Author Topic: Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"  (Read 33016 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stoughton - A question for "Staff/Old Comers"
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
Hi, I was a grad from Stoughton, and was on staff for a couple years. And it is hard to look back at some of those times. I was young, newly sober, and under the guidance and direction of some strong influences at Straight. At the time I did also believe in the program with all my heart. I gave it my all and got result from it, as did alot of others who I see now. When I finally got fired, and started working in the real human service field, I started to realize that so many of the things that went on there were against normal treatment and care, and often were abusive and traumatic. It took me a very long time to accept my part in that, and to start letting go realizing that I could not change the past, and re-learning how to really help people (which has been my career since). I was overage when I went in, so even though there was times I wanted out, I needed to be there, and finished it. There were some great times for me at straight (the friends and laughs we had), along with some nightmares. In the spirit of love and peace, just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »
I was on staff and eventually left when I started going to strip bars.  I didn't drink, just like to look at the scenery.  The great thing was the funniest conversastion I have ever had w/ an employer.  "We would like you to stop going to stip bars".  Me "Are you telling me you are going to control what I do outside this building?" Them "No, we just don't think it is right and would like you to stop.  i'm not going to stop, are you going to fire me? I don't think we can keep you on...  So you are going to fire me not for drinking but leagally going to a bar to watch chicks dance and having the self restaint not to drink?  We don't want to fire you.  Then don't.  Well, we can't have you going to a strip bar while you are on staff.  But this is leagal for me to do as an adult AND I am not drinking..."  It went on and on like that.  by this time I had had it with the program anyway and was ready to move on.  I left and was not fired.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
Some of the things that are being said about people on this thread are just simply false. I thought mentioning people's names was also not cool.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Some of the things that are being said about people on this thread are just simply false.

For instance...  :question:

Offline A. Noid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
greetings and salutations I am the newcomer on this chatline. Looking for like-minded survivors for chat. Let's get down to the real nitty-gritty about the "program". I have been fortunate to find this website and am coming from KY(home sweet home for George Ross). My experiences at possibilities were horific but a long time ago 1987-88 to be specific. I had some idea that what was happening to me was probably happening somewhere else, but here the whole fiasco has been hidden-or covered up. I escaped.But I am suprised and disgusted that this was and still is going on virtually everywhere!

Truth does not have to be accepted on faith. Scientists do not hold hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! Amen.
--Dan Barker, former evangelist and author

..is there anybody out there?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
Welcome! Far as I know, you're the first one to come along who knows anything about it under the PU name. Do tell! How did it start/end, etc.?

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
-- William James

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline A. Noid

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
I was betrayed or tricked into going to a family counseling session. Strip-searched,interviewed belt-looped. I was not on drugs. Naturally. I never got off first phase. I picked the biggest guy in there and when he started breathing down my neck to intimdate me I dropped him like that bag of cotton they always had us singing about. I don't like dudes getting that close to me I told them.
I was 17. Smart but still too naive. I could not believe I was being held there. I've always had a good intuition-I just knew there was something really wrong about the place-something NASTY! It has taken me a while to figure out the singing was regression,and the loop and the sex raps were really covert sex abuse. I got beat up a number of times for resisting. It never occured to me to make up anything :skull:

For something that has spread with all the forethought of kudzu, the Internet isn't half bad."
-- Newsweek, 2/27/95

[ This Message was edited by: nottyTx on 2006-02-02 18:14 ]

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
"P.U." - aaanh, that stinks!!

Yo nottyTx welcome.  I was in $tr8 but your program sounds real similliar.  Solidarity!  :skull:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline A. Noid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
Well it has been roughly(because I was not allowed to know what day it was)17-18 years.A whole entire lifetime ago in kid years. These links this website and you fellows are the only single solitary clue that I have been able to get! i should have tried this a while back. I have been trying to drum up some support for years. I've talked to church members,clergy,psychologists, psychiatrists M.D.'s,friends, relatives, etc. and got the same vacant dumass stare, like it did'nt matter.  

[ This Message was edited by: nottyTx on 2006-02-02 18:27 ]

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Yeah...I know exactly what you mean...about the vacant dumb-ass stare 'n' all.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline A. Noid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »
:wave:  

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
--John Adams

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »
NIGGER

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
Well, Notty, what do ya want ta know?

Never in the history of any nation has an education system been so on the point of disintegration and decay as the education system in this country...We know that education in this country is as bad as it can be.  We know that it is old-fashioned, irrelevant, and not meaningful.
--U.S. Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff, 1970

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 05:33:00 AM »
like what?.....i'm sorry,i was wrong about saying i lit a dube in front of them in the park...lol...
that was a different person.....i was on acid in the "holyoak square" near the subway in cambridge mass> harvard square....the san francisco of the east coast!i was with david yates a "cop - out"
from str8 stoughton.....my friends were all there asking me if this was one of the f-ers at that f-ing place i was in......none of what i wrote was false....lol....yeah right! like i'd make up a crazy story like that!who are you?.....don't even have a name......i just want to let everyone know that that was 20+ yrs ago......what i said i would say to thier face and they know it! what happened to me up there by those kiss asses was a witch hunt....i've got nothing to hide,i paid my dues in that f-ing place!....i wrote this last posting because i didn't want you guys to think they scared me or that i really was lying...more than that,i'm looking for the ppl now who would collaborate my story.....when i find them , i'll let them write too....hippie
....HEY STARRY{Awww,dude you're killing me!}that was funny as shit...i still laugh at that posting when i see it!  ::rocker:: i can just see you saying that....lol

Offline flygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: flygirl on 2006-04-26 05:56 ]