Author Topic: I lost my virginity at Hyde.  (Read 12936 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I lost my virginity at Hyde.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2006-06-02 06:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am not willing to share my experience here, but, yes, I am doing okay now. Thanks."

That's fine, and understanable.  Glad to hear you're doing well now.

Can you comment generally on what you think of Hyde as a school and whether it's a good place for teens who are having a rough time at home, in more traditional schools, etc.?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
Hyde fucking rocks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »
On 2006-06-01 19:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"To the person who wrote the original post on this thread: I had an eerily similar experience.  My heart goes out to you. Thanks for having the courage to write what you did."
Confirmed bullshit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »
R.S. is that you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
I only read the first 3 posts and then the last few posts, but all I have to say is, how can you call that sexual abuse? I mean yeah, I'm sorry it was painful and unpleasant, sex shouldn't be like that. My girlfriend and I lost our virginity to each other when we were 16 and it didn't hurt her at all, simply because we were both ready and 100% into it. But that doesn't change the fact that he asked the girl if she wanted to do it, and she consented excitedly, it wasn't until she was on her back on a bathroom floor that she decided she wasn't excited about that anymore. As a guy, it gets very frustrating having to deal with a pendulum like that. One second the girl is all about it, so we're like, hell yea! Let's do this! But then afterwards she decides it wasn't enjoyable to her so suddenly it turns into abuse? Or "taking advantage" of her? Or in some cases, rape? Come on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »
On 2006-07-02 11:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I only read the first 3 posts and then the last few posts, but all I have to say is, how can you call that sexual abuse? I mean yeah, I'm sorry it was painful and unpleasant, sex shouldn't be like that. My girlfriend and I lost our virginity to each other when we were 16 and it didn't hurt her at all, simply because we were both ready and 100% into it. But that doesn't change the fact that he asked the girl if she wanted to do it, and she consented excitedly, it wasn't until she was on her back on a bathroom floor that she decided she wasn't excited about that anymore. As a guy, it gets very frustrating having to deal with a pendulum like that. One second the girl is all about it, so we're like, hell yea! Let's do this! But then afterwards she decides it wasn't enjoyable to her so suddenly it turns into abuse? Or "taking advantage" of her? Or in some cases, rape? Come on.  "

You missed the point. It was about how Hyde handled this sensitive incident.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
I'm afraid YOU missed the point... A neurotic teenage girl with low self-esteem (which could apply to about 60% of young teenage girls) voluntarily has sex with a teenage guy who is a jerk (again, about 60%). When asked about it she lies and says nothing, then blabs it around to be cool and gets caught. Two known, proven liars. One denies it, one admits to it. Both are punished equally.
  How does this constitute "sexual abuse", "being humiliated by Hyde", "mistreatment" or "mishandling"? Someone's got a twisted agenda here and should get on with their life and stop wallowing in blaming Hyde for their unhappiness. That would be a more direct road to emotional stability...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »
On 2006-07-03 07:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm afraid YOU missed the point... A neurotic teenage girl with low self-esteem (which could apply to about 60% of young teenage girls) voluntarily has sex with a teenage guy who is a jerk (again, about 60%). When asked about it she lies and says nothing, then blabs it around to be cool and gets caught. Two known, proven liars. One denies it, one admits to it. Both are punished equally.

How does this constitute "sexual abuse", "being humiliated by Hyde", "mistreatment" or "mishandling"? Someone's got a twisted agenda here and should get on with their life and stop wallowing in blaming Hyde for their unhappiness. That would be a more direct road to emotional stability..."

So, Hyde had no responsibility to oversee what was going on with 2, 16 year olds on their campus? By your own admission this girl had issues.  Hyde's population is mostly kids with issues.  Don't you think in an environment like this there should be a PROFESSIONAL on campus to deal with some of these issues?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
Obviously, you're not a parent, as you seem to live in a fantasy world where children are watched 24-7 by a PROFESSIONAL. I don't see where a PROFESSIONAL would have made a difference here. At some point people (including teenagers) need to begin to take responsibility for their lives. That's one of the primary thrusts of Hyde. There will be steps, falls and stumbles along the way, and they can either be a learning experience or one of many stumbles along the road of life. In this case, it was probably one of many stumbles this girl made and will continue to make. But to blame Hyde for it is ludicrous...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »
On 2006-07-04 13:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Obviously, you're not a parent, as you seem to live in a fantasy world where children are watched 24-7 by a PROFESSIONAL.

B-b-b-b-b-but, isn't that what these parents are PAYING FOR?????  Jesus fucking christ!!  Make up your minds.

Typical!  When the kids do well all the credit goes to Hyde.  If they fuck up it's automatically "It ain't OUR fault, you got a fucked up kid". :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
On 2006-07-04 13:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Obviously, you're not a parent, as you seem to live in a fantasy world where children are watched 24-7 by a PROFESSIONAL.

B-b-b-b-b-but, isn't that what these parents are PAYING FOR?????  Jesus fucking christ!!  Make up your minds.

Typical!  When the kids do well all the credit goes to Hyde.  If they fuck up it's automatically "It ain't OUR fault, you got a fucked up kid". :roll:  :roll: "

I get a kick out of this other poster. He is saying that a teenage should be fully responsible for all in his life.  Why do you think most laws do not allow kids to drive until 16? Why can kids not drink until 21?  Duhhh, maybe because many of them are too young and immature to make responsible decisions? I love the way this poster thinks that Hyde's indoctrination is so wonderful.  Yeah, I guess exposing young kids to the garbage they hear in these seminars is normal.  While I was there at the age of 15 I heard everthing from parents having sexual problems, to a kid threatening his parents with death.  That really did me a lot of good along with all the other dysfunctional idiots I was exposed to!

Could you please tell me what good it does a kid to expose him to people like this? I remember a time when a parent talked about finding one of their parents hanging in the basement dead from a suicide!! Do you think this does not impact a 15 year old kid?  If I say this was abusive the Hyde Fan will make fun of it, but no one can tell me that this is not a form of child abuse.  I am traumatized from spending the six months I did at Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
Oy Vey!
You people are ridiculous!
Two teens walked OFF campus and had sex and then lied about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
On 2006-07-04 20:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Typical!  When the kids do well all the credit goes to Hyde.  If they fuck up it's automatically "It ain't OUR fault, you got a fucked up kid". :roll:  :roll: "

I get a kick out of this other poster. He is saying that a teenage should be fully responsible for all in his life.  Why do you think most laws do not allow kids to drive until 16? Why can kids not drink until 21?  Duhhh, maybe because many of them are too young and immature to make responsible decisions? I love the way this poster thinks that Hyde's indoctrination is so wonderful.  Yeah, I guess exposing young kids to the garbage they hear in these seminars is normal.  While I was there at the age of 15 I heard everthing from parents having sexual problems, to a kid threatening his parents with death.  That really did me a lot of good along with all the other dysfunctional idiots I was exposed to!

Could you please tell me what good it does a kid to expose him to people like this? I remember a time when a parent talked about finding one of their parents hanging in the basement dead from a suicide!! Do you think this does not impact a 15 year old kid?  If I say this was abusive the Hyde Fan will make fun of it, but no one can tell me that this is not a form of child abuse.  I am traumatized from spending the six months I did at Hyde."

I also had a horrible experience during many seminars during my year at Hyde.  I don't think the idea of the seminars is bad.  Of course everyone should take a good look at their own issues.  What I couldn't believe was all of the personal information I was hearing about horrible family history, things like sexual abuse, marital affairs, child abuse, domestic violence, sex change operations, and drug addiction.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, feels pressure during the Hyde seminars to divulge all this stuff.  Doesn't Hyde realize you should talk about this kind of stuff with professional therapists?  Does it really make sense to disclose all this kind of painful detail with all the strangers you're just meeting for the first time?  Do you think it really makes sense to talk about all this stuff in a seminar that's led by your own history or math teacher who, by the way, isn't exactly trained to handle this kind of discussion?  I can't believe anyone let's this continue at Hyde.  I think it is very abusive and harmful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
On 2006-07-05 07:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oy Vey!

You people are ridiculous!

Two teens walked OFF campus and had sex and then lied about it.  "

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

It should be noted that Maine like some other states has an age differencial built in.  While it is legal for two 16 year olds to have sex, it is not legal for a 27 year old man to have sex with a 16 year old girl.  Also many of these state laws are hetro based that is to say, it is illegal to engage in homosexual sodomy at any age.

So what these to people did is as legal as buying a fish sandwich at that fish shack next to route one. But for Gods sake a public rest room. Come on.  Take a walk in the woods.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
On 2006-07-05 09:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-07-04 20:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Could you please tell me what good it does a kid to expose him to people like this? I remember a time when a parent talked about finding one of their parents hanging in the basement dead from a suicide!! Do you think this does not impact a 15 year old kid?  If I say this was abusive the Hyde Fan will make fun of it, but no one can tell me that this is not a form of child abuse.  I am traumatized from spending the six months I did at Hyde."

I also had a horrible experience during many seminars during my year at Hyde.  I don't think the idea of the seminars is bad.  Of course everyone should take a good look at their own issues.  What I couldn't believe was all of the personal information I was hearing about horrible family history, things like sexual abuse, marital affairs, child abuse, domestic violence, sex change operations, and drug addiction.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, feels pressure during the Hyde seminars to divulge all this stuff.  Doesn't Hyde realize you should talk about this kind of stuff with professional therapists?  Does it really make sense to disclose all this kind of painful detail with all the strangers you're just meeting for the first time?  Do you think it really makes sense to talk about all this stuff in a seminar that's led by your own history or math teacher who, by the way, isn't exactly trained to handle this kind of discussion?  I can't believe anyone let's this continue at Hyde.  I think it is very abusive and harmful.  "

The worst part of this is that all of this talk is being done in front of kids!!  Totally inappropriate!