Author Topic: 'Ey...  (Read 1644 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
'Ey...
« on: December 06, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
'Sup ya'll ??  i'm restless and bored.  No good woman to play with, no money in my pocket, sick of drinkin' 'n' smokin' ever'day.  Winter has set in up here in PA.  i can barely afford to heat my house.  i keep the thermostat set at about 60 durin' the day.  

i have a deer hide that someone gave me last night.  i want to tan it and make moccasins.  are there any experienced deer hunters out there who could instruct me on how to tan a hide on the cheap ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
The best self tanned hide is Brain tanned. There is info on the http://www.nativetech.org/ site on ALOT of neat stuff including brain tanning. You can get animal brains at a local butcher really cheap. I use to tan hides at work, as well as a ton of other natural native type stuff. It can be pretty easy. The hard part will be finding a place to make a fire to cure the hide once it's finished. BUT, A brain tanned hide is Thick and White. They are by far the nicest.

You may find a lot of usefulness in that website, It is one of my favorites. Have fun! I have a hide in the freezer also, I need to do mine too. Mine came w/ the head/legs.. so I will be using it's own brain. (every Animal has enough brains to tan it's own hide) And the leg bones can be made into some useful items, My favorite is bone needles for basket making or bone awls for drum making and such.

Now you have found my subject of preference...  :wink:

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »
http://www.nativetech.org/tanning/taneasy.html

Here is the direct link to Brain tanning the easy way!

http://www.nativetech.org/clothing/mocc ... ctext.html

And these are my favorite shoes in the whole world, having a job where I could dress in this stuff everyday was awesome.

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:36:00 AM »
Withdraw,

Hey, nice ta see ya, again.  i got the brains cause i kept the skull, but i thought you had to use the brains and the liver together.  i'll check the links you left and see what i can figure out.  

"every animal has enough brains to tan its' own hide." and i think that would be true of humans as well, literally and metaphorically  :lol:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline fuckbuddy

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
You all have inspired me to go out and rent the Texas Chainsaw Massacre... ::stab:: :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 08:59:00 AM »
Well, in that case...as my friend "Griz" says in a slow deep voice: "Hey, have fun and enjoy".

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
-pirate

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
Pirate, check out braintan.com. Scraping the hair is a bitch, but worth it. Consider honing your skill with two more hides and sew up a shirt or vest. Find a nice girl to do the beadwork. BTW, I met this woman at a primative skills gathering who traps. As I was looking over her trade stock, I noticed a beautiful beaver pelt. She handed it to me to look over and said "Nothings softer than my combed beaver".
I was still laughing my ass off freediving 1/2 mile offshore Lake Erie. Jason

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
On 2005-12-08 11:51:00, misbehaver wrote:

"Pirate, check out braintan.com. Scraping the hair is a bitch, but worth it. Consider honing your skill with two more hides and sew up a shirt or vest. Find a nice girl to do the beadwork. BTW, I met this woman at a primative skills gathering who traps. As I was looking over her trade stock, I noticed a beautiful beaver pelt. She handed it to me to look over and said "Nothings softer than my combed beaver".

I was still laughing my ass off freediving 1/2 mile offshore Lake Huron. Jason"

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »
Above was me; wanted to correct my memory lapse. It was a gathering on Bois Blanc Island on Lake Huron. It's mostly a family type deal with lotsa activities for all.(except no firearms) That's partly why I only attended once and too many yuppie types. i still managed to grasp some great knowledge from the "real deal" folks.
Forgive my typo, I took a nasty skull punch in training today sooo....Jason

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
starry pirate and withdrawl, i am sure i was on phases or staff with you. either want to find out if we know each other?

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »
I was never on staff. [ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-12-08 16:43 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
'Ey...
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
This supposed staffer is dubious. Trust and reveal your i.d. at your own risk. Motherfukkin give anyone else away and I am cracking skulls.