Author Topic: People from St. Pete program  (Read 2477 times)

Offline beckyuga

• View Profile
People from St. Pete program
« on: April 28, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »
Does anyone remember any of these people from St. Pete around 1985?  or know what has happened to them?
Letha Yost (staff)
Jennifer(?) Campbell (from Michigan...I think I saw her later in a magazine...she won a bikini contest for whichever beer it is that does bikini contests every year...Budweiser maybe?)
Tina ? (w/ straight brownish long hair...lived in an apt. w/ her mom)
Kay Irwin(?) (had brownish hair, had a brother also in the program)
Michele Embry
Mark (or Steve?) Mead (dark hair, dark tan)
or anyone else from St. Pete around 1985?
I remember we had a car wash when I was on 4th or 5th phase and someone called and complained about their car (or cars) not being clean and us goofing off and they demoted every one of us...knocked us all down a phase.  

And this person was not there in 1985, she was in St. Pete much earlier and then moved to the Atlanta program when it was formed and was on Jr. staff when her dad went to work at St. Pete around 1982 or 1983.....Peggy Oliver.  Does anyone know anything about her?  or even her father William (Bill) Oliver?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight Atlanta 1982-84
Straight St. Pete 1984-85

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »
Jennifer was on a very brief Spelling series in the early 90s.  She also played Jerry Seinfelds girlfriend in a couple of episodes (she caught him 'picking' his nose in the cab next to him).

Remember the name Kay Irwin, can't place the face.  I remember Michelle Embry, short blond, right?  Don't know anything of what happened to her.

Steve Mead went to prison for DUI manslaughter.  Don't know his status or where he is now.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline beckyuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
What about Stephanie Gertz(?)? Does that name ring a bell to anyone?  A young girl with long dark hair.  I hope she is OK.
traight Atlanta 1982-84

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
On 2006-04-28 06:57:00, beckyuga wrote:

"What about Stephanie Gertz(?)? Does that name ring a bell to anyone?  A young girl with long dark hair.  I hope she is OK.
"

Lived in Tampa?  Very elderly mother?  I'm trying to place her.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
Anne Bonney...I fancy you a comely piratess, lass.  Nice username.   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
On 2006-04-28 07:38:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Anne Bonney...I fancy you a comely piratess, lass.  Nice username.   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:   "

Ah, comely but deadly.  Obliged me mate. :skull:

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
HAaugh! Haauggh!! ...Yes, as any piratess worth her salt should be.  

...15 men on a dead mans chest yo ho ho an' a bottle 'a' fine 128 proof Conquering Lion white rum from Jamaica! "The Conquering Lion shall break every chain"  I like your style.   ::dove::
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »
And I yours, good sir. ::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »
Steve Mead went to prison for a DUI accident, is your first name Becky?

Offline beckyuga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
Yes, my name is Becky.
Thanks, Anne Bonney, for the info you gave me on some of the people I asked about.
Stephanie was from Ft. Lauderdale or something like that.  She was pretty young.  
I saw Steve Mead's picture on a Dept. of Correction's website.  Pretty sickening.  But I guess technically it could be any one of us who has ever driven a car after drinking.   Still sickens me every time I think of it.
I'm really having a hard time with all of this right now.  
For some reason, don't ask why, because I don't fucking know, but I have just NOW come to the conclusion that I am a victim of abuse.  I am overwhelmed with so much.  Trying to remember, trying to get more info, trying to find out what to do next.......
One thing about FL....I only remember the good things....or semi-pleasant things.....for some reason I don't remember many bad things.  I only remember the people I liked.  I only remember 1 staff member.  I only remember the beautiful sunsets and sunrises that I occasionally saw.  I remember one wonderful outing on someone's dad's sailboat with several other people.  I remember I didn't want to leave the St. Pete program.  I do know there were some bad things that happened in group, but there is some block there. I just can't remember the specifics right now.   I remember this general feeling of fear at one point like things were really serious for some reason.  Letha was on staff.  This was in 85-86.  I remember all of us being set back once.  I remember just trying to stay meek and humble and not call attention to myself.
traight Atlanta 1982-84

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »
Man, I still can't believe what these kids went through with Straight, The Seed and KHK.  I hope more of the survivors of these particular programs write books because most Americans have no idea what was going on in these government sponsored thought-reform programs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
On 2006-04-27 22:05:00, beckyuga wrote:

Steve Mead (dark hair, dark tan)

or anyone else from St. Pete around 1985?

Steve Mead was a prick, eventually a Sr. staff member.  He killed someone while driving drunk, there was a link to his mug shot on this site a while back.