Author Topic: Chanting???  (Read 11476 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
Your post cultivates my imagination...'Ey who is it that grieves ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »
...and for what ???
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »
On 2006-01-06 13:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

A spoon full of sugar, helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down.   "

And a spoonful of medicine can get your sugar to go down, too.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »
Hey Dragonfly :wave:

Yes, fucking with freshly poured concrete. At the age I went in (15) I was clueless. My home was on the beach which was the best playground I could have hoped for. I hadn't formed any opinions or focus on any idealogy/religion/pshycology/etc.

To follow the concrete analogy, the concrete had yet to be poured, although the mix had already begun. Now add unskilled mason wanna be's and trow um a trowel and a long 2x4. After the conrete cures, hardens, it will reflect the skills of the ones that handeled  the concrete mix.

I dont see myself at the time, having basic knowledge that I could double-cross myself. I probably had about a nine word vocabulary at the time. (whoa, cool, what a rush, dude, got a light, etc). The words, self deception, or perhaps "Selling Out" were words I had heard but really had no idea of their depth and weight.

But with out having the words to know what I was doing, I also did what ever I could do to "GET OUT".  I ran, copped out, whatever it was called later on....but I "SPLIT" as it was called back in the day. I was a "jerk" for a short time (didnt have the tenacity for it), finally I resigned to the idea/notion of having to conform. That was the deepest cut, but it was seen (re-enforced by parents/staff) as the greatest accomplishment. And I could not see and end to the insainity, truely hopeless. I had no street sense and no survival skills, this was also hammered into the forefront of my conciousness, I think as a way to further intimidate and berate me into submission and conformity.

I had to pull off the greatest acting of my life, and sincerity was one of the top ten facets of my...um, character. So yeah I think I understand...took me along time to realize that I had to seriously sit down and seperate the true (perminate) and false (imperminate). So many things were bastardized and twisted...needlessly.

I am seeing alot of sober/straight stories and programs getting thier 15 minutes of fame and I know there is a huge market for these facilities, the parents looking to off thier kids to camp...."you fix um....dont care what ya do....you fix um". I think about the decsion the people make and I KNOW from personal experience of what the outcome could very well be, buy my direct experience and those who had same/similiar experience.

Sorry for the rant, the anniversary of my first intake is rapidly approaching. Every year I recognise the date and the days before it. The day is usually uneventfull...no flowers or cards. I was unaware of this forum last year, so this year seems a lil more intense....guess thats normal.

Thinking a bit more about the "acting" thing...I mentioned that I thought I had the personality that would do well in a monastic setting, more asetic monk...the ones ya find in the deep indian jungles, covered with ash...That might be a bit extreme, but god how I love my home life...got my girl and two maine coon cats. If could just be a mere bit of what they think of me I would consider that my greatest achievement!

Puff Puff Pass
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »
Fuck all the institutions.  "The mighty God is a livin' man". You are God.  We are Gods.  All authority is false.  None but ourselves can free ourselves.

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »
I mean it's ridiculous really...all these social institutions like churches and schools and $tr8 and the law tryin' to claim authority.  

It's like authority is claimin' to teach you how to ride a bike, but never lets you take off the trainin' wheels, all the while tellin' you you're doin' it.  But you are never allowed to grow into your true potential as a human being because authority is always stuntin' your growth and keepin' you from ridin' very far.  We become dependent on the trainin' wheels and they become a symbol of security.  

Who knows where we might ride but authority is afraid they will lose control of you.  You think you're havin' fun and livin' well but you are truly a slave.  The trainin' wheels might as well be chains.  

Authority is an illusion.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Authority is an illusion.

It's no illusion at SIBS, boy...

Love ya!  :wave:

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Yeah ??  I heard you weren't even real.   :skull:

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
...Like the symbol of all institutions should just be a set of childrens trainin' wheels.  The symbol of $tr8; The symbol of the church; The symbol of the school boards insignia; The seal of the president.  The American flag should be a set of trainin' wheels.  even the patch on the traffic cops sleeve should be a patch of trainin' wheels.  The Buddha on the mantle; trainin' wheels...

dragonfly

Chanting???
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »
Zen seemed a natural for me as well. the koans and all. Taoisim seemed to dovetail naturally for me as well. I think what made so much sence in Taoisim was the incessant double speak and toying with words, Straights influence really turned that ancient sect into a joke for me. Christianity really didnt seem to hold any water for me. So where did I fit in?

I had/have respect for the great teachings. And I have admiration for those that can devote thier lives to one thing. There is/was a significant part of me that  yearned to be a part of something...something I believed in. It was not enuff for me to have a belief and cherish it, I wanted to be a part of a group that believed as I do.

Problem with this desire was that for me it was, unrealistic. I would be able to stomach 99% of a teaching. The remaining 1% I would stand fast and not budge no matter how much it was explained to me how I was "wrong". Right away I was seen as difficult....oh my favorite one..."We will pray for you"...Clearly I was not in the right place. I have no animosity towards these groups of people.

These folks wanted to "praise", "worship" and "honor" the God of thier affections. I wanted more. I wanted to see the very face of "that" which I sought. That very idea put me at odds with many people right away. I was raised down here in the bible belt and have been hit with the buckle from a very young age and so am pretty familiar with the resistance I face when wanting to become a "part of".

I realized at some point that this (for lack of a better term) "search" could not be trivialized. That the sacred texts were not to be catigorized (sp), rationalized, disected and discussed, arqued and analized (shityy speeling tonight...sorry). The effort I was extending was meant to see the eyes of "that" which I hold as holy. That effort was all to often cheapened by experiencing it with other people.

In the truest sense of the word, it is private. Not because it's "nunya damn bizness", but more so because it is beyond that which can be spoken. I have said before, that words are pointers, in that they generally point us to something...an object or a thought. So words do nothing more really than murk up the waters. My search then is now tween me and "that" which I hold dear. Who could teach me that? Who could also show me via example of what I wanted to reach? No one.

Our friend Pirate is all to fond of saying "Fuck the institutions" and my favorite, "Fuck Authority"...that always brings a smile to my face. It's refreshing to witness such passion and tenacity!  And the realy cool thing is that he speaks the truth. Or perhaps, maybe, he speaks words that "point" to the truth. For him it is no longer a subject of debate. He has experienced the lyrics, "The mighty God is a Living Man." Rather than "believing", he has experienced that "All Authority is False"

In the 60's there was a popular phrase that said, "Question Authority". Of course this phrase was "pointed" at the establishment...the man. Yet the phrase has ancient roots, going back before the Christian era. I am thinking it was Cicero who said it and I could very well be wrong, but it was said in the context of the "self" as being the ultimate authority and that that should be questioned. Heard that back in Sociology 101...just another random memory.

Pirate, ya said "You think you're havin' fun and livin' well but you are truly a slave. The trainin' wheels might as well be chains." In prison one only thinks of being free, how to escape and ta fill the mind with plans of being out . Life is a prison to. During our stay in this life-prison we entertain ceratin things that make the time go by. Some of these things are poor choices for entertainment, others are phenominal forms of entertainment. But it's just entertainment man.

Why do we need entertainment? Why do we have a need to believe or not to believe? From the earliest of times we have had a "belief" in something more powerful, magical or greater than ourselves, and we have had a substance to change the way we feel. (Also from Sociology 101) I spoke with a woman I respected about this once and she replied "I am going to answer with biggest question in psychology.....So?"

I heard a truth, I know I did...she brought me to silence.

PPP
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

• View Profile
Chanting???
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2006-01-12 15:56:00, dragonfly wrote:

"I do agree Pirate, but for the sake of conversation, lets wonder if it's possible to take advantage of an institutional "spiritual" practice, that is, can we enjoy the support of a group of people with out identifying with them. This seems like true freedom, to come and go as we please, not to simply dismiss, but to be free and benefit at the same time, to be unattached but there.

If it is a reaction, it is dictated by something other than our own inclinations and inertia.

"

... ::alieneyesa::  :silly: ...