Author Topic: Even in England Boys and Girls  (Read 10035 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Even in England Boys and Girls
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »
On 2006-04-12 09:31:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm sorry you didn't like England or the English. I hope you have a long happy life where you are."

No,I like England,but its too expensive now.
National express has some sweet deals,but too many Budgins 9p beans and those wretched Gobblin Pots or wha ever they are called.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

God is inconceivable, immortality is unbelievable, but duty is peremptory and absolute.
--George Eliot, author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:18:15 PM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 04:21:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"A floydian slip ladies and gentlemen...

"

SIT TING ON A PARK BENCH!!!
Tull is better.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »
Heh heh, is that when you say one thing but you really mean your mother?

Seriously, Ardvark, last I heard Tony and W were engaged to be married. To what kind of 'rehab', exactly, do you think they sent Prince Harry to curb his youthful indescretions? Here's one troubling clue.

Nancy Reagan took Princess Di to Straight-Springfield to show her how we handle our druggie kids in this country while Ronald Reagan wrote an endorsement for Straight pamphlets. Robert DuPont, Richard Nixon's Drug Czar, had overseen funding for an experimental juvenile program to try to turn American kids into the straight laced citizens that he thought they should be. That program was called The Seed and its methods were likened by the US Senate to Communist brainwashing techniques.

Straight, Inc. grew out of The Seed and Robert DuPont became Straight's consultant.
http://thestraights.com/gop.htm

I know ppl who were actually there at the time. You should ask them their take, but I like to think Di was just roped into that whole Bizarro World PR tour. Can you even imagine being trapped in close proximity to Nancy Reagan for that duration? Besides, she always seemed like such a decent, level headed young lady.

And it's not just England, far from it! Remember that Sembler was Ambassador to Australia during the Büsh I admin. And check this out:

THE SAGA OF MEL AND BETTY SEMBLER
Powerful American Drug Warriors
June 6, 2002
Washington, D.C.
[This article was prepared at the request of the Italian magazine, Carta, and is obviously intended primarily for an Italian audience.]

Arnold S. Trebach
Professor Emeritus
American University

As a proud American, I find Melvin Sembler, our ambassador to Italy, and his wife, Betty, to be profound embarrassments. It is important that their advice on the drug war and especially on drug treatment be ignored. Indeed, it might be best if Italians listened to what this powerful couple had to say about drugs - and then followed policies in precisely the opposite direction.
http://www.trebach.com/media/carta.htm

The Dr MacDonald mentioned in Dr. Trebach's article was just a pediatrician in Clearwater, Florida till he put his son in Straight. I know a few people who were in the Program at about the same time. Besides, Dr. MacDonald has made it public info. (all that bs about confidentiality and anonymity go out the window when it comes to a little timely PR)

Hell, I even heard from a friend who used to visit Serbia some years ago of Partnership for a Drug Free America style billboards popping up along the roadsides in that country in the time leading up to our and NATO's military action in that country. I think the Serbian kids had a little more spunk in those days than American or Brittish kids ta day. One of the favorites was half a pot leaf with the other half being made up of pills, needles and other icons of hard drugs. The original caption read something like "Marijuana = bondage". But with just a slight alteration in the Serbian language, they changed "bondage" to "freedom" on a good many of them.

It's spreading, no doubt, and it's no coincidence. Just don't buy it, alright?

How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate, they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Orwell, 1984

`80 - `82
return undef() if /coercion/i;

Shoot, I forgot both of the links![ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-04-13 04:41 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:36:39 PM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »
I'm going to england with family soon for vacation, its going to be nice, I can't wait to try the food.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 03:14:00 AM »
On 2006-04-15 22:22:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"The food tastes like shit. Go to a good indo take away or get some good paki curry.

Everything that people say to you is personal. Whether it is constructive criticism or not will determine whether it cam from and asshole or not.

----Bill Warbis

"

I second that motion.
You can,however,go to a supermarket and find pre made international foods that are quite good,and I usually steer towards the Indian/Paki stuff.
Dont be fooled by what Englanders call "sausage",its in fact just bread soaked in pork fat and stuffed in to a sausage casing.
There are shops that sell sandwiches and "pasties",cheap small meat pies.
And dont be fooled by "English Breakfast",because usually it is a VERY HARD bread roll with butter,served with a dish of jelly that has been in the fridge so long it has formed a 1/4 inch thick skin.
If you want a proper English Breakfast then you had better state that point clearly and be ready to hand over a lot of money for it.
I survive on the cheapest food in England,Spighettios and 9p Beans at Budgins Best Supermarket.
Warning!The Low Fat Milk has a red cap,and the Full Milk has a blue cap,and "Double Cream" is much to thick to put in your coffee,you should buy "Single Cream" for coffee.
Englanders soap up their dishes,but never rinse ANY of the soap off before drying,so you had better rinse them your self or you will have a case of the shits like you wont believe.
Englanders dont like showers,so all the bath tubs have only hot/cold spigots,but they are a foot apart,so you cant blend warm water,so it is impossible to rinse the soap out of your hair with warm water.
Go to Germany if you want to be treated warmly,Brits are so uptight and constipated all the time,and Im talking about my friends.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »
Hey, the beers good at the very least  :lol:

And I *HAVE* seen some good English food around. Unfortunately it seems its hard to come by good old-school stuff when lowest-common-denominator crap is so abundant.

That said, I wanna try some blood sausage sometime... sounds fucking tasty!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 07:26:00 AM »
On 2006-04-16 01:54:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Hey, the beers good at the very least  :lol:

<

If you can afford one,about $10USD each,and expect to pay that much per pack for your cigarettes too,and I dont mean in Central London,Im talking about the whole UK.
And kick in &8USD if you want a simple plate of greasy Fish-N-Chips in the Local Shop.
WARNING!!!CCTV IN ACTION!!!WARNING!!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »
$8USD gets me a sixpack of Bass.

Jesus christ, that islands turned mad.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:47:05 PM by Guest »

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:08:51 PM by Guest »

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
On 2006-04-17 05:13:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"And while I'm at it, here's a list of other cool things about England...

The minimum wage is set at £5.25/hour that's roughly $9 per hour. This guarantees a fair living wage to everyone.

I pay 15% tax on my £21000 job, meaning I pay less tax than an American and I get fully comprehensive medical care thrown in on the NHS.

I can tell the difference between my political parties.

My country does not have a 50% obesity rate.

My country does not have 21000  gun deaths every year.

My country does not incarcerate minors on no charge in facilities where they will be abused

My country does not impose illegal and unconstitutional curfews on minors 8 hours out of the day.

My country does not discriminate against homosexual couples who want to celebrate their union with marriage.

My local pub is older than the United States of America (opened in 1189)and I can buy a pint of Leffe there for £2.05 (around $3.50)

"

You forgot one important point... America is WAY cooler than England. Keep your island, we don't want it anyways. Yes, we know England does not approve of America, this is nothing new!  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »
On 2006-04-17 05:13:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"And while I'm at it, here's a list of other cool things about England...

The minimum wage is set at £5.25/hour that's roughly $9 per hour. This guarantees a fair living wage to everyone.

I pay 15% tax on my £21000 job, meaning I pay less tax than an American and I get fully comprehensive medical care thrown in on the NHS.

I can tell the difference between my political parties.

My country does not have a 50% obesity rate.

My country does not have 21000  gun deaths every year.

My country does not incarcerate minors on no charge in facilities where they will be abused

My country does not impose illegal and unconstitutional curfews on minors 8 hours out of the day.

My country does not discriminate against homosexual couples who want to celebrate their union with marriage.

My local pub is older than the United States of America (opened in 1189)and I can buy a pint of Leffe there for £2.05 (around $3.50)

"

So... how'd WWII work out for you guys?