Author Topic: WWASPS school on Dr. Phil,  (Read 6537 times)

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
WWASPS school on Dr. Phil,
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
Dr Phil will sway to the ratings. His advise is geared towards receiving positive audience reaction. He presents what passes for a cynical form of common sense in the minds of the do-nothings that watch daytime TV. He calls this therapy. I call it crap.

Still, anything he does to change the mainstream view of how people should treat each other away from the tough-love bullshit is alright with me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
On 2006-04-21 19:42:00, AtomicAnt wrote:

"Dr Phil will sway to the ratings. His advise is geared towards receiving positive audience reaction. He presents what passes for a cynical form of common sense in the minds of the do-nothings that watch daytime TV. He calls this therapy. I call it crap.

Still, anything he does to change the mainstream view of how people should treat each other away from the tough-love bullshit is alright with me."

Its no shock or surprise to anyone here that McGraws out to make a buck dude. Its as you say - he gives people what they want to see. The problem is that what they want to see is demeaning, double-bind-riddled, 'toughlove'-ish IKNOWBETTER type 'therapy' and him 'taking charge' while finding a scapegoat to verbally flog and making some woman cry so her mascara runs, preferrably a very white and blonde woman who will give all of her trust to said Dr. Philip McGraw.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
I haven't read all the responses.  All I had to do was read the first few.  

No doubt Dr. Phil would say what he did on national t.v.  Doesn't he have a controlling interest in a youth rehab in Texas?  What's the name?  

I know WWASPS schools don't tell parents they can't see or talk with their children. I know it is recommended they rebuild their communication in stages which co-incides with the level priviledges.   Things have changed - parents can go and see their child or talk to them anytime they so choose.  It just isn't recommended for obvious reasons.  

Dr. Phil has copied the WWASPS model in both his seminar approach and the way he presents himself to families.  From what I can see, he has taken the WWASPS whole and healthy family model and used it to his benefit in books and t.v. shows.

What he said on his show is not a surprise given the fact that he stands to make a lot more money and look more credible by making the Program he copies look bad in order to send more clients the way of his Program in Texas.

Anyone else see this??

:wink:  PHX

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »
WHAT AND WERE IS PCS?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
On 2006-04-24 09:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHAT AND WERE IS PCS?"

PCS is "Provo Canyon School". Guess where it is?

Provo Canyon Utah!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
I know WWASPS schools don't tell parents they can't see or talk with their children. I know it is recommended they rebuild their communication in stages which co-incides with the level priviledges.   Things have changed - parents can go and see their child or talk to them anytime they so choose.  It just isn't recommended for obvious reasons.  
What a nice load of double speak. Isolation is not therapeutic, at all, period, whatsoever. Telling the family they cant keep in touch with a child because of whatever supposed hierarchy of 'priviladges' they just pulled out of their ass the child has or has not earned is bullshit. Complete bullshit. "Therapy" Is not taking away every right and priviladge a child has and making them jump through hoops to earn them back while disclosing every secret they have, going through LGATs and being punished with mindless worksheets, isolation, stress positions, pain compliance holds and living in fear disconnected from their family and friends.

Also, that 'isolation' tends to impinge on the rights of the family to see the child, not just the childs right to see out. Oh, and its not proper (or even legal in the states WWASPS does not operate in) to prevent them from talking to a lawyer or legal representation. Even Prisoners have those rights.
Dr. Phil has copied the WWASPS model in both his seminar approach and the way he presents himself to families.  From what I can see, he has taken the WWASPS whole and healthy family model and used it to his benefit in books and t.v. shows.
Uh, no. He hasnt copied the "wwasps model", because there isnt one. Do you mean Resource Realizations? Thats just Gilcrease's rehash of Lifespring/EST bullshit which in itself is just another LGAT very similar to the crap Erhard made 5 decades ago. Then again, LGATs are just cultish diatribes against the people within using peer pressure and humiliation to cause disclosure, and going on long enough it causes a total emotional breakdown. While thats not hard to emulate or copy, its kind of impossible to do that with books or TV shows.
What he said on his show is not a surprise given the fact that he stands to make a lot more money and look more credible by making the Program he copies look bad in order to send more clients the way of his Program in Texas.
Well, what a surprise...
Anyone else see this??
I see someone flapping her gums but not a lot of substance coming out
:wink:  PHX"

Don't wink at me.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »
For someone who has never been in any of these schools, you sure seem to know a lot Nihilanthic - I get that you are a very negative thinking person.  This board encourages that kind of thinking - so enjoy!
 :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

On 2006-04-26 13:46:00, Dolphin wrote:

"For someone who has never been in any of these schools, you sure seem to know a lot Nihilanthic - I get that you are a very negative thinking person.  This board encourages that kind of thinking - so enjoy!

:roll:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

"For someone who has never been in any of these schools, you sure seem to know a lot Nihilanthic - I get that you are a very negative thinking person.  This board encourages that kind of thinking - so enjoy!

:rofl: Damn, you made me actually crack up there  :wink:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 15:00:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

:rofl: Damn, you made me actually crack up there  :wink: "
He/She wasnt attacking your knowledge, but lack of, he/she hit a sore spot.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Dolphin is a he/she?!?! I had no idea.  :lol:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
Dolphin's a she... gave me shit about how with my (now) ex GF I had experimented with S&M And discovered its very, very much like how a seminar fucks with your mind, except you dont get off on it or even have any fun, just all the mindfuckery.

Then she called me the "WORST KIND OF MAN" for indulging someone in consentual stuff, one on one, with a safe word and a desire to please, vs brainwashing in a group with no informed consent, no safe word, and no way out other than RUNNING out, and only if youre a parent.

:roll: one wonders what "dolphin" she makes use of that she hides in her nightstand.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
On 2006-04-26 15:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-26 15:00:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

:rofl: Damn, you made me actually crack up there  :wink: "

He/She wasnt attacking your knowledge, but lack of, he/she hit a sore spot."

hey, moron.  niles knows more about this stuff than you probably ever will.  then again, the scientific, academic approach is not your forte.

why rip on the guy just because he knows what's up and you haven't a clue?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
Because criticism is bad, so sayeth the industry.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
They tranfer kids to Tranquility Bay where kids will be beyond the protection of US laws. So therefor the WWASPS support and encourage master torturer Ken Kay and his henchmen who have peppered sprayed kids daily for months at a time, scrubbed private parts with a steel brush and pepper spray, dislocated shoulders, as well as other tortures unaccepted in the civilized world.  By transfering kids to TB they implicitly endorse these methods. This is the mentality, morality, and legacy of WWASP programs. Their programs are littered with broken and very hurt kids. But these kids who understand how they were betryayed, are luckier than the ones like Dolphin who have been brainwashed into believing that the ends justifies the means, and accountability is for everyone except the owner operators, who use plausible deniability and hundreds of thousands of dollars to politicians to maintain their unscrupulous empire, built on the pain of children.[ This Message was edited by: Badpuppy on 2006-04-26 18:43 ][ This Message was edited by: Badpuppy on 2006-04-26 18:45 ]