Author Topic: "Shoreland" is still a good read about schools for wayward y  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Shoreland" is still a good read about schools for wayward y
« on: April 29, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »
When I first posted about the novel "Shoreland" months ago and about my own experiences at Hyde, there were a number of pro-Hyde folks who were quick to twist my words and say I had blamed all my problems on what happened there. This is simply not true.

I did say that not allowing me to graduate impacted my life because of where I could go to college. I took a GED, went to a small college and then went off to the job market. While I never pursued a masters degree in my field, I did continue to take courses into my late twenties. I have quite a skill set, mostly self-taught. I am very hopeful about the future, despite the challenges I have faced.

As to why I'm not identifying myself, the internet is a dangerous place. That's why.

So, read Shoreland. It's available at Barnes & Noble online and amazon.com to name a few.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »
On 2006-04-29 12:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"When I first posted about the novel "Shoreland" months ago and about my own experiences at Hyde, there were a number of pro-Hyde folks who were quick to twist my words and say I had blamed all my problems on what happened there. This is simply not true.

I did say that not allowing me to graduate impacted my life because of where I could go to college. I took a GED, went to a small college and then went off to the job market. While I never pursued a masters degree in my field, I did continue to take courses into my late twenties. I have quite a skill set, mostly self-taught. I am very hopeful about the future, despite the challenges I have faced.

As to why I'm not identifying myself, the internet is a dangerous place. That's why.

So, read Shoreland. It's available at Barnes & Noble online and amazon.com to name a few. "

hey,

Is the book based loosely on hyde?

Sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
It would be difficult to miss the tell-tale signs that this book draws heavily on the Hyde Experience, but all the characters are fictional. This needs to be said for legal reasons.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
Who is the author?