to think for myself could not live and prosper in that type of enviroment.

When I left, and began to persue my dreams and live in a world (like I had seen), my spirits were again elevated and I have found the answers to the questions that in there, they had no answers and would not even acknowledge as questions.

Anyhow, lets start that board!

jz

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RUSH bbs
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 02:06:00 PM »
RUSH BBS
Coming soon....
We need to do this RUSH thing!
Unregisterd User Me