Author Topic: Addie Harris???  (Read 18537 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Addie Harris???
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
oh, and I have spoken to Jessica G. a few times...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline babylove

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
I was at mms from 91-early 94. I was there when we were less then 10, and one was a boy! We went skiing up at big mountain every week, AA meetings in Seeley Lake, and the Finn boys were 5 and 7 or so. [ This Message was edited by: babylove on 2006-05-28 15:38 ]

Offline babylove

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
I do not have anyone elses contact info. Pretty much when they left, that was the end. I think that Katie H has Kaywins info. They were pretty close. I think Meshica was 12 when she came. I have never heard from her. I no loinger have Stephanies info.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »
On 2006-05-28 15:35:00, katfish wrote:

"oh, and I have spoken to Jessica G. a few times..."

DUDE!  I remember JG, I just got to MMS and was wondeing why the hell she was being sold as a success story and spoke at graduation but was completey emaciated- concentration camp emaciated I mean, not just skinny!!  Bones potruding and everything! MMS was not equipped to handle really any mental illness, but I can see why they woudl only make most symptoms especially anorxia and bulemia 1000% worse.  The fear and punishing methods just mess you up!!  I dont understand how that escaped radar of all the parents.  If that was my child or I was a parent there for graduation I would have taken my kid out immediately.  just goes to show, desperate parents will believe anything, including a success story from a girl who looked like Karen Carpenter!  Depressing...

Offline katfish

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
I saw that with JG, that was a really incredibly sad day... I remember feeling in my gut that MMS was not helping me at all and that likely it did not help her... maybe she'll speak to this?

I just worry about the girls I loved, close friends who I know had serious eating disorder issues and other mental health issues who I know were just were not being helped but were not free to verbalize as such and whose parents were sold on the program... there was nothing specific about MMS to deal with such precarious issues.  as in my case, depression, ADD... such an unexcusable thing to harm an already vulneralble population.

Anyway, I was really wanted to post about Sam Morris- Baby Love, know of any way she may be reached?  She was one that I felt close to and thought MMS likely did her in.  I hope she is doing well and kicking ass, but I have serious doubts...
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
On 2006-05-24 16:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sarah Matheson.

I can't figure out why you all are so bitter. We are all older doing our own things now. Just let the past be the past. "

Wrote same as this?

Sara was waging war against MMS

I don't know that I would use the word bitter.  Angry perhaps, but I guess that is natural for any injustice that has been done, particularly when it is presently being done, as in now. So in that sense the past is very much the present... Not sure how much it hinders the lives of people anymore though- time does heal, why would this be of any concern to you though?  If you let the past be that (I would argue that this is near impossible to do), then why bother post that- wouldn't the obvious answer be clearly individuals are upset to the degree that MMS has haunted them and that it's not a simple letting go process, without the actual 'process' of letting go, including such acts as talking about it, venting, some act of releasing which allows one to actually 'let go'- some even feel a moral obligation to prevent others from being harmed to speak out, much in the same way of it being a release- but also functional in nature.

I think that it's very interesting that this suggestion would be made- possible b/c you are unaware of the present?  Or is it that you really think that things of the past have no relevancey to today... that just seems unintelligible to me if that is the case...

I think that some people (self very much included) feel that MMS harmed them to a degree that is unaccaptable and requires some support- in the same way maybe Vets of war or any group trauma continually reach out to those who were there. Some Vets prefer to 'move on', but others prefer to deal with it and perhaps make changes for the better.  Not much can be done (theoretically) about waging war, but much can be done to 1. End the abuse at MMS 2. end the psuedo-therapuetic practices at MMS 3. Hold MMS accountable.

After all, MMS taught us all about accountability, so I don't think much needs to be said.  Only  it is unlikely that JM will be subjected to the same level of mistreatment, manipulation, fear and punishment as we were.
Margaret Mead

Offline babylove

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
Jessica looks great these days! She has a one year old son Mac and is married to a guy that works for Microsoft. They live in Seattle and are remoduling a house that they just bought. Before she had Mac she was teaching high school.

At this point I'd say she is quite a success.

Offline babylove

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
The only thing that I remember about Sam is when they found chicken bones in her dresser drawer. Never heard a thing after she runaway.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
On 2006-05-23 20:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

Sara was waging war against MMS, Sephanie has at least 2 kids"

Do you mean Kat is waging war against MMS?  what is Sara doing?  Please have her e-mail http://rtckids.fmhi.usf.edu/rtcconferen ... ?appid=205

http://www.house.gov/stark/news/109th/p ... 17_kfa.htm

http://cfs.fmhi.usf.edu/projects/ASTART.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »
Claire waging war too!  And psychologist and lawyers too!

http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/2619

Offline katfish

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
Google much?  heh heh...[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2006-05-28 17:18 ]
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »
On 2006-05-28 16:39:00, babylove wrote:

"Jessica looks great these days! She has a one year old son Mac and is married to a guy that works for Microsoft. They live in Seattle and are remoduling a house that they just bought. Before she had Mac she was teaching high school.

At this point I'd say she is quite a success.

"

Congrats for her, although I would posit that success is not always defined by these things.
If she's happy then I'm happy for her.  I still wonder about that incident and again, the efficacy of MMS in her case b/c of her devestatingly awful state...  in other words, success by her own efforts despite MMS or elevated by MMS (shrug).

Some would argue living for a worker for Microsoft is a really bad thing (lol)... the monopolizer of the century!  I'm not one of them, I'm just kidding... what do I care who he works for/ what he does except out of curiousity and support for a friend (not a measure of degrees of success) .  My idea of success likely differs than that for most people I think...

And I too heard about the chicken... they really humiliated her there I felt.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Here is an example of being bitter. Babylove writes to tell you where Jessica is now and you tear it apart. I did not hear Babylove say anything except a brief synopsis of what was currently happening with Jessica. Nothing about MMS! You started to ask questions about where people are and then you criticize, are sarcastic and rude. Who would want to catch up with you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »
On 2006-05-28 18:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Here is an example of being bitter. Babylove writes to tell you where Jessica is now and you tear it apart. I did not hear Babylove say anything except a brief synopsis of what was currently happening with Jessica. Nothing about MMS! You started to ask questions about where people are and then you criticize, are sarcastic and rude. Who would want to catch up with you?"

tearing her apart??!  not at all- if Jess reads it I would hope she doesn't feel that way.  I'm simply drawing a line of inquiry, I'm very curious given ...  

Perhaps that semiment was lost in translation, but I also wanted to draw from the general habit following along MMS line of dialogue that tends to create a discussion/defense of success in terms things that are not, well... real, I guess, hence my questioning in terms of efficacy.

Regarding Microsoft statement- that was a joke!  hence the purposefully placed lol, sorry if that offended J  - I just today had a conversation about Microsoft and it was at the top of my head.  Apologies if that came across as in any way insensitive, etc.

Still, not sure about bitter. hmmmm... thoughtless at times perhaps, but not sure how bitterness would be an accurate assesment b/c of making mention of MMS.  

Are you suggesting bitterness is displayed by simply making mention of something of the past? How does that differ from feelings of anger, rage, frustration, etc at injustices?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Addie Harris???
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »
above from me, kat.  i can't log in