Author Topic: Christmas at Straight Inc.  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Christmas at Straight Inc.
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2002, 12:52:00 AM »
Marnie said it well with "very sad, very painful".  I was 3 weeks into the program,at the age of 13, living with a Wayne B. They only had one son and were quiet people. They really tried, got me presents and all. I was miserable. My family was fun and noisey, especially during X-mas.

I earned talk for a "present".  Thanks.

Next year,1981 i have not been able to remember specifically.  I may repost on that(probably sucked if i "don't remember") later.  

X-mas 1982 found me making second phase for Thanksgiving, as I had been tipped that my family was coming to visit me in exile in Atlanta beforehand. I quit misbehaving and made 2nd in a like 10 days.  Hell, I'd been there longer than jr.staffers. I knew HOW to do it.  I had a great weekend with them and got extra time off from group even only second phase.They left and I realized I would be stuck  for the 3rd X-mas and wouldn't see them again. Then I split.  GTG  See- ya assholes.  727 to TIA with a guiltstricken mother finally saying enough was enough.  I will never forget that last few hours in ATL when I had been split for 2 or 3 days and called them, and asked if it could all be over and I just want to come home for christmas.  I felt so terrified that Miller Newton would work his snakeoil on my dad again and get me dragged back in.  I cried to my mom and dad, outside a 7-11 somewhere on a cold december night in Atlanta, to let it stop.  They kept their word for the first time in 3 years.

Bill

[ This Message was edited by: tampa survivor on 2002-08-04 19:59 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
When I went into The program in 77 - they did not check the packages - I guess they were more trusting to the parents back then.

We could also smoke so I recieved two cartons of cigarettes along with many sweets...misc clothing - I think I may have even received a record album (Steve Miller)  because we could listen to music back then as well.

I still have a picture my oldcomer took of me holding up one of the presents from the box.  

I also have misc picture from when I was on staff - I even have one of George Ross shooting a bird in the staff room!

Marnie

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
Damn, Bill! I always thought I had it bad until I hear things like this.

CL

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
Hey guys...I know this is an old post, but I thought it is still oh so relevant to us who get down at the holidays.  
The board doesn't seem to post like it used to.  Maybe I'm just feeling weird on a rainy New Years eve.
Bill
PS  Has anyone heard from Marnie at all? Maybe it all got too intense....
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82