Author Topic: * ---- WWASP is a CULT ---- *  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
* ---- WWASP is a CULT ---- *
« on: December 14, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Mind Control is a suite of psychological techniques that cult leaders attempt to control their members with. WWASP is one such cult.

I do not consider Mind Control to be some magical device which can take away peoples' free will. In other words it does not turn people into some sort of remote control robot. Rather I see Mind Control as a dishonest influence placed covertly on students by the program. So instead of Mind Control being some sort of irresistible force like the aliens in the movies that take over peoples minds, rather it is more like a gun. The program points the Mind Control "gun" at a parent and says, "if your child leaves then they will end up dead or in jail", similarly pointing the gun at the student and says, "if you don't conform then you will stay locked up", "if you don't do what we say you will follow a path of misery and destruction leading to ultimate death and damnation".

We have broken Mind Control up into a series of techniques that the cults use. Together these techniques make up Mind Control.

Deception

A WWASP program needs to recruit and operate using deception. Why?
Because if people knew their true practices and beliefs beforehand then they would not consider it for their child. WWASP needs to hide the truth from you until they think you are ready to accept it.

For example, imagine if the leader of Heavens Gate cult was open and honest about the group and had said to new recruits, "Join us, wear strange clothes, get castrated and then drink poison!" he would not have had many takers.

WWASP has a slick well-rehearsed Public Relations front which hides what the program is really like. You will hear how they ?help teens?, and boast about their 96% ?success rate?. If you are a parent, they will tell you how happy your child will be in their program. But you will not be told what life is really like in the program, nor what they really believe. These things will be introduced to you slowly, one at a time, so you will not notice the gradual change, until eventually you are practicing and believing things which at the start would have caused you to run a mile.

Fear
The program needs to make you believe that there is no where else you can send your teen and still be saved, and if they ever leave the program they will certainly end up dead or in jail. This is a fear based control mechanism designed to keep your child in the program. It also gives the program tremendous power over you. If you are a parent, and you really believe that leaving the program equals imprisonment or death for your child (or means you are abandoning their only chance to succeed in life), then you will obey the program even when you disagree with them. Exclusivism is used as a threat, it controls your behavior through fear.

To disagree with the program is the same as sabotaging your child?s well being. The cult leaders will claim to have direct authority to control almost all aspects of their life. Questioning the leaders or program will still be seen as a sign of rebellion and stupidity.

Guilt, Character Assassination and Breaking Sessions

Guilt will be used as control. If you are a parent, maybe the reason your child is not moving up levels is because they?re not "working the program". Maybe the reason you're not able to take out that second mortgage so enthusiastically is because "your heart is not with the program". It could never be that the program isn't working, or that your intuition about finances is correct. It's always your fault, you are always wrong, and so you must try harder! You will also be made to feel very guilty for disobeying any of the program?s written or unwritten rules.

Character Assassination is used to help create the guilt in you. Character Assassination is a type of false reasoning used by people and groups who have no real arguments. The technical name for Character Assassination is "The Ad hominem Fallacy". This is how it works. Imagine if you will a conversation between two men, Ford and Arthur?

"One plus one equals three", says Ford.
"No I don't think so. You see when I have one thing, and I have another thing, then I have two things not three", replies Arthur.
"I see your point, but what you must realize is that one plus one when calculated in relation to this complex number domain, which I just invented, and then squared by the sum of the ninth tangent in the sequence of the Fibonacci series results in three!", stated Ford triumphantly.

Ok, Ford is wrong, but that is not the point. The point is that Ford tried to answer Arthur's reasoning with more reasoning of his own. This is the healthy way people and groups debate subjects. Now lets see what would have happened if Ford had used Character Assassination?

"Arthur I have been a mathematician longer than you. How dare you disagree with me! You are obviously a very smug and prideful person. I think you are disagreeing with me because you are jealous of me, and to be honest with you Arthur your rebellion has really hurt me and a lot of other people too", stated Ford his face intimidatingly close to Arthur's.

You see Ford didn't answer Arthur's argument, instead he attacked his character. If you are not aware of how Character Assassination works then it is a powerful way to exert control over you.

Breaking sessions (aka seminars in WWASP programs) are when one, two or more program members and leaders attack the character of another person, sometimes for hours on end. Some cults will not stop these sessions until their victim is crying uncontrollably.

Information Control

Those who control the information control the person. In a mind control program any information from outside the program is considered incorrect and bias, especially if it is opposing the program. Only information supplied by the program is considered true. Programs train their employees, graduates and apologizers to instantly destroy any critical information given to them, and to not even entertain the thought that the information could be true.

Common sense tells us that a person who does not consider all information may make an unbalanced decision. Filtering the information available or trying to discredit it not on the basis of how true it is, but rather on the basis of how it supports the party line, is a common control method used throughout history.

Obviously, some have learned nothing from history.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
Add to all this the fact that the seminars are, in fact, Lifespring seminars. Lifespring is a cult. Gilcrease was a Lifespring facilitator, and the WWASPS seminars are extremely similar to the Lifespring seminars. It's all the same kind of bullshit. It's the same cult, with a different name and a different theme. Even the language is the same: "there are no accidents", "based on the results, you got what you intended".

Parents beware: WWASPS is a dangerous, abusive cult, that tears down children's souls, destroys their minds, and breaks up families.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Character Assassination is a type of false reasoning used by people and groups who have no real arguments. The technical name for Character Assassination is "The Ad hominem Fallacy". This is how it works. Imagine if you will a conversation between two men, Ford and Arthur?

This describes the program supporting posters precisely!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
Good job detailing the cult. It makes sense evaluating it this way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
How does discovering what's really important in YOUR own life become a bad thing?  Personal growth seminars have been around for a LONG time and only a small handful of people object.  Look at Tony Robbins and how successful he is.  There's so many more.

so...if you have issues with change, then they aren't the place for you. Just don't slam those that get a lot from it.  It's not your call.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
On 2005-12-15 17:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How does discovering what's really important in YOUR own life become a bad thing?  Personal growth seminars have been around for a LONG time and only a small handful of people object.  Look at Tony Robbins and how successful he is.  There's so many more.

so...if you have issues with change, then they aren't the place for you. Just don't slam those that get a lot from it.  It's not your call.   "

The first post described how you absorb information, so your reply is expected as such. Of course we can opine on our experience with certain programs (cults). Instead of attacking us, and bringing up irrelevant facts (look how popular radical islam is, does that justify it?), why don't you post your OWN experience with personal growth seminars and WWASP and let people decide for themselves?  :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
"so...if you have issues with change, then they aren't the place for you. Just don't slam those that get a lot from it. It's not your call. "

EXACTLY.  It wasn't the place for me, but I was locked inside the facility and had to play along to move up in levels and go home.  It wasn't my call, and that's exactly what I oppose.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
On 2005-12-15 17:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How does discovering what's really important in YOUR own life become a bad thing?  Personal growth seminars have been around for a LONG time and only a small handful of people object.  Look at Tony Robbins and how successful he is.  There's so many more.

so...if you have issues with change, then they aren't the place for you. Just don't slam those that get a lot from it.  It's not your call.   "

Okay, so I surfed on over to Tony's site and found:

If you are committed to working toward attaining the life of your dreams, one that binds achievement and fulfillment into one powerful force, you can trust that we are committed to providing you with all the tools necessary to help get you there.

The site is filled with corny cliche's. Tony Robbins is just one more scam artist cashing in on naive peoples' hope for a magic pill that will make them successful and happy. I am old enough to have seen many of these fads come and go in the corporate world. The only one really becoming successful is Tony himself.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
I dont have issues with change. I like changing for the better, but not for the sake of change.

My problem? Changing becuase someone arbitrarily says to, and that you have no choice in it, and that their methods are abusive.

Nice try with the double bind buddy. But, no banana.

We are a one party country. Half of them call themselves Democrats and the other half call themselves Republicans. All the good ideas come from the Libertarians.
--Hugh Downs

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
First - to the anon who began this thread - great job spelling out the problem. It's one of the best posts on the subject I've read.

Niles - Agreeing with you - Change can be good if its for the better, as you say; But change for changes sake can be a sign of unhappy and unstable personalities; and some change can certainly be for the worse!

I used to argue this point on the BBS - I was happy with my life and with my relationships and so on - change in this case would not be good. Nor was I willing to accept my son's drug problem was my fault, and that this was proof my husband and I  needed to change. *We* weren't the ones strung out.

Yes, I concede some family counseling could and would be helpful - but this strong stress on "change" - and the overwhelming criticism and condemnation of anyone who wasn't wiling to admit they were in need of "change", and would work hard to "change" - that I do and did object to.

Improving communication, empathy, and so on, in a family's dynamics, need not be a coarse in how inadequate and generally awful one is as a person (this need for "change")and that was largely what got me thinking the seminaires were not something I wanted any part of.

The argument was basically - If I am happy with my life, why is there this great need for Change?

Them: You wouldn't be here if you didn't need changing. And, if you will not admit you need to change - it just proves how badly you need to change.

Well, they had a point - but I didn't take it the way they intended. My son and I had no business being there.

I have no objection to admitting some "things" need to change - but this business of changing who people are - how they think - Thats bothers me very much. That is cultic mind control.

And Atomic Ant - I agree with you as well. You are absolutly right.

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-12-16 09:21 ]