Author Topic: I may be writing a book... This is what it isn't about...  (Read 1057 times)

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
I may be writing a book... This is what it isn't about...
« on: December 20, 2002, 11:49:00 PM »
::bigsmilebounce::

Back to purpose, my mother's tragic death & many other adversities that I have faced have caused me to seek wisdom & insight about the questions that have no real answers:

Why am I here?Why didn't my parents figure it out?
What is my purpose?  Why is life so short?  
Why is it so unfair?  
Why did I out of so many millions of long-haired, rebelious and crazy teens get imprisoned for 4 1/2 years?   Now that I am out, why does everyone who is in think that I am bad?  When do we all awake from this sureal horror?  What is the meaning of this life?

Underneath all of these questions is a burning passion in my soul that feeds my mind & stregnthens my heart.  It burns hotter and stronger than any rage that I have ever felt.  I beleive this to be my spirit which was ignighted by the program and fueled by all the crap afterwards.  It drives me everyday to seek to learn more about my existence.  It helps me to understand that realities that exceed human logic.  This beautiful fire that burns in my heart grows everyday that I try to better my existence & contribute to others.  THIS IS THE ONLY MOTIVATOR THAT I WILL USE TO WRITE MY BOOK!  I know that my literary agent will disagree, but I must be true to myself & my reality, not what people will buy.

::soapbox::  is this stupid book going to be about?   :silly:
 Jeff Z*cc*l* :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 02:29:00 PM »
I would like to just say good luck on your writing adventure, I am so glad that you are a rush fan,cause if you were into Milli Vanilli I would have to hunt you down.

K

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 10:35:00 PM »
As bad as I have ever gotten in the lowest points of depression, desperation & devastation (3D's), I would probably sign myself in for "professional treatment" before becoming a "Milli Vanilli" fan or even go out of my way to listen to their sad & sorry attempt at displaying "creativity" & "music".

Not.

Rush, on the other side of the spectrum is a very talented & creative display of talent, music & creative inspiration.  Who else ever wrote a complete album side about the study & follow up to greek mythology (Hemispheres)?  Who else ever a 9+ minute song about the conflict man has created between science & nature (Natural Science).  Who else can ever claim to have written lyrics that were inspired by Ayn Rand's objectivism and her fictional & philospohical stories?  

Well, Milli Vanilli, looks like you've got some work to do.  Until such a time, I am not a fan (nor ever will be).  

Thanks for the good luck!  Its not just a book, its an adventure!

J

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 02:46:00 PM »
Let us know when you get your advance.  

"I may be writing a book" is so analagous to "I'm moving to Hollywood to be an actress."

"Literary agent"?  Have you even shopped a proposal around?  

I don't mean to bust on anything your saying, I just hear so much mush about "I'm writing a book... I'm starting a non-profit...my friend produced Bowling for Columbine and needs to hear about the straights conspiracy...I am a graduate media student at X university and will be writing a thesis on treatment center abuse and can use your input...I write for teen people and will be doing a story soon on treatment facilities...etc"

Personally, I'd like to hear more about Rush lyrics such as "losing it":

""The writer stares with glassy eyes ---
Defies the empty page
His beard is white, his face is lined
And streaked with tears of rage.

Thirty years ago, how the words would flow
With passion and precision,
But now his mind is dark and dulled
By sickness and indecision.

And he stares out the kitchen door
Where the sun will rise no more...

Some are born to move the world ---
To live their fantasies
But most of us just dream about
The things we'd like to be

Sadder still to watch it die
Than never to have known it
For you -- the blind who once could see ---
The bell tolls for thee""
::read::

Move the world, brother.  
Live your fantasy.
Move yourself.

Find yourself.

I have to find the bathroom.
I have to move my bowels.
Best wishes.

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2002, 10:48:00 AM »
Yep.  Shopped proposal.  Yep.  Got agent.  Same guy responsible for some of the "For Dummies" books by IDG.  

Now, the bad news...  There are two books that I am writing.  The one that I got the almost, kinda, sorta, hopefully okay on is the one about about conumer credit, mortgages, homebuying, investing, saving and the accumulation of wealth for the average, unknowledgeable person who wants to learn about how to move on to their financial future.  That is almost wrapped up and will be under contract sometime in Q1 of 2003 (if all goes well, which it usually does not...).  Currently in negotiations...  To be continued...

The second book, (the one that I WANT to write) about RUSH lyrics, philospohy, enlightenment & inspiration I have not made that much headway on.  Proposal is under construction and it will be discussed upon my meeting with the same agent.  As much as I want to put this one first, I must put the one that people would actually buy, and possibly even read as priority if I ever  expect to have anyone take me seriously on the second one.

Anyhow, I have a strong outline, breakdown and most of the sample chapter completed.  I will keep you informed...

As far as RUSH & "Losing It," what an awesome song.  The type that just makes me feel alive and grateful for the opportunity to explore my dreams, hopes and ambitions.  It lets me truly try to take advantage of what passions and desires that I have now, knowing that someday too, I may face "Sadder still to watch it die, then never to have known it.  For you -- The blind who once could see...  The bells tolls for thee.."

Option One, I grow old and slowly suffer the gradual loss of a talent.  Option two, I die suddenly and never see that type of pain & suffering in realizing myself pass through the wheels of time.

Rock on!