Author Topic: non rational drug using kids.  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
non rational drug using kids.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »
My high school had a smoking area, too - that was my yearbook picture.

I smoked B&H 100s, 4 packs a day when I was with associated circuits (I did some plating too)  Cliff called me the cyanide kid then.  Tom V. worked there, too.  I went over to where cleveland, Jim and Cindy worked a few times but don't remember where it was.  I think there is an embassy suites where associated circuits was.

I smoked vantage or True when I was cutting back.

I bummed a cigarette off Bob W at intake!

I also remember when one of the non smokers would lead a rap, that second hand never moved so slowly.

I quit a bunch of times, My wife to be finally got me to quit for real.

I knew one guy who smoked pot but not cigarettes (too cheap to smoke cigarettes).

G

I think Alice smoked pall mall non filtered :eek: [ This Message was edited by: Johnny G on 2006-05-05 12:11 ][ This Message was edited by: Johnny G on 2006-05-05 12:12 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jupiter Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »
So far I have been lucky.  My oldest is 23, she went through the "being legal" at 21 and for about 2 months would go out with friends a couple of times a week.  Alcohol doesn't really suit her and I after a few times of getting really sick throwing up she realized that watching people getting drunk was a lot more fun.  

I have 5 kids, (23,16,15,13 & 10)  and can't complain.  My 15 yr old last summer was talked into trying to huff freeon.  He is a very bright kids, so after my initial shock and "what the hell were you thinking," we made him do a few hours of a google search on the effects.  That and a kid he knew who did it (who passed out on a red ant pile) was enough for him to realize that wasn't the type of high he was looking for.

My kids are different from me, (of course I never even did drugs until after I went to the Seed) we have a pretty good family and they are suprisingly open with my husband and I.   They have 2 uncles (one on my side and one on their biological moms side) that are living examples of why they shouldn't do drugs, and I think that helps.

For those who don't know me, my bother is also a Seed graduate and thinks it was a great place, and his life is a 30 year testament of heavy drug use, homelessness and jail.

I think the biggest risk is that there life is so bad that they are looking for a way out verses experimenting.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
On 2006-05-06 05:49:00, Jupiter Survivor wrote:(of course I never even did drugs until after I went to the Seed)

Man o man, just how common is this, that people went to the seed and did more drugs (or their first drugs) after graduating?  I know I fit that scenario...

On 2006-05-06 05:49:00, Jupiter Survivor wrote:

For those who don't know me, my bother is also a Seed graduate and thinks it was a great place, and his life is a 30 year testament of heavy drug use, homelessness and jail.

And this too!  Countless People who have had lives built around addiction and legal problems post seed sing the praises of the place.

More insane stuff from an insane time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
My ex and I have two grown sons who both experimented with drugs.

The oldest smoked pot a few times after he got out of high school and of course had a fake id for years before he turned 2l.  He didn't like pot, it made him sleepy and he was born sleepy, so it was a lousy combination and he didn't see what the big deal was.  Alcohol, now that he's over 21, he can take or leave, no biggie one way or another to him.  That and it costs too much money as far as he's concerned and he'd rather not waste is money on something he can't hold on to.    

The youngest son, he smoked pot a little in high school, until a teacher nailed him and he joined the Army on early whatever it's called, during his senior year.  Uncle Sams had him for a few years now, so drug wise according to what he says he's clean.  Alcohol for him, now that's a whole 'nother story.  It's his life and he's going to have to live it, not me.

As for having been in the Seed and thinking we'd know it, if it happened, both the ex and I missed the boat altogether.  We didn't have a clue.  We always had what everyone called "good boys", no badittitudes other than the typical teenage hormonal rush and typical teenage attitudes towards their parents, not a thing to give away what they were doing or what they were up to.  Both of them ended up telling me later on, cause they both felt guilty - they're words - not mine.  

Do I wish they hadn't tried drugs, yea, does it upset me that they did, no.   They are "good boys".  They are on their own, living their lives as they see fit, just the way they're supposed to.  Our kids, just like everyone elses kids, will do what they will do, just as we did what we did.  It's the course and nature of life.  Some turn out better than others regardless of what we do or try, how we raised them and sometimes in spite of us and how we raised them.  It's life.