Author Topic: Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools  (Read 7927 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools
« on: December 16, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else out there has side effects, after effects and symptoms of the program.

Examples:

I found that I couldn't have fun "going out" anymore no matter what I did, I started to apologize for everything with excessive amounts of guilt for no reasons, I was worried about what everyone thought  - I felt I had to be perfect, I didn't trust people young or old, I couldn't be in crowds - at parties we would all stand around in a circle just talking and hanging out and I would be really really uncomfortable to the point of wanting to flee (just like raps), I was afraid that people would attack me for no reason.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
I also have had some serious side effects from my Cedu experience.  I am afraid to make anyone mad at me as I do not want to be yelled at again When I get pulled aside I get to sick to my stomach because I think that I am going to get yelled at

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
I can think of a few side affects that you don't even realize until years after the program.  One is that you lose your sense of boundaries. You overshare at inappropriate times or you distance yourself when you shouldn't because you are used to people exploiting and distorting your feelings, disregarding your thoughts and feelings in favor of program thinking. Also, you may have picked up some of the useless and abominable ways of interacting.  The real world ain't gonna respond to your little rap tactics too favorably. Basically, I think it fucks with your interrelating skills and your ability to set boundaries, because NO ONE respected any boundaries.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
one of the most distinguishing features that I had thought was just "personality quirks" I later found to be related to traumatic encounters. I jump when someone comes into my periphery and have other hyper sensative awareness of my immediate surrounding and environment. I always make a noise on the threshold of a door because I was encouraged to do such things in my modification when I was a youngster. In situations involving large groups of people I can identify whose attention I have instinctively. If I'm correct or not doesn't matter, I will approach the person. I have never been used to the "games" people play. I'm direct and since leaving my place so many years ago and while there I've had few friends though I've always been "popular". I've had more fistfights and romantic interludes than Prince has had names. But at other times I am reclusive and depressed and during these times I know that the world is fucking with me and I have no control and I think about the feeling I had at that place and how depression was dealt with...I become estranged from anyone and can't leave the house. I think about suicide. I come to this site and see and remember about my time there so long ago, and for so long I've tried to make it work for me, use my "tools". IT helps little, as I've chosen to feel what I feel. It can't be chemical. All the doctors and especially my shrink are wrong, don't they know that everything I need is inside of me. I'm supposed to feel good when I feel bad. There must be a reward for this trouble inside. This is a lot of my life that is effected by the experience I endured. I bought in fully to the idea that I was nothing and my life would go nowhere for two years. Then in six months the place that had so ruefully worn away any individual thinking and rendered me not much more than a scared, betrayed slave; changed into a shelter from the outside world. We were threatened with the realities of the street and warned that without program thinking we were destined for failure. Then they turned us loose after a dinky graduation ceremony and that was that. The only thing, ergo, I got from the program was that without it I'm lost. I hate the program because there is no program. The only thing gained was a euphoric utopian bubble that lasted for a little while, ending exactly the first time I confronted one of my friends or roomates by program standards. There was no message. There is no secret. The program did nothing but hurt. ME. The real ME. Whatever depression related problems or teenage angst I had when I went there was distracted from or distorted by lengthy group sessions in which I was told what my problems were starting on the first day by people whose names I hadn't even learned yet. "Confrontation" style therapy ripped me and my already delicate disposition towards the world and my family life, and replaced it with NOTHING but more angst and indecision. It left me with almost no social skills and a distain for manual labor.
I digress, but in the end these places fuck royally with you religiously/spiritually, pyschologically, and painfully. The emotional growth aspect is equal to rage. It fed on anger and it spawned it likewise.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
PTSD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
amen. whether you bought in or not.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
Overly critical of myself and others and not really feeling part of the world and that I don't fit in.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »
wow, i went to Mission Mountain School, not CEDU, but everything you all have said fit- word for word.  

Wow, it's nice to find commonalitly, albeit in the most distant of places- virtual land.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline rmagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »
i dont really argue with people anymore, you might think thats a good thing but its not.  Im always fake now to avoid comfrontation.  for a while it seemed like i forgot how to have fun in the real world.  even smoking weed seemed kind of like a new thing for me.  i definetely reveal to much about myself with people who cant deal with that kind of honesty.  its been a little more then a year since i left cedu and im pretty adjusted back to the real world but some stuff still lingers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »
Total fear of confrontation.  
Lack of confidence.
Isolation because of this.
Lack of friends, didn't want to get close to anyone.
Total anger for having to go there and experience that bullshit.
Crappy relationship with my family.
Parents still teach tough love.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »
still experiencing the same things as all of you above state after almost 20 years...and it doesn't get better but worse over time...however...until finding this site I had suppressed all my memories of all the physical, emotional and psychological abuse...now I am reliving it all in my head now and realizing the impact that it had...I'm not enjoying the ride...I'm not enjoying thinking about certain "excercises" that we were forced to do in propheets under the fear of hard labor or possible fulltime if we refused to participate...over the last 2 days since i discovered fornits, bit by bit and piece by piece...more is coming back to me. I'm not looking forward to the upcoming days of reliving painful memories that were forcibly suppressed by having to sign a contract never to disclose what went on in workshops etc...not even to our parents...My father is very supportive of me right now and after seeing this site regrets ever sending me there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
i can understand your pain. I went to cedu and i cant go to college without getting trigered by PTSD symptoms. everything trigers me. i cant forgive my parents,memories of abuse.neglict,yelling,storys of rape,beatings,solitary confinment. the list goes on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
my cousin recently graduated from MMA & she is doing great!

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
dunno anything ahout it but if it's anything like CEDU was for me...give it time. Of course, they're doing great you knucklehead.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange