Author Topic: PHYSICAL RESTRAINT  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« on: January 14, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
How is physical restraint used?
Who is allowed to restrain kids?
Teachers, ex-military 'restriction' personel, peer group counselors?
What holds are allowed?
How are staff trained in the use of restraint?
What outside entity confirms that training is conducted for all personel?
What constitutes a 'threat' to self, others, property that would require a restraint?
Have there ever been any injuries caused by restraint?

If you aren't a principal at HLA don't bother answering.

If you are an ex particpant, why were you restrained? Describe the hold and the circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »
I have seen restraints performed there.  

They "technique," if you want to call it that, was to grab the kid by the shirt and slam him on the ground, roll him onto his face and kneel on his back with one knee right betweenthe shoulder blades while holding his arms up behind his back(straight backwards from the shoulder joint).

This was because the kid was "mouthing off" to an assistant counselor.

I've seen some other crazy slams that looked like WWF moves.  I don't think they were "approved methods" either.

My question is, are the staff now trained (they weren't before) in proper restraint and certified to perform them?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
yeah i was a mouthy little kid when i was there.
i was never choked or anything, but i was definitely grabbed and thrown around. it was by current/ex military, and come on, a 15 year old kid stands no fucking chance against a trained adult. my buddy tried running away from staff and i watched him have his face rubbed in fucking gravel. and teh kid was suicidal before that. way to intervene in the right way.

dan pg26

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
On 2006-01-14 11:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yeah i was a mouthy little kid when i was there.

i was never choked or anything, but i was definitely grabbed and thrown around. it was by current/ex military, and come on, a 15 year old kid stands no fucking chance against a trained adult. my buddy tried running away from staff and i watched him have his face rubbed in fucking gravel. and teh kid was suicidal before that. way to intervene in the right way.

dan pg26"

Sounds like highly qualified, trained, professional care givers.   :roll:

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-01-15 05:11 ]
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

dan pg26"

So there was a suicidal kid running away and the staff kept him from running into the woods?  That is horrible.  They should let all the suicidal kids who try running into the woods just go do what they want to do.  Yeah, that makes more sense. :???:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
You forgot to log in.  Or is it intentional?  Don't worry, as a courtesy Deborah is going to take your anonymous posts and repost them with your handle.

You people are twice as sneaky and manipulative as those kids you babysit.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
Since when did it become a crime to post anonymously?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
It's not.  But when you try to deceive others by posting irresponsibly while anonymous and authoritatively with your username, it just bears pointing out.

Don't worry though.  Like I said, over the next couple of weeks Deborah is going to match IP's to usernames and repost your anonymous posts with your handle so your split personalities can be shown more clearly.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 10:22:00 PM »
On 2006-01-15 18:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

dan pg26"

So there was a suicidal kid running away and the staff kept him from running into the woods?  That is horrible.  They should let all the suicidal kids who try running into the woods just go do what they want to do.  Yeah, that makes more sense. :???: "

Yeah cause talking never helps.

Idiot.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »
You're right, Robert.  As the kid was running into the woods the staff should have said, "wait, let's talk".  You are a simple minded idiot if you believe that works.  Once a kid is desparate enough to take off running, they are not willing to talk anymore.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »
Right and again tackeling the kid helps somehow?

Dont be stupid there are many other better ways of handeling the situation without touching the kid let alone grinding his face into the ground.

Youre also ignoring the other aspects of restraint at HLA.

And why?

Because you know we are right.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »
Does this method of 'treatment' for suicidality/general distress presumes that a little gravel/mud in the face is 'worth a thousand words'?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
On 2006-01-15 20:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You're right, Robert.  As the kid was running into the woods the staff should have said, "wait, let's talk".  You are a simple minded idiot if you believe that works.  Once a kid is desparate enough to take off running, they are not willing to talk anymore."

One, there was no mention of this kid "running into the woods."  Dan stated that he "ran away from staff."  Hell, I'd run too if I had already been or already seen the untrained goons' unapproved restraint methods.

Two, abc123, a staff member, has already posted that any kid can walk off campus at any time and cannot be restrained for doing so.  Clearly what these goons did was against HLA's policy and slamming a kid face-first into gravel is an assault, not a restraint.

I have worked for years with kids like this and ones with far more extreme behaviors.  I have never, ever had to put my hands on a child to keep them "safe."  I have never needed to restrain a child even one time.  Never.  

This eager desire to get physical with a child is a symptom of unqualified staff.  If there were qualified, educated, trained staff, they could have handled the situation without assaulting a suicidal child.  This, in the most basic terms, shows incompetence.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
PHYSICAL RESTRAINT
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »
On 2006-01-14 11:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

How is physical restraint used?

Who is allowed to restrain kids?

Teachers, ex-military 'restriction' personel, peer group counselors?

What holds are allowed?

How are staff trained in the use of restraint?

What outside entity confirms that training is conducted for all personel?

What constitutes a 'threat' to self, others, property that would require a restraint?

Have there ever been any injuries caused by restraint?

If you aren't a principal at HLA don't bother answering.

If you are an ex particpant, why were you restrained? Describe the hold and the circumstances.

"
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control