Author Topic: Current Students Revolt!  (Read 11193 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
On 2006-04-19 08:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't being a Senior at Hyde mean anything to you?!  

Apparently not.

These are the leaders of the school setting an example for the underclassmen...and this schmuck is posting on an anti-Hyde web site?!?!

Yep, best PSA there is.

If you don't like it there...don't compromise the program,

The program is fucked, it NEEDS to be more than compromised.

get out and get a job at McDonald's...if the McD's comment bothers you, how about Wendy's.

Why do you assume that just because someone doesn't agree with Hyde's practices they'll end up at McD's?  Love that program compassion!! :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

"LUCRATIVE LAW PRACTICE?!?!?!?  What are you talking about...Lars is a struggling public defender on an Indian reservation!!

Doesn't being a Senior at Hyde mean anything to you?!  These are the leaders of the school setting an example for the underclassmen...and this schmuck is posting on an anti-Hyde web site?!?!  If you don't like it there...don't compromise the program, get out and get a job at McDonald's...if the McD's comment bothers you, how about Wendy's.

I'd love to know who you are Sue...when were you at Hyde, maybe we were there together!"

we were.

hugs and kisses
sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

"LUCRATIVE LAW PRACTICE?!?!?!?  What are you talking about...Lars is a struggling public defender on an Indian reservation!!

Doesn't being a Senior at Hyde mean anything to you?!  These are the leaders of the school setting an example for the underclassmen...and this schmuck is posting on an anti-Hyde web site?!?!  If you don't like it there...don't compromise the program, get out and get a job at McDonald's...if the McD's comment bothers you, how about Wendy's.

I'd love to know who you are Sue...when were you at Hyde, maybe we were there together!"

I have a lot more respect for Lars now. Tom Joad and the good fight. Pastures of Plenty, etc. You the man Lars.

sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
Sue, How do you know we were at Hyde together?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 09:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sue, How do you know we were at Hyde together?"

You write like a guy that listened to "Frampton comes Alive,"  the best selling live album in recording history, when it first came out.  Just a guess.

sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
nope..but that's my generation...but Frampton's a fayg.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 09:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"nope..but that's my generation...but Frampton's a fayg."

So was Walt Whitman and a couple of the guys you graduated with.  What is your point?

And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own funeral drest in his shroud.

Sue

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
LOL, best thread ever!

Let me tell ya'll about the one time I got my butt tossed around a timeout room at Straight.

I had run away from a higher phase and been brought back. Since I was going to be put through it for awhile no matter what, I decided to just break w/ normal practice and actually be honest. So some kid stands up to confront me and says something to the same effect as our resident pro-Hyde anon here; "You really messed me up! I looked up to you! Now with you leaving, it makes me think the whole program is full of shit!" "Very astute!" I said, "I do think the whole program is full of shit." [arms flailed]

Nother kid gets called on, this one was on a higher phase and standing guard at the door. He said something about how I didn't deserve the group, had no apreciation for all the love. I had had a mad crush on this guy since the moment I first saw him. Was planning on getting out, losing the "fluorescent tan" and extra weight then looking him up. I said to him that he was right, I didn't belong there and if he would kindly step aside from the door I'd be happy to oblige him.

So then the Staffer restated his demand to me to apologize to the group for failing them. I argued that all I had done was try to deprive them of my company and, as Reagan had just pointed out, I was an unworthy, unwanted piece of shit anyway and so I didn't see anything to disagree about. And I couldn't apologize to Group for running, it wouldn't be honest. I wasn't sorry. I was sorry for having let myself get dragged back in.

This all went on for a short while, maybe 20 minutes, followed by the weirdest 'restraint' I remember from that place. For a couple of hours, they pinned me down to the floor in the usual fashion, only I refused to fight or even holler about it. I wouldn't help them pretend there had been any good reason for doing what they were doing to me and wouldn't let them make me act like one of the animals they accused us all of being. Sometime after that, I got stood up and confronted again. This time it was a trip to the timeout room w/ a tag team of 3 or 4 big girls to bounce me off the walls, yell in my face, poke bruises in my chest. Same thing. Eventually, one of them got frustrated enough to throw a closed fisted punch to my face, breaking my nose. I still didn't react. Sr. Staff actually gave up and quit the business and just started ignoring me from that point.

I never did understand that. I fully expected to get the same rough treatment as anybody else did who refused to comply. I've always wondered why they played it differently w/ me or whether it was just my own perception that it was different.

Honesty! The first and most impotent rule! I hope you don't get busted, kid. I'm pullin' for ya!

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »
Eventually, one of them got frustrated enough to throw a closed fisted punch to my face, breaking my nose. I still didn't react. Sr. Staff actually gave up and quit the business and just started ignoring me from that point.

People that bully are looking for a reaction as a validation of there existance. Human nature is all the same no matter where you are.  The thing that Hyde and your program do is take the natural behaviour of kids to peer pressure and bully and turn it into a force that up holds the program.

Sue

Sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »
Gimme some hints that only someone from our era could guess who you are....
I'd love to know, I love your perspective on Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 11:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Gimme some hints that only someone from our era could guess who you are....

I'd love to know, I love your perspective on Hyde."

ewe first

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
send me an email:

[email protected]

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 04:28:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 10:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Eventually, one of them got frustrated enough to throw a closed fisted punch to my face, breaking my nose. I still didn't react. Sr. Staff actually gave up and quit the business and just started ignoring me from that point.

People that bully are looking for a reaction as a validation of there existance. Human nature is all the same no matter where you are.  The thing that Hyde and your program do is take the natural behaviour of kids to peer pressure and bully and turn it into a force that up holds the program.

Sue

Sue"

So did Hyde make you a more effective bully?

Zany fun. It was a first - even Ben Franklin never arranged for something like this, and he was full of himself.

http://media.orkut.com/writers/0009.html' target='_new'>John Gorenfeld

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »
On 2006-04-19 13:28:00, tommyfromhyde1 wrote:

"

On 2006-04-19 10:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Sue

Sue"

So did Hyde make you a more effective bully?

Zany fun. It was a first - even Ben Franklin never arranged for something like this, and he was full of himself.

http://media.orkut.com/writers/0009.html' target='_new'>John Gorenfeld

"

tommy,

I raised sheep for about twenty years.  I found some of the stuff I learned at hyde helpful in sheep hearding.

sue

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Current Students Revolt!
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »
Hyde is the best school, PERIOD!