Author Topic: try and look at it this way  (Read 7332 times)

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
try and look at it this way
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:32:00 AM »
Ill try one more time....
I find it intersting when people have nothing to say for a few day....its get tiring being so angry huh.
Well, heres my view and please feel free to say what you want.

I know MMS wasn't peaches a cream, I know we all had a hard time. Esp those of us that were there in the beginning.....I almost think more so, my generation than any.
But, seriously girls, where would you be without having had the MMS experience?? Try and forget all the bad for a second.
Would you really be here today fighting for the things in your life that you find very important and necessary??
Kat youve said many times you were ready to kill yourself before MMS and look at you now. Your trying to change the world and make things better for the people in your life and for people you don't even know. Would that have happened if you didn't have that drastic turn in your life??
Girls are doctors, running there own buisnesses, lawyers, and bakers, (WHO HOOOO).  But seriously, is there truely nothing to be greatful for?? Was it really THAT bad, and did it all turn out to truely be shit??
Okay im ready....but please, just think about.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »
Was it THAT BAD?  WTF?

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:03:00 AM »
On 2006-06-28 21:32:00, BarnardlyB wrote:

"Ill try one more time....

I find it intersting when people have nothing to say for a few day....its get tiring being so angry huh.

Well, heres my view and please feel free to say what you want.

I know MMS wasn't peaches a cream, I know we all had a hard time. Esp those of us that were there in the beginning.....I almost think more so, my generation than any.

But, seriously girls, where would you be without having had the MMS experience?? Try and forget all the bad for a second.

Would you really be here today fighting for the things in your life that you find very important and necessary??

Kat youve said many times you were ready to kill yourself before MMS and look at you now. Your trying to change the world and make things better for the people in your life and for people you don't even know. Would that have happened if you didn't have that drastic turn in your life??

Girls are doctors, running there own buisnesses, lawyers, and bakers, (WHO HOOOO).  But seriously, is there truely nothing to be greatful for?? Was it really THAT bad, and did it all turn out to truely be shit??

Okay im ready....but please, just think about.
"

Yes, it was that bad, although I did learn how to ski, chop wood, and clean really well.  yay school- i guess i'm grateful for that (lol).  I would have been better off w/o mms b.c it was, to use your words 'shit' for me.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
I find it interesting that you,B, make the point that it is quite for a few days only to post something that is going to stir up conflict.

Do you need some attention?

Did your mother forget to hug you?

or is it that you secretly need the conflict on this board? Do I want you to keep it going in order to argue you way to feeling superior?

... just something to ponder

Oh and before you talk about people being quite and how hard it is to remain angry look back on what you posted  POT KETTLE BLACK

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
minus the typos

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »
On 2006-06-29 09:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I find it interesting that you,B, make the point that it is quite for a few days only to post something that is going to stir up conflict.

Do you need some attention?

Did your mother forget to hug you?

or is it that you secretly need the conflict on this board? Do I want you to keep it going in order to argue you way to feeling superior?

... just something to ponder

Oh and before you talk about people being quite and how hard it is to remain angry look back on what you posted  POT KETTLE BLACK"

HAHAHAHAHAHA, funny stuff.....
esp if you knew my history with my mom, that comment,......AAAAHHHHHHH.....ahhhh good stuff. Thanks for the laugh, my side hurts now.....
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
You are one sick gal, B.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
well...  hmmmm....  she did go to mms, after all.  cut her a break. hehe[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2006-07-01 17:02 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
Who is B?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA, funny stuff.....

esp if you knew my history with my mom, that comment,......AAAAHHHHHHH.....ahhhh good stuff. Thanks for the laugh, my side hurts now.....
"

You still failed to answer why you had to go out of your way to mention how quiet it was followed by things you knew would stir things up. I still am wondering why you made such a big deal about the silence? It makes me wonder if you have some other reason besides posting your opinion and experience with people. Do you find yourself helpful?

I found your post about as useful as wet toilet paper after eating soap

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »
"I found your post about as useful as wet toilet paper after eating soap"

Wow, that must have been quite the experience for you....

"You still failed to answer why you had to go out of your way to mention how quiet it was followed by things you knew would stir things up. I still am wondering why you made such a big deal about the silence? It makes me wonder if you have some other reason besides posting your opinion and experience with people. Do you find yourself helpful?"

The reason I mentioned the silence, was because I find it interesting. simple fact, no other reason.  I don't know if I would say I find myself helpful, but I do put questions into peoples minds and to an extend make them think possibly diffently or twice about what is being said. Maybe thats helpful, its up to how the person sees it or takes its.
I never said I thought MMS was 100% wonderful 24, 7 but I did find it helpful. I don't think many girls would be here today, fighting for regulation in boarding schools if they hadn't gone to MMS....how many girls knew of boarding schools like MMS before attending MMS. I didn't. I was very very young yes, but I had never heard of a theraputic boading school. There were the few girls that had signed themselves in and were sorry later, and I did stop to think about the reality of the school at that time, but like ive said many times before,(and i know its not an exuse) I knew no other way.

I am not the girl many of you knew at MMS, yes I do have my PMS moments, but I am far from the B that you knew.
The reason I laughed at the anon post, was mostly becuase of what I have been going through with my family at the moment. I go through my life and I try not to judge others, becuase you never know what they are going through,....anon, you might want to do the same. Its been more than a painful process with my mom so be a little bit less forward when it comes to mom issues, and my reaction wont be so far misunderstood. I have been overly busy with school, and two jobs, and hopped on the site for a sec, and yes my mom has forgotten to hug me for years, thanks for asking......

I do see the purpose of this site, but I don't see the point of going over and over and over and over and over every little thing,...and turning thoughts negative that don't need to be.

We all still struggle with the 'aftermath' of an experience such as MMS, and I have had others worse since MMS,I think being raped it far worse than anything I had to go through there. I would give anyhting to have it all back if I didn't have to relive the day I was raped. Esp becuase it was my first time....
As for the 'aftermath' of MMS, I still to this day question every little thing that I do, is that good? or is that bad? who knows....
there is no handbook and rules on life, so why should there be when it comes to different peoples opionions???
Even though our opinions differ so much, I will always love each and every person that was a part of my experince, and as part of who I am as person I will never turn them down, or act supirior (see I can't spell it) to them, they need me....Im there. And that is how I am with each and everyone of my freinds to this current day.

Once again, I am not the same B many of you have known.
ou are you
I am I,

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »
On 2006-07-01 23:52:00, BarnardlyB wrote:

""The reason I mentioned the silence, was because I find it interesting. simple fact, no other reason. I don't know if I would say I find myself helpful, but I do put questions into peoples minds and to an extend make them think possibly diffently or twice about what is being said. Maybe thats helpful, its up to how the person sees it or takes its.
"

my 2 cent- i don't think you succeed in this at all B. your points always seem to say, lets just ignore the real harmful stuff b/c, in the end, we're still alive and you tend to blindly attribute it to MMS. You can't argue something like that, it doesn't make any sense.

Sure, I guess MMS- being essentially incarcertaed keeps people alive at that moment, but by that same token how many folks go on to get worse than they would have had they not gone at MMS.  I don't know the numbers, of course, but I do know that MMS sold itself as somethign it wasnt and in the end people were not helped and they report otherwise.  That is a very serious, incredibly serious problem for a place that it supposed to heal.
No kid should have to go through trauma in the name of healing.  And I can just as easily put a positive spin on anything, that doesn't make it so.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
I appreciated what you had to say Betsy even though I think my years there were equally as difficult as anyones. I hope to meet you some day.

Offline lablah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
I've said it before...to sum it all up: "Fuck em' all". I have no need to argue about anything.  My views about MMS haven't changed since I left there in 99'.  My opinion will never waiver.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »
On 2006-07-05 11:21:00, lablah wrote:

"I've said it before...to sum it all up: "Fuck em' all". I have no need to argue about anything.  My views about MMS haven't changed since I left there in 99'.  My opinion will never waiver.  "

Well, that's definitely another way to put it-  :tup:
Margaret Mead