Author Topic: SURVEY on the experiences of parents, kids and staff  (Read 11155 times)

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
SURVEY on the experiences of parents, kids and staff
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You have a kid that smokes a little dope and tell people to fuck off. Parents send the kid to Hyde.  That does not make Hyde a treatment facility.

That's exactly the level of "addiction" that most people who get sent to "treatment" are at BTW.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
Your mom got some magna cum.

Yes my Dad was good in that area.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 12:35:37 PM »
I graduated magna cum from the engineering school at one of the top ten public universities in the US.  This would not have been possible had I not attended Hyde.

That's great that Hyde worked for you.  Based on my extensive experience with Hyde, only a minority of students have this kind of good outcome.  Based on the high drop-out rate from Hyde (people who leave in disgust, drop out, run away, look for better alternatives) and the small percentage of people who actually start Hyde and graduate from the school, your path is truly the exception.  I'm happy for you, but I wouldn't dare conclude that your experience is anything close to typical at Hyde.

I would grant you that my experience is a minority one based on total enrollement.  It is however not the exception but rather the rule for the majority that are able to complete Hyde.  Hyde is not a cake walk and like every rose, it does have its thorns.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 12:38:54 PM »
Quote from: ""tommyfromhyde1""
You have a kid that smokes a little dope and tell people to fuck off. Parents send the kid to Hyde.  That does not make Hyde a treatment facility.
That's exactly the level of "addiction" that most people who get sent to "treatment" are at BTW.

It would be instructive to point out that the kid we are discussing had a positive out come from attendance at hyde.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 12:42:12 PM »
What do you mean " these facilities"  Hyde is a secondary school, not one of the private lockups your parents sent you to.

You are correct. Hyde doesn't lock people up. They use the "toughlove" extortion - parents are told to throw their kid out on the street if they don't like Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 09:30:16 PM »
I graduated magna cum from the engineering school at one of the top ten public universities in the US.  This would not have been possible had I not attended Hyde.

That's great that Hyde worked for you.  Based on my extensive experience with Hyde, only a minority of students have this kind of good outcome.  Based on the high drop-out rate from Hyde (people who leave in disgust, drop out, run away, look for better alternatives) and the small percentage of people who actually start Hyde and graduate from the school, your path is truly the exception.  I'm happy for you, but I wouldn't dare conclude that your experience is anything close to typical at Hyde.

I would grant you that my experience is a minority one based on total enrollement.  It is however not the exception but rather the rule for the majority that are able to complete Hyde.  Hyde is not a cake walk and like every rose, it does have its thorns.

TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENT!  If you did graduate Hyde then you sir are not a success as you know you are not telling the truth. The above is a complete lie.  This poster knows that very few students who graduate Hyde are accepted to top colleges no less able to graduate and become successful.  Look around you at Hyde.  The entire Gauld/Hurd/Grant/MacMillan Family all graduated Hyde.  There is Pam Bertchy, Donna Dubinsky and her pervert husband who was fired.  All graduated Hyde.  Do you call these successes?  They haven't once raised the bar for themselves and tried to exist in the real world outside of Hyde.  They are stuck there because they don't know any other way in life other than Hyde.  Many of the staff members are former Hyde students.  Why would so many successful kids who graduated college take a $20,000 a year job to live in a dorm and have their meals in a cafeteria?  Very simple reason why.  These kids were not truly helped by Hyde which is why they are right back where they started. Hate to say what has already been said so many times before, but Hyde does seem to be a Cult.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 07:19:01 AM »

TOTALLY FALSE STATEMENT!  If you did graduate Hyde then you sir are not a success as you know you are not telling the truth. The above is a complete lie.  This poster knows that very few students who graduate Hyde are accepted to top colleges no less able to graduate and become successful.  Look around you at Hyde.  The entire Gauld/Hurd/Grant/MacMillan Family all graduated Hyde.  There is Pam Bertchy, Donna Dubinsky and her pervert husband who was fired.  All graduated Hyde.  Do you call these successes?  They haven't once raised the bar for themselves and tried to exist in the real world outside of Hyde.  They are stuck there because they don't know any other way in life other than Hyde.  Many of the staff members are former Hyde students.  Why would so many successful kids who graduated college take a $20,000 a year job to live in a dorm and have their meals in a cafeteria?  Very simple reason why.  These kids were not truly helped by Hyde which is why they are right back where they started. Hate to say what has already been said so many times before, but Hyde does seem to be a Cult.

Thank you for your frank and honest reply, I do not how ever agree with your _opinion_.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
re totally false statement
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »
I would love to know who wrote the "Totally False Statement" paragraph...because you need some therapy, girl!
Hyde must have REALLY fucked you up!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: re totally false statement
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
I would love to know who wrote the "Totally False Statement" paragraph...because you need some therapy, girl!

I don't think hyde did it.  There is some displacemnt going on: externalize personal issues into a past enviroment, so you don't have to deal with them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 11:04:44 PM »

Wrong once again.  Last time I checked I did not have female organs, but think what you may!  Please prove that anything I said is false. Tell me which one of the faculty members who were graduates of Hyde took a real job in the community and became successful at it?  Which one of the Gaulds/Hurds/Grants/McMillans raised the bar for themselves?  

As far as Hyde messing me up, thank you to my parents for getting me out of there before permanent damage.  "If the shoe fits, wear it."  Did I strike a nerve with one of you?  What have you done in your life other than "hide at Hyde?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 11:14:26 PM »

I agree that this person is being very honest in their assessment of Hyde's faculty.  There certainly are a few good and dedicated faculty, but the ones who have been there for years do seem to have some serious issues they are dealing with.

Question is how can Hyde improve?  Seems that most people believe that a change of the guard is in order.  Maybe the Board of Directors should pay attention to this site.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 09:23:59 AM »

Wrong once again.  Last time I checked I did not have female organs, but think what you may!  Please prove that anything I said is false. Tell me which one of the faculty members who were graduates of Hyde took a real job in the community and became successful at it?  Which one of the Gaulds/Hurds/Grants/McMillans raised the bar for themselves?  

As far as Hyde messing me up, thank you to my parents for getting me out of there before permanent damage.  "If the shoe fits, wear it."  Did I strike a nerve with one of you?  What have you done in your life other than "hide at Hyde?"

Please prove that JFK is really dead and not living in Peru with Adolf Hitler.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »

:roll: No silly.  You are the one stating that these people are successful and are that way as a result of Hyde.  We're asking for proof of that.  No one here claimed that JFK is living in Peru with Hitler.  You make a claim, prepare to be challenged on it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2006, 08:38:41 PM »

:roll: No silly.  You are the one stating that these people are successful and are that way as a result of Hyde.  We're asking for proof of that.  No one here claimed that JFK is living in Peru with Hitler.  You make a claim, prepare to be challenged on it.

Yes, please give us examples of the Hyde staff and owners doing something with their lives besides being completely subsidized by Hyde.  The only thing they have ever had to buy for their family was clothing.  Everything else is taken care of by Hyde ie housing, food, insurance, transportation........

You come back with these smart ass answers because you don't have a truthful answer for us.  The truth is that Hyde's owners and staff who have gone through Hyde, have not grown that much in all these years!

Bottom line is that you cannot prove that Hyde helps other than on a temporary basis.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »

Actually it was claimed a couple of years ago that JFK and Adolf were roomies in the Andes.  Robert Wilson makes a similar point in one of his amusing books.  He challenges the reader to prove that John Dillenger is dead.   It is a point that can not be proved, at least not rhetorically.  My point is similar.  Sorry you did not get that.  I will try and fly a little lower for you in the future.