Author Topic: Florida Statute of limitations criminal  (Read 1094 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Florida Statute of limitations criminal
« on: January 20, 2003, 02:16:00 AM »
Since I have seen much debate over this here, I thought I would actually post the statute that pertains to some of the criminal allegations being made by Marti's committiee

1) 1st degree felonies-prosecution must be commenced within 4 years after it is committed.

2)Any other felony-must be commenced within 3 years after it is committed.

3) misdemenors-1st degree 2 years, 2nd degree 1 year.

4)Sexual battery, lewd, etc on a minor, prosecution must be commenced within the time specified for the type of felony (depending on the charge) the time starts not at the time of the occurance but at the time  of the person turning 18 or when reported to police, whichever is EARLIER.

The exceptions to this "statute of limitations" exist for:

1) causing death (murder no limitation)

2)causing injury with certain weapons(10 years limitation)

3)Rape if reported within 72 hours of the occurance (no limitation)

4) rape if not reported within 72 hours of the occurance (first degree rape 4 year limitation, 2nd degree rape 3 year limitation)

Since no one I know of was actually murdered, nor was any alleged rape or sexual assault that has gone unpunished to date reported within 72 hours, it would appear that ALL ALLEGED CRIMINAL ACTIVITY by The Seed and Straight, Inc. and its partners, corp officers and principals is UNPUNISHABLE by any Florida Criminal Court.

The only exception would be if rape was alleged and the state attorney was convinced to charge it under capital or Life statues. Very unlikely.

here is the source. Read it and weep.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index. ... TM&Title=->2002->Ch0775->Section%2015

Next up, civil limitations.

[ This Message was edited by: gregfl on 2003-01-20 08:57 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »
I wonder if your consistent misspelling of "Statute"  is deliberate?  Now I understand why the Statue of Liberty is of such great significance.  "the land of the free" means that if you commit a crime and don't get charged within 4 years you get to go free. This opens up a whole new meaning for the words "freedom" and "liberty".  Wow!
Kind of ironic when you consider US incarceration rate is 6 times what it is in Canada, and 10 times what it is in that Dutch den of iniquity.

I can't wait to see the civil limitation periods, though those are pretty short in most Canadian jurisdictions too.  It seems the "exceptions" contain any key that may make it possible to bring suit.  Any comments?

Recently,Talisman, a Canadian oil company from Calgary was sued in a New York Court over its dealings in the Sudan.  I guess all that needed to be done was for the Court to assume jurisdiction.  

Interesting that students in Texas have been unsuccessful in trying to indict Kissinger for war crimes in Cambodia.

Interesting also that the US won't sign on to the International Criminal Court.

The true meaning of freedom.  

I think I'll just keep fighting for the legalization of Marijuana in Canada.  I've been proposing that we legalize it, sell it at our duty free shops all along the border, and a flood of American tourists to our Canada Cannabis Cafe's will help lubricate goodwill between our nations' people.
But then, we should be checking them for gun's at the border, right?
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Yeah, no kiddin! Amerika's government belongs to the Nazis. We're not happy about it.

On 2003-01-20 04:48:00, Hamiltonf wrote:
I think I'll just keep fighting for the legalization of Marijuana in Canada. I've been proposing that we legalize it, sell it at our duty free shops all along the border, and a flood of American tourists to our Canada Cannabis Cafe's will help lubricate goodwill between our nations' people. But then, we should be checking them for gun's at the border, right?

For the most part, except when it comes to sports, there's already plenty of goodwill between our people. I'll tell you now that the members of the Canadian government who are moving toward legalization have a huge cheering section down here. Most rock stations have a "Pause for the cause" at 4:20 every afternoon.

I also think that the War On (users of certain unpatentable) Drugs is one of the primary mechanisms by which we've come to this sad state of affairs. And the Program is a bigger part of that than a lot of people realizes.

Everything that people say to you is personal. Whether it is constructive criticism or not will determine whether it cam from and asshole or not.

----Bill Warbis

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »
On 2003-01-20 04:48:00, Hamiltonf wrote:
"I wonder if your consistent misspelling of "Statute"  is deliberate?  ......
I think I'll just keep fighting for the legalization of Marijuana in Canada.     "

No, I wrote that very late and was very overtired.

Statute, statute, write it 100 times.....

Fighting for the legalization of MJ is a noble cause. Even though I don't smoke myself, I recognize that the war on drugs is what makes places like the Seed and its predecessor AARC possible.

Keep up the good fight.

For the community to have 10% to 25% of its men unable to vote or unable to access credit or other privileges of citizenship for the rest of their lives in some states creates a permanently diminished
group within society.
http://www.urban.org/authors/travis.html' target='_new'>Jeremy Travis, Urban Institute