Author Topic: Maggies Friend thread  (Read 7494 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« on: December 10, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »
In respect for Maggie's idea to have a thread DEVOID of talk about the seed, we are going to do it!

This thread is to reconnect with friends, period.  You must AVOID talking about the seed in this thread, negative or positive. DO NOT SNEAK IT IN.    :grin:

Negative or positive seed comments will be moved to Maggie's other thread.

Have at it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
Okay I will start.

Maggie, do you remember when we used to go bowling, you me and my sister, at the southside bowling lane behind the youth center?

My highest game EVER was bowled while bowling with you, (206).

I have a confession, I had a major crush on you.  You were a hottie!

Offline JaLong

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »
I have reconneced with some old friends here, and that's what i like about this site. Maggie (Canfield)right? Well this is Julie Burke. We use to hang together. Also Chris, and Robin, and Anne. Friends from my past that meant so much to me. Friends who I have gotten to know again 31 yrs later. Many memories, of the guys house, the Colliseum, ballroom dancing, esp. on New Years Eve. Bowling, just having fun sharing time and ourselves. I want to wish everyone a very Blessed Christmas, and many happy yrs to come.[ This Message was edited by: JaLong on 2005-12-10 18:12 ]

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
Thanks everyone!  

I do remember bowling and yes during those times I thought there were a lot of cute guys around.  But it seemed because of the old Seed rules we were too intimated or maybe it's just normal nervousness (You didn't ever really tell me until now).  I did actually date someone during my Jr and Sr year and then we broke up so maybe I was over dating anyone for a while.  

During that time after the program we did have fun doing the ballroom dancing and I remember going out with my friends and Dan on his boat alot.  Dan, and several others of us use to do  short funny movies and we wanted to send them to SNL.  These were the funniest movies at that time.  We also recorded a song together that was so sweet.  He was my best friend for about a year and I miss him dearly.  This year when I was home right before my Mom died I looked up his parents and sent them an e-mail.  They weren't in St. Pete at the time they were up north for the summer.  Anyway I enjoy keeping in touch with them.  At my Mom's service this year another great friend came to my Mom's service and it was as if I see her all the time.  I was in her wedding, helped her with one of her pregnancies, she helped me be okay with leaving the Seed, we have been around to see each other periodically and it is amazing to me how much it helps to reconnect with her and others.  

My friendships are what I think of because most of those are the most positive experiences I had.  Please don't think I haven't had bad dreams or needed some counseling because I did and I got it--I recommend this to anyone who is still so angry and they can't get over it.  But I thank God everyday I learned about love and friendships.  I don't want to go through life thinking about the bad that happened--I want to live life and have fun--that's my choice.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
Hey!

You edited out the part where you said  " I thought you were cute".

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
I do remember Julie and I almost looked you up when I was home.  Are you working in a hospital in St. Pete?  I thought you said you were a nurse?  

Greg - you were cute (I don't know if you still are since I haven't seen you in 30 years).  just like your comment that I use to be a hottie.  

Happy Holidays everyone.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

Greg - you were cute

"

Still am...

:grin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »
Oh Great.  Another subject up for debate. :grin:
I want to here what Ginger says ... :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
Hey girl -
You were one of the reasons I was able to make it at St Pete Catholic with only you, me, Dave B******** & Tim Mc*** there as the only Seedlings. I appreciated your friendship then & still do! I am sorry to hear about your Mom, I lost my Mom to Alzheimers last year. I still have your info if you don't mind a call over the Holidays.

Oh & BTW, notwithstanding Ginger's opinion, Greg is still cute! Love you to Julie, Robin, Annie & Jan!!!

Chris

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
Oopps, that was me, new computer!

Chris
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
Thanks Chris, But I'd rather Ginger or Maggie say Im cute.

:grin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 11:34:00 PM »
What, me? I never said Greg's not cute. Never said he was, either, cause he knows it already.  :wink:

There are not enough jails, not enough policemen, not enough courts to enforce a law not supported by the people.
-- HUBERT H. HUMPHREY, speech (1965)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »
There was another person at St. Pete Catholic that went to the Seed?  I always thought it was just Chris, Maggie and Dave.  Gonna have to dig out the old yearbooks I guess and see if I can figure out who it was.  Since I went in after you all, probably won't be able to.  I know in my time at the Seed there were only 2 of us, me and Cynthia P. and I didn't go back, I ended up graduating from Dixie Hollins and heard years ago Cynthia became involved with Straight.    

Whatever happened to Janice and Anne? I've often wondered.  Last time I saw Janice was about a thousand years ago outside the courthouse in St. Pete.  Anne not since the day she left the Seed.  And for the life of me I wish I could remember or figure out who Julie Burke is, her name is just so familiar and I also remember doing alot of those same things, dances at the Colliseum, a dinner boat ride, evenings at the guys house, Dana's wedding, progressive dinners in Sarasota and Bradenton, pool parties, lots of stuff I hadn't thought of in years.

Offline Magpie

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
There were also two brothers that came to SPC from Lakewood and to be honest when they came to SPC I tried to talk to them but they wouldn't talk to me because of my obvious bad habits.  So since they were so cute and seemed nice I thought what the hell maybe the Seed can help me too.  And that is how I was introduced to the Program.  I thank God everyday that I was a boy crazy girl.  
After I finished my 10th grade at SPC, my Mom and I moved out to Lakewood area and I finished HS there.  That school scared me because it seemed like there were fights everyday.  One day I got thrown into the lockers just because I had blond hair.  I was not use to the racial issues that seemed to be happening there--I use to wonder if it were truly racial fights or fights over drugs?  Another friend I miss was a black girl, she was a beautiful girl--she was in that picture Chris sent to me that I became pretty close with.  I miss her and hope one day to catch up with her again.  
I do keep in touch with others, but I don't want to use their names out of respect.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Maggies Friend thread
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »
Certain people I would love to know their fate:

Jim H. big redneck half-Indian guy full of tall tales and charm. Used to work with him at a plating company and we'd sing David Allen Coe songs and go get barbequed chicken giazzards from a place on the other side of the tracks as they used to say. Married Cindy who also worked with us.

Bob, the first apartment in Plantation Gardens that I stayed at. Tall blond guy who had shot himself in the chest in a suicide attempt before the Seed, but he was charming and funny. Disappeared one day.

Tom D., a guy who came down from Cleveland - skinny, smart and funny, obsessed with Neil Diamond and Dodge Darts. He was quite a character.
ally Gator