Author Topic: Hyde School Woodstock Headmaster Leaving???  (Read 14399 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde School Woodstock Headmaster Leaving???
« on: March 27, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!  Duncan McCrann is leaving his position as Headmaster of Hyde School Woodstock Campus.  Now if only the Gauld family would follow, Hyde could have a chance of succeeding!

Good luck Duncan.  Maybe try professional counseling for your whole family rather than the silly seminars that didn't work at Hyde!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
On 2006-03-27 15:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"GREAT NEWS!!  Duncan McCrann is leaving his position as Headmaster of Hyde School Woodstock Campus.  Now if only the Gauld family would follow, Hyde could have a chance of succeeding!

Good luck Duncan.  Maybe try professional counseling for your whole family rather than the silly seminars that didn't work at Hyde!!"

Is this news confirmed?  Any idea why he's leaving?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »
Hey,  

We must be on the same snail mail list.  I got a letter to.  I have never met this guy.  Why is it good he is leaving?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
On 2006-03-27 17:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey,  

We must be on the same snail mail list.  I got a letter to.  I have never met this guy.  Why is it good he is leaving?

"

What does the snail mail letter say?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:49:00 AM »
On 2006-03-27 18:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Hey,  

"

"

It says blah blah blah .... duncon is leaving to pursue his first love teaching blah blah blah.  I am old school, Hyde is in Bath. I have no connection to the place in Woodstock so I tossed it into the woodstove.  I figure that all the malcontents posting here went to Woodstock because at bath we were a "merry, happy-go-lucky throng"
Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =80#183754
except for Phil in 75 and Ed in 74:
Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=0#183847

So what was rong with this dunkin guy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »
On 2006-03-28 02:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-03-27 18:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"Hey,  

"

"

It says blah blah blah .... duncon is leaving to pursue his first love teaching blah blah blah.  I am old school, Hyde is in Bath. I have no connection to the place in Woodstock so I tossed it into the woodstove.  I figure that all the malcontents posting here went to Woodstock because at bath we were a "merry, happy-go-lucky throng"

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =80#183754

except for Phil in 75 and Ed in 74:

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=0#183847

So what was rong with this dunkin guy?"

Maybe Duncan got smart!  Then again Ken Grant left as Headmaster because of a scandal he was involved in a few years back, and was then put in another postion at Bath.  Maybe this move of Ken Grants was temporary until the dust settled and maybe he will be put back at Woodstock.  This should be interesting to follow........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
I actually read part of the letter before I tossed it. Duncan McCrann said that he is leaving his post as headmaster after 4 years to pursue his dream of teaching chemistry - and expects to teach it "for years to come at Hyde-Woodstock" - so he isn't actually gone - just gone to a smaller abode........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 10:35:00 PM »
So in other words he got demoted?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 05:41:00 AM »
On 2006-03-29 19:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So in other words he got demoted?"

This isn't fair.  We have no idea why this headmaster is stepping down.  We all know there are many different reasons why people leave jobs.  Sometimes people have simply had enough of the administrative headaches or want to do something else.  Sometimes they're forced out.  We shouldn't make any assumption here.

I am no fan of the Hyde School.  Actually, I'd never recommend that a parent send their child there.  I think Hyde should be closed down.  At the same time, I want to be fair to the headmaster.  I'm making no assumptions about why he's stepping down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »
On 2006-03-30 02:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-03-29 19:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So in other words he got demoted?"

This isn't fair.  We have no idea why this headmaster is stepping down.  We all know there are many different reasons why people leave jobs.  Sometimes people have simply had enough of the administrative headaches or want to do something else.  Sometimes they're forced out.  We shouldn't make any assumption here.

I am no fan of the Hyde School.  Actually, I'd never recommend that a parent send their child there.  I think Hyde should be closed down.  At the same time, I want to be fair to the headmaster.  I'm making no assumptions about why he's stepping down."

Hey would you send your own kids? Opps! You never had kids. No woman will have sex with you.
Sorry

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
From Malcolm's letter to the Hyde community about a replacement for Duncan McCrann:
"At this point primary consideration is being given to individuals with Hyde experience and training who will be best suited to lead the faculty in the common goal of delivering the promise of the four points of Hyde's character compass:
1. character development as defined by the Five Words and Principles;
2. a faculty that will go to the ends of the earth to help students meet with success and fulfillment;
3. the most dynamic student culture in American education (i.e., Brother's Keeper);
4. family and school working together."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
On 2006-03-30 19:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"From Malcolm's letter to the Hyde community about a replacement for Duncan McCrann:

"At this point primary consideration is being given to individuals with Hyde experience and training who will be best suited to lead the faculty in the common goal of delivering the promise of the four points of Hyde's character compass:

2. a faculty that will go to the ends of the earth to help students meet with success and fulfillment;

3. the most dynamic student culture in American education (i.e., Brother's Keeper);

"

This lame Hyde PR spin is getting pretty old. Many of us have seen a very different side of Hyde.  The other side of this coin includes staff who don't live up to the five words and principles (such as staff who resign because of sexual harassment, staff who scream and yell at students, administrators who aren't willing to give truthful answers to parents' questions), a student culture that includes many students who spin out of control at Hyde because the school can't even begin to meet their complicated needs (This is a DYNAMIC STUDENT CULTURE?  Please.), and families who are in intense conflict with Hyde because of Hyde's confrontational tactics (This is FAMILY AND SCHOOL WORKING TOGETHER?  Please.)  Hyde's rhetoric sounds great.  There's a smelly underbelly at Hyde that flies in the face of the Madison Avenue spin.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »
On 2006-03-31 19:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"From Malcolm's letter to the Hyde community about a replacement for Duncan McCrann:

"

This lame Hyde PR spin is getting pretty old. Many of us have seen a very different side of Hyde.  The other side of this coin includes staff who don't live up to the five words and principles (such as staff who resign because of sexual harassment, staff who scream and yell at students, administrators who aren't willing to give truthful answers to parents' questions), a student culture that includes many students who spin out of control at Hyde because the school can't even begin to meet their complicated needs (This is a DYNAMIC STUDENT CULTURE?  Please.), and families who are in intense conflict with Hyde because of Hyde's confrontational tactics (This is FAMILY AND SCHOOL WORKING TOGETHER?  Please.)  Hyde's rhetoric sounds great.  There's a smelly underbelly at Hyde that flies in the face of the Madison Avenue spin.    "

Your tired diatribe of negative crap is the only thing around here that smells. Hyde has worked for thousands of families since 1966.  Sorry it did not work for yours, but like they say in AA it doesn't work unless YOU work it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
On 2006-04-01 05:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

This lame Hyde PR spin is getting pretty old. Many of us have seen a very different side of Hyde.  The other side of this coin includes staff who don't live up to the five words and principles (such as staff who resign because of sexual harassment, staff who scream and yell at students, administrators who aren't willing to give truthful answers to parents' questions), a student culture that includes many students who spin out of control at Hyde because the school can't even begin to meet their complicated needs (This is a DYNAMIC STUDENT CULTURE?  Please.), and families who are in intense conflict with Hyde because of Hyde's confrontational tactics (This is FAMILY AND SCHOOL WORKING TOGETHER?  Please.)  Hyde's rhetoric sounds great.  There's a smelly underbelly at Hyde that flies in the face of the Madison Avenue spin.    "

Your tired diatribe of negative crap is the only thing around here that smells. Hyde has worked for thousands of families since 1966.  Sorry it did not work for yours, but like they say in AA it doesn't work unless YOU work it.

"

This is an interesting exchange.  I'd like to weigh in.  My family threw ourselves into the Hyde process. We gave it everything we had.  About half way through we witnessed some very unprofessional behaviors by Hyde staff.  Several people really mistreated some students and parents.  We ended up meeting three other sets of parents who also had horrible experiences that really hurt the students and made the parents' life miserable.  So, there are families who work hard to make Hyde work and then find out that there's some genuine rot at Hyde.  Maybe that wasn't your experience, but it sure was ours.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
On 2006-04-01 05:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-01 05:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

"

This is an interesting exchange.  I'd like to weigh in.  My family threw ourselves into the Hyde process. We gave it everything we had.  About half way through we witnessed some very unprofessional behaviors by Hyde staff.  Several people really mistreated some students and parents.  We ended up meeting three other sets of parents who also had horrible experiences that really hurt the students and made the parents' life miserable.  So, there are families who work hard to make Hyde work and then find out that there's some genuine rot at Hyde.  Maybe that wasn't your experience, but it sure was ours.  "

Care to define "mistreat" and "horrible experiences"?  Then I was there the only things that came close were:

a guy with a bad comb over yelling at you

a very demanding and physical sports program

a guy with coke bottle glasses and a gold mercury capri used to drive his index finger into your chest when he talked to you

a guy named henry would make you do meaningless work

the male/female ratio was about 4/1

In the big scheme of things, not really horrible except the male female ratio.

If you have your head up your ass and you are screwing up your kids life and are completely clueless about it maybe having some one yell at you and publicly humiliate you is not a bad thing.