Author Topic: F---ed  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »
Can I get an amen for the VCA?

I knew a girl who got into a "christian" organization when I was in school (UF) - I had told her about my experience at the seed and she asked me what I thought of this group.  I went to one meeting and had so many alarm bells going off I left after about 20 minutes and told her to leave and never look back.

Took her a few weeks and she let me know that it was worse than I thought.  

I think christian is more a trademark than a religion in many circles.  

I wish I could say "I had no idea it was that bad" or some other platitude.

what kind of gun would Jesus carry?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
First, there was no violence at VCA.. Never happened. The Gospel was the ideal, not the staff members. Love thy neighbor, forgiveness, prayerful appreciation, these were the ideals. The inability (or unwillingness) to separate personalities and methodology from what  VCA offered was never a problem for me. Personally, I had no problem coming down on those whose disruptive personalities were defined by sinfulness, blasphemy,  or lack of respect for the bible. I had a very low tolerance for sinful behavior. That hasn?t changed. Sin always carries a consequence.

Terms like ?survivors? used to portray faux heroism for enduring an ordeal, the suffering experienced for being denied simple things like candy after meals, or soda on friday, or their medications because they were sinners, sleeping in uncomfortable conditions, comparing the experience to Guantanamo facilities  speaks volumes about who you are, and is reflective of the pagan, sinful mind set you still carry, and your ridiculously exaggerated sense of self-importance. This isn?t just your problem, it seems to be a common and acceptable malady in today?s America. Those who got saved and wanted to learn scripture, did.

Those who didn?t, evidently, are at that web site. If you're feeling suicidal or depressed because of your experience at VCA, get over it.

Ex-staff VCA???

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
And who are you to speak for God and Jesus, who preached love? Your judgemental, arrogant, willful words, meant to wound and to, yes, 'lord' it over those you hold in contempt, tell me why today I do not wish to be 'your' kind of Christian.

Yucky!!!
ally Gator

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
F---ed
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
Isn't it weird how the meanest posts around here are always anonymous? Guess those are the true Seedlings, protecting their anonymity to the end.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »
Marc thats not nice either.

Thou sounds like thou's panties are getting in a wad.

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
ah, I see. "Anonymous" was referencing an old John Underwood post above. It was verbatim what John U wrote in an old thread he initiated entitled "Some Insights" but substituting VCA for The Seed.

Well, whatever floats your boat there, Anon. Got any more kind words for me? Seems like you've been practicing those old Seed chops. Maybe you never stopped.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »
ANON WROTE:

Personally, I had no problem coming down on those whose disruptive personalities were defined by sinfulness, blasphemy, or lack of respect for the bible. I had a very low tolerance for sinful behavior. That hasn?t changed. Sin always carries a consequence.

Out of respect for all persons of faith, I have read but not commented. But in the face of the blatant ignorance displayed above, I can only add this:

Ignorance carries a consequence as well.  

You are right Marc, this is the same mindset as the seed, just a different set of buzz-words, but still just as offensive.  Check John Underwood's comments on the SDF from last year.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
You know, come to think of it, an earlier anon post in this thread, in which Anon wrote that s/he benefitted from both Catholic School and The Seed, DID sound a whole lot like John Underwood. The voice of it, I mean, and the faux cavalier attitude.

And then, above, the nasty anonymous VCA-related post uses much of the exact same language that John U used in a much earlier post to this forum, in the original "Some Insights" thread.

So, one of three things is happening. Either John U is back and posting anonymously (wouldn't put it past him), or some other dippo is purposely imitating John U to get us to think so, or a little of both.

[ This Message was edited by: marcwordsmith on 2006-04-21 14:09 ]

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »
I was going to vote for the "some other dippo" but I suppose he could be leading a double secret life as a naughty catholic school girl on the web.  Weird things happen, even in the best of homes and families.

And you guys thought my Frank Zappa picture was just totally irrelevant.  [ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2006-04-21 14:32 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
I am pretty sure it isn't John.  The address is coming from Albany NY. However, it seems the language is directly lifted from John's posts.

Hmm...a troll?  A program like strange coincidence?

I would say one or the other, but not John.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »
Wow, I've been punked. Pretty clever to lift John's words and substitute christian/VCA - but what's the point?

Rae's post was so sincere and heartfelt, it seems really rank to riff on it like that...

w
ally Gator

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
F---ed
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »
On 2006-04-20 17:42:00, GregFL wrote:

"Well Ginger, in all situations there is good.  Had we not been childhood victoms of this treatment modality, we would not be friends today.  It is nice to have someone just to call once in a while and shoot the bull with.

So, I guess in a way the Seed gave me Ginger.  This is one thing I guess I can thank the Seed for.

Thanks Art!

:grin: "

That's about the sweetest thing I've seen. I'm thankful for finding you too.

There's another treasure I've gotten from all of this, too. It's not one everybody would want. In fact, many people who got it take pills or therapy to try and make it go away.

The Program is a potent slice of something toxic that's creeping slowly but steadily into broader society. I got a keen scent of it along w/ a healthy alergy to it. Without that, I'd probably be taking pills to make that all go down painlessly because I wouldn't be able to name it or address it.

We ought to be grateful that our government monopoly schools are such a failure. If today's 18 year olds could do arithmetic, they'd be out buying enough rope to hang everybody over 40.
--Alan Handleman on Social Security

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline landyh

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »
On 2006-04-19 07:35:00, cleveland wrote:

"Marc,

I too feel the need to think and talk about the Seed quite a lot, after keeping it buried for many, many years.

These are the people who, at least for a while, wanted to talk about this experience and reconnect. I am aware that there are others, many many others, who would just rather not talk about it. I think because it confuses them, they are not ready to deal with ambivalent feelings, or perhaps anger, or other disturbing emotions. They prefer to remember vaguely that it was tough but they did it, and maybe they're better of for it, or maybe not, but the past is the past.

For whatever reason, I needed to dredge it all up and have a look at it...

W"

You really captured my feelings with the above. I came here looking to connect with past seedlings and thinking that overall my experience wasn't all that bad. But the truth is really a bit more complex than that. Being able to look at it in an open-minded way has brought out the fact that my feelings are much more ambivalent than I originally thought. That ambivalence or to put it another way not really being able to make up my mind about how I really feel was the genesis of this sick feeling I sometimes get in the pit of my stomach when I come here. The realization that my occasional lack of confidence in regard to my own core feelings may be the result of what happened to me at the seed is disturbing to say the least. I stopped coming here for a little while because of it. Thanks for capturing so well what many of us go through in attempting to resolve our experiences there.
Whatever thou put his hand to do it with all thy might\" King Solomon

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
F---ed
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »
Eudora.

I thought you were going to say you needed to start taking penicillin :scared: