Author Topic: Boy Scout Summer Camp  (Read 1842 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
Just came back from summer camp. It was my first year as an adult. I got to work with the kids for the first time as an Assistant Scoutmaster. It really really streched my paitence. As a SPL you could give push-ups, or you could wack the scouts upside the head well because your considered a youth to. Apprently you can't do that as an adult. Anyway, most of the kids knew me and knew who I was, and listened to me acordingly, some did not. One latched on to my leg and followed me around for most of the week. I got to teach young people swimming merit badge as well as rank advancement. We worked in the wood yard and I swear to god I thought I was going to die in there giving some of these kids tools. Anyway there was some other stuff we did to, but im to lazy to type it so ask and I will answer. The entire point of this was just. I got to see the impact that scouting had on youth, not only boys but girls to. (Venture Scouts) And how it helped them become better people, no damned TBS, but a honest to god Scout camp.

Excuse the misspelling its late and im tired.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »
... You hit him in the head with a rock... thats alittle hyper reactive dont you think?

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
Hit the rock with him... then its between him and his defacing of mother earth, which is a cat-2 offence and he has to make a long apology not and read it while crying beliveably to the rock, or he goes in OP.

Jeeze TSW, youre getting soft in Korea. Maybe you should go to NK and learn how its done  :silly:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »
On 2006-07-09 20:38:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"My spl tried to hit me once when I was 12. I bashed him on the head with a rock for his efforts and got kicked out of the Boy Scouts. "

Damn, you are a tough guy!

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 01:37:33 AM »
I'm glad he dident try and hit you when you were working on rifle shooting or archery merit badge.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
I was about to echo the comments made above by TSW. You don't have any right to smack kids upside the head, did you ask their parents if that was okay? People don't wake up monsters and become sadists working at camps overnight, it happens slowly, over the course of years. As absurd as it sounds to you, your constantly shifting value set makes you a candidate for this possible future. Change the system from within and all kind of attitude. Choose your path wisely.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I was about to echo the comments made above by TSW. You don't have any right to smack kids upside the head, did you ask their parents if that was okay? People don't wake up monsters and become sadists working at camps overnight, it happens slowly, over the course of years. As absurd as it sounds to you, your constantly shifting value set makes you a candidate for this possible future. Change the system from within and all kind of attitude. Choose your path wisely.

Some of them grow up and get very touchy, spoiling for the chance to hit back at ANYONE who tries to slight them as others did in thier past, and become obsessed with the ins and outs of combat, and really defensive of others, just fyi...
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 02:16:33 AM »
Oh! Burn! nice one TSW. But seriously. There is a differance between thwacking your best friend up side his head for making a comment about your sister, and a beating. I mean crap, did your SPL beat you alot or something TSW?

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 09:21:37 AM »
Boy scouts is beyond gay. Once you reach a certain age didnt you want to start hanging out with girls?  :D

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 10:03:38 PM »
Wow, you havent been to a boy scout camp, half the week is hitting on the female councilers.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:12:57 AM »
Now if you guys spent half the week ******* the female counselors.... that would be another thing altogether.  :o

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Scout Summer Camp
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:30:24 AM »
Except they don't spend half the week fucking the female counselors. Most of the female counselors are ugly as sin, and the rest have a boyfriend, and even if they didn't they sure as hell would not dare indicate otherwise.

Nah most of the time the kids run around working on their merit badges which have been devalued so much its pointless to call them merit badges anymore. Now they should call them special ed badges and just be honest about the whole thing.

The staff quietly spend the whole time wondering why they are sober, or wondering how long its going to be before they are sober again.

Keep it real folks the Boy Scouts has long since lost its ultra-cool paramilitary luster it once had. It is now like every other proud American institution and for sale on the McDonald's dollar menu.

I hate to say this also, because it all started with mothers. Once single mother's infiltrated the ranks of the Boy Scouts as Scout Master's then all of the sudden people started shitting themselves about making everything accessible. Sadly this trend has continued and gutted a great American Institution. Mind you not to take any credit away from the British who invented the Boy Scouts, but it was America who molded and defined the organization into what it used to be.

Once upon a time an Eagle Scout was given an automatic promotion in the military to Private First Class.

Before the Mormon Church got involved and started cranking out Eagle Scouts at the age of 12 their used to be actual community service projects attached to the achievement. Now its watered down puppy shit that gets cranked out to satisfy the bare minimum.

For shame...