Author Topic: secrecy and annonymousness here  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
secrecy and annonymousness here
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »
uuggh that was mean. Im sorry Kat. I just get frustrated because I know the process to changing laws.

I just get frustrated and dont mean to take it out on you. I know exactly how to get some support and make new laws.  I worked on changing the rape laws in Washington State. I can also call up the people I talked to five years ago from the old Barbara Walters show when they were looking into this matter with MMS. Maybe that was six years ago, I dont know, but I saved the numbers.

I just know for a fact that desire and determination put together with some unity and planning do work. It has to be thought out and planned and carried out one step at a time in a way that people are not ashamed to be a part of.

I really am sorry I got mad. I guess part is that I understand your frustration at the school. Part is that I understand the time it takes to change things. I just dont want to be stuck doing a letter writing campaign that ends up not even making a difference in the end. You know, backing someone else's cause that doesnt have an impact on any of the kids at MMS. I dont know
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
On 2006-06-19 13:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

Part is that I understand the time it takes to change things. I just dont want to be stuck doing a letter writing campaign that ends up not even making a difference in the end. You know, backing someone else's cause that doesnt have an impact on any of the kids at MMS. I dont know

I HEAR your frustration loud and clear, indeed it is frustration I think, especially b/c this is no jok, this is a billion dollar industry.  This is just pidly MMS- that still rakes in a good hunk of change at the expense of many girls well being.

EICA won't go through- it'll take a miracle.  I only started this all mid year last year... I hope that we can get more comprehensive legislation introduced actually... dunno we'll see- but we have AMAZING people on this.  A documnetary is due to come out.

I think we definitley need to organize, there's a lot to be done, but I get e-mails every day and it's making it's way around publicly.

If we can get recent alumni to speak out Barbara Walters would be GREAT!!  I as does Allison, numerous contact for info for young people who want to speak out... Some publicity has been had, but not enough far as I'm concerned- folks dont' understand just how widespread this is.

Anyway, I understand you're frustrated, I just don't understand how your response help you or anyone, truth be told.  I know that you were the first person to say- MMS was essentailly an unethical place.  You were the FIRST to metnion PTSD, publicly anyway.  I have to say I really valued that b/c I may have continued to blame myself... who knows.  remember, strugling teens?  I reposted some of those old posts on CAFETY... ahhh, memories.  This was a while back too!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
On 2006-06-19 12:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

".. and where are you going to send this survey? What purpose does it have? Is it for research?

I e mailed you. Other than that this doesnt look very planned out as far as making new laws. First you have to get public officials on board, that means sitting down with someone that makes a difference in MONTANA, not tampa and not NY. Sure it helps to have names on board with you but you have to start in Montana.

I would suggest taking Judicial Process"

Oh, Sarah... jesus, you're difficult...  We haven't gotten that far- we're barely 3 months old!  We're not focussing on state regulation, although I know MT is going for self-regualtion and we're working with a Sentaro up there... regardless, we're not there yet- CAFETY isn't- the focuse is federal support.

A START is collecting data from all areas, parents, students, staff, state policy, regulatory standards etc.  That's were it's at.

We can back up sh-t w/o data so we're collecting on that.  Federal funds as incentives for states is the focus of CAFETY for now, until we can broaden our focus.  

And that's where it's at.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
On 2006-06-19 12:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

".. and where are you going to send this survey? What purpose does it have? Is it for research?

I e mailed you. Other than that this doesnt look very planned out as far as making new laws. First you have to get public officials on board, that means sitting down with someone that makes a difference in MONTANA, not tampa and not NY. Sure it helps to have names on board with you but you have to start in Montana.

I would suggest taking Judicial Process"

Survey is to collect data on the industry and yes for research purposes.

Incidentally- yes it's hard, people have sat down with these senators, but the industry in MT lobbies heavily- including MMS. If our focus were only MT then yes having MT senator is where it's at, but like I said our focus is national at the moment.
Margaret Mead