Author Topic: "Jesus the Magic Man", Paranoid Myth of the Centuries  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Jesus the Magic Man", Paranoid Myth of the Centuries
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
:razz: ..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »
On 2006-02-18 08:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If all its about is the point and message, why do people squable about who mary got fucked by, this guy named jesus and all the other details which can't possibly be correct (ever played telephone at a party?).

Because they miss the point.

It's like when I want you to explain something to a kid, parents use fairy tales because they aren't mature enough to teach them in a reality based way, I get that. I don't fault kids for believing in religion, they believe in santa clause and the easter bunny. Im just curious how adults can swallow this stuff?"

I loved telling my little ones fairy tales! I never, ever lied to them, though; not really. It was more like impromptu theatre with voluntarily suspended disbelief. And it was all precious to all players. One time, my daughter, who couldn't have been more than 5 at the time, picked up a dried stem from underneath the palmetto colony and asked me what it was. Not that she didn't know, she certainly did. But little kids love stories and gentle interrogation. And she was, and remains so far anyway, that "person small who keeps ten million serving men who get no rest at all!"

So I told her it was a walking cane which must have been dropped in haste by a gnome as he fled a cat or the trash men or maybe her own dear mother (I) who was fond of walking that area of the yard and gazing into the night sometimes. We discussed the matter of gnomes for a bit and how impressively well they craft their personal tools and effects to blend perfectly w/ their natural environment and how they go about keeping vigil on all the good people and creatures and their favorite plants. She thought the gnome might miss his cane and she wanted very much to catch a glimpse of this being. So we wrote a note asking for a meeting and left it with his cane out on the picnic table near where we had found it.

Next day, the cane was still there, but there was a note on the back of the note we had left. It said something to the effect that the owner of that finely crafted accessory had been very moved by her sweet note and pure intention, that he would like very much to sit on her shoulder and have a good long conversation, but that the council strictly forbade any intentional contact between the little folk and regular humans. And he told her to keep the cane as a keepsake and know that she'd always have a friend.

This went on for a number of months with the occasional note going back and forth.

Clever girl that she is, naturally she tried her hand at the same sort of theatre herself. One day, she's sitting on the hand rail at the post office, bored, waiting in line with me. All of a sudden, she looks me dead in the eye (the left one) and asks me "Mommy, is it true that I'm not really your baby, that you stole me from my real parents?" THAT raised some eyebrows, and made me smile. "Yes!" I said, "And you have no idea how long and hard your daddy and I looked to find a kid who looked so much like both of us."

We still hear from Grafnal once in awhile.

Understand that legal and illegal are political, and often arbitrary,
categorizations; use and abuse are medical, or clinical, distinctions.

--Abbie Hoffman

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »
On 2006-02-18 14:04:00, Eudora wrote:

"

"If all its about is the point and message, why do people squable about who mary got fucked by, this guy named jesus and all the other details which can't possibly be correct (ever played telephone at a party?).

It's like when I want you to explain something to a kid, parents use fairy tales because they aren't mature enough to teach them in a reality based way, I get that. I don't fault kids for believing in religion, they believe in santa clause and the easter bunny. Im just curious how adults can swallow this stuff?"

I loved telling my little ones fairy tales! I never, ever lied to them, though; not really. It was more like impromptu theatre with voluntarily suspended disbelief. And it was all precious to all players. One time, my daughter, who couldn't have been more than 5 at the time, picked up a dried stem from underneath the palmetto colony and asked me what it was. Not that she didn't know, she certainly did. But little kids love stories and gentle interrogation. And she was, and remains so far anyway, that "person small who keeps ten million serving men who get no rest at all!"

So I told her it was a walking cane which must have been dropped in haste by a gnome as he fled a cat or the trash men or maybe her own dear mother (I) who was fond of walking that area of the yard and gazing into the night sometimes. We discussed the matter of gnomes for a bit and how impressively well they craft their personal tools and effects to blend perfectly w/ their natural environment and how they go about keeping vigil on all the good people and creatures and their favorite plants. She thought the gnome might miss his cane and she wanted very much to catch a glimpse of this being. So we wrote a note asking for a meeting and left it with his cane out on the picnic table near where we had found it.

Next day, the cane was still there, but there was a note on the back of the note we had left. It said something to the effect that the owner of that finely crafted accessory had been very moved by her sweet note and pure intention, that he would like very much to sit on her shoulder and have a good long conversation, but that the council strictly forbade any intentional contact between the little folk and regular humans. And he told her to keep the cane as a keepsake and know that she'd always have a friend.

This went on for a number of months with the occasional note going back and forth.

Clever girl that she is, naturally she tried her hand at the same sort of theatre herself. One day, she's sitting on the hand rail at the post office, bored, waiting in line with me. All of a sudden, she looks me dead in the eye (the left one) and asks me "Mommy, is it true that I'm not really your baby, that you stole me from my real parents?" THAT raised some eyebrows, and made me smile. "Yes!" I said, "And you have no idea how long and hard your daddy and I looked to find a kid who looked so much like both of us."

--Abbie Hoffman

"

That made me smile.  :smile:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »
Good ta hear! Me too.

Pirate,
Ambrose Bierce
Infidel: In New York, one who does not believe in the Christian religion; in Constantinople, one who does.

Like dat?

If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »
Jesus was justa nice Jewish boy...well, aside from his running away from home at 12, and can you imagine Mary (mom), a Jewish Mother...Oy, I bet she was pissed...not that she wasn't accustomed to controversy

But chances are he traveled thru the Himilayas. Recently saw a special on some educational channel and the guy traced back to a "teacher" who was/is held  in high esteem by certain sects of the tibetian people....Makes sense, I also recall several images, on the budhist (sp) side, several depictions of a diety opening or maybe pointing to the center of the chest and it is the heart engulfed in flames. I also recall images of Jesus doing the same thing...pointing to a heart engulfed in flames. Just thought it was an interesting similarity.

Also, I recently saw a bumper sticker that said,

MY GOD CAN KICK YOUR GODS ASS

I thought it was a classic!

To the anon who said ,

"Any clear thinkin' adult who believes in two thousand year old fairy tales needs help"

What of the ones who believe/practice older or for that matter, younger religions/fairly tales? Generally people respond with answers like, 'people have a need to believe' or something to that effect. Take it further, why do people have a need to "believe". Sociology 101, since recorded time man has had a need to believe in something, a god, a diety or Ugh...a high power. Why is that the case? Are we not secure enough on our own inner landsacape that we have a need to place our hope/faith into something that is suppossed to exist outside of us? Saying that folks need help, well yeah, I tend to agree to an extint...perhaps just with out the negitive connotation. Using the word explore or investigation would be a better word yet. Certainly we think enuff of ourselves to agree that we are worthy of investigation. Seems to me a life un-ivestigated would be a dreary life.

::soapbox::

puff puff pass
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
On 2006-02-18 14:24:00, Eudora wrote:

"Good ta hear! Me too.

Pirate,

Ambrose Bierce

Infidel: In New York, one who does not believe in the Christian religion; in Constantinople, one who does.

Like dat?

If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"

I dunno...maybe...I like the Twain quote.

That was a nice story you tol' about you an' your daughter.  My daughter an' I have shared some similiar experiences...The imagination of a child...so precious.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
I always liked Ghandi's quote.

"Take your Christianity...give me your Christ"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »
I always liked Ginger's quote, "Christ on a crutch."

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 02:51:00 AM »
The point is that it doesn't even really matter what the facts are; whether Jesus was in India studying the transcendental nature of the cosmos or in Egypt practicing enlightenment through ritualistic sex or even if he travelled to one of Jupiters' many moons and spent time there learning from the Ganymedian masters.  The historical facts are irrelevent.  It's the symbols and metaphors that carry meaning.  They are the language of spiritual consciousness, as mathematics is the language of physics.  Just as there are many ways to express the #9, there are also many ways to express spiritual wisdom.  To argue about whether or not Jesus was in Egypt or India or orbiting Jupiter on Ganymede is similar to arguin' over whether 3x3=9 or 27 divided by 3=9 or 5+4=9, etc. They all =9. Another religion or cultural group might express the same principle in another form altogether: (III)III=IX.

Of course this is a simplification but I hope I've made my point...or at least done something... ::dove::

If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »
Sounds like you may have checked out the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ..the link I posted in reply to one of your posts recently..did you?

Frank or whoever I am..

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
Yeah, I started to check it out but didn't get too far yet.  There is an awful lot there.  I didn't even get to anything about Jesus yet.  I only got as far as the explanation of the ages of the Zodiac.  Real cool though.  I'm diggin' it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
On 2006-02-18 14:04:00, Eudora wrote:

"

--Abbie Hoffman

"

:nworthy: