Author Topic: "Fear is not a Trilogy", BUT... It was..  (Read 1444 times)

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
"Fear is not a Trilogy", BUT... It was..
« on: December 16, 2002, 12:40:00 AM »
::drummer::  :idea:

You can get it online at http://www.bn.com  They have it in stock!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 10:59:00 AM »
Great Post.  I'm going to buy that book this week.

Sam

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »
Sam,

For your true enlightenment into the depths of RUSH, please try & find these two books:

1.  Mystic Rhythms:The Philosophical Vision of Rush

2. A Simple Kind Mirror: The Lyrical Vision of Rush

Both highly recommended!!!

By the way, I forgot to make amends to you for that time in the bathroom when Marty K. Yelled, "Exit Stage Left" and I cliqued with you.

I was weak and acting out on the drug problem that I didn't have and I was out of control with being powerless over RUSH.  I know that I could have made you cop out and go buy the new album (It was Presto by that time).  I have not changed from it and am therefore encouraging you further to study Rush's music, lyrics and overall views & perspectives on life.

Because I never wrote my MI on it, it has just got worse & worse for me.  I now read philosophy books compulsively searching for insights and wisdoms dating out over the ages.  In fact, I actually got a Canadian Pressing of Grace Under Pressue on DVD!  (Not available in the states EVER).  It was the first time FEAR was ever played as a trilogy (Yep.  I said trilogy...).
 ::rocker::

The silly thing is that some people never will understand the beauty that words & insights can have in our lives, especially when matched with extraordinary music.  

The actual meaning of beauty is "what inspires" and it is sad that some people see life everyday and fail to see the inspirations offered in everyday beauty.  Well, don't be like the graduates...

DO NOT LIVE TRYING TO FIND WHATS BEST FOR US & RISE & SAVE US FROM OURSELVES...

Those are the people who are possessed by those three demons: IGNORANCE, PREJUDICE & FEAR.  They stalk the land in human flesh.  (KIDS supporters or any vigilante group for that matter).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2002, 02:59:00 PM »
That was a truly classic clicque!  Cracked me up and years later I can't listen to Rush without a smirk thinking about it.  It probably was the root to my 5 th and final cop out!  I'll check out both books sometimetime this week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 06:48:00 PM »
Ok Jeff, you are a finer pupil to the teachings,preachings, and lyrical genius of Mr. Peart than I.  I have not read any RUSH relative books cover to cover and I do lack the wisdom that can be gleaned therein, but I will cage both books soon. Thanks for the recommendations!

So fear WAS a trilogy, and the explanation of the IV parts only adds to divine coolness of the said tune(s).

Any friend of the Samster is a friend of mine, thanks again for the update and clarification on the trilogy, er uh...the 4 tunes.

Unregistered User Me

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »
I still could be wrong, but according to what I have read so far, I think that at one point in time (at least), it was meant to be and intended as a trilogy.

This is all about enlightenment and nothing about who knows more or less.  I was racking my brain ever since your post.  

The books will BLOW YOUR MIND as to the depth and direction of stuff.  It will expand your perspective on RUSH, music, philosophy & life overall.  

YOU CAN EXPAND YOUR MIND WITHOUT DRUGS!  Just read lots of books.  Pretty cool, huh!

Any Rush fan is always a friend of mine.  You can e-mail me at [email protected]