Author Topic: Live at Last...  (Read 11229 times)

Offline LESTAT49203

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2001, 04:43:50 PM »
Re: Live at Last...
@#%$ I'd love to buy the beers, but unforntunately I'am back in Michigan now.  I was a court ordered and not allowed back to the state without going to jail or finishing Straight.  If I would have realized back then, that I would have been out of jail alot sooner than I got out of Straight, I definitly would have picked jail. lol  It was kinda like from the movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"  With Jack Nicholson.  Jack thought it would be easier serving his time out in a psyc ward instead of prison and the next thing ya know the poor guy gets a lobotomy.  Well that kinda happened to me.  Except my lobotomy was a brainwashing.  Start out thinking "I'll just go along to get out of here", then the next thing ya know BAM!  Iam gone and some jackass flapping his arms around like a idiot and singing songs like Zippity Do Da is sitting in my chair. lol  I still get can't believe it.  Seems like it happened to another person or something.  Anyway.  I think maybe you have Harry mixed up with Phil Corben.  Phil was a short guy who liked to were those Cowboy boots.  Harry was a huge Colored guy. (sorry I don't know whats politically correct)  He was my newcomer when he first came in the program and super cool.  I heard he had gone on trainee after I left.  What about the Yahoo Instant Messenger?  Do you have it?  We can bullshit online with it.  Leave your email address if you want and I can send it to you.  Or if you already have it my ID is lestat49203    

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2001, 05:04:37 PM »
you're right, Lestat. I mixed up coolass,calm Harry with that little shitbird Phil. What a punk...

Yea, I've got the Yahoo Messenger, lets wrap this @#%$ up... I'm just not into badmouthing people who aren't around to defend their positions. I'll make an exception in this case. Catcha on the Yahoo.. Jason

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2001, 11:45:06 AM »
welcome
Just Wanted to say Jason,

Glad you found these sites. I was in Cincinnati around the same time that Lestat was in, so our path's never crossed, I also live in Michigan. You sound like a determined person and that's a great strength to have when dealing with a bunch of nutcakes (staff) in a Mind Rape Mill. I "graduate", I put the word "graduated in quotations because I no longer recognize its significance.

I hope your healing today and have a better outlook at life. I prey that they didn't break you to too bad, and that you can move on despite them. Keep on posting, I look forward to them.......

If you want to talk my email address is [email protected]

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2001, 12:36:12 PM »
Re: welcome
thanks, Ken. I kinda stumbled upon this site; glad I did. I realize my above postings may seem sick or twisted, but I don't talk about Straight much and when I do, I just purge as many thoughts and images as possible. I also recognize this forum is not my personal dumping ground, this will be reflected in future posts.

As far as being "broken", I think not. I'm quite certain I did much more self-inflicted damage following Straight.

I must admit, I do take pride in the fact that I never ran away or bowed to those freakin lepers. Funny thing,

when I was sent to my OWN home as a newcomer it only strengthened my resolve to never surrender. Jason

Offline StraightIncAlumni

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2001, 05:13:18 PM »
Hi Jason

I too was in Cincinnati in fact one of the originals that flew up from St. Pete in January 1982.  7th Steped about 11 months after we came up.

Tom had replied about Gregory's crappy food.  It was a feast compared to the stuff we were given in St. Petersburg.  Anyway glad you found the group, I just found it today but run another message board called Straight Inc. Alumni

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want.

Don

Offline doc2714

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Live at Last...
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2001, 11:36:34 PM »
Jason, glad you found this site. I can definitely relate to the constant fighting. I was at Cincy Straight 2+ years between cop-outs and was on first phase for about two years. Copped out twice and was finally KICKED out by Dave Crock (Exec.Staff) for causing a riot of misbehavers. Since Straight I have had several prison stays with the Indiana Dept. of Corrections and numerous mental hospital visits, but somehow I have stuffed it all down for about ten years now and stayed out of trouble. However, it is starting to unravel now (since I found; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Straight_Inc_Alumni)'>groups.yahoo.com/group/St...nc_Alumni) all the rage is right there inside still after almost 17 years. I snapped today and got into a knock down drag out fight with some guy I didnt even know! I make it a point NEVER to fight, in fact, I haven't physically fought since Straight...except today. Do you know the rage I am talking about man? That link I mentioned above has helped me to realize that it wasn't me that thought the program was criminally WRONG in the way they treated all of us. And its not just the "losers", cop-outs, pull offs, etc., many there are graduates and some were on various levels of staff, but for the most part we all agree that Straight was hell. A guy I met at that site I.M.ed me about you (I don't come here too often) and thinks you might be able to help me deal with the @#%$ I am going through right now. I would like to say that it is in no way a Pro-Straight site, in fact I can think of nobody there (at least not posting) who is Pro-Straight. I would like to send a warm invite to you and anyone in the future who may read this, to come, sign up, and get involved...No matter WHAT your point of view is. Yeah, that is the ONLY bad thing about it in my opinion, you gotta sign up! The only requirement for membership is that you be a former client of Straight, Inc.(any branch). I would love to meet some more former Straightlings! Until next time,

LoveYa!

DOC

If you are a parent of a kid which you are considering placing in a coercive behavior modification center or a kid in such a place, please don't spend another day in your solitary hell. Call me at (941)761-3153 lets talk, we can discuss the consequences and the alternatives to such a program.

f you, a loved one, or a friend are or were involved with an abusive treatment center, therapeutic community, coercive behavior modification facility or the like, you are not alone and there is non-threatening, non-abusive help. Don\'t spend another minut

Offline doc2714

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Live at Last...
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2001, 11:43:22 PM »
Also,

at the site mentioned in the above post they dont bleep out the profanity like they do here, and of course it is NEVER censored in any way. We were censored too long at straight!

DOC

f you, a loved one, or a friend are or were involved with an abusive treatment center, therapeutic community, coercive behavior modification facility or the like, you are not alone and there is non-threatening, non-abusive help. Don\'t spend another minut

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2001, 02:32:15 PM »
Hey, Doc...
I know the rage, it used to be my constant companion. Besides drugs and booze, it was (and still is) one of the few constants in my life. I dunno about being able to help you, but I sure can relate to most of the $HIT that you described. It's been cool finding this forum and talking with others like you and Lestat, but I'm not so sure I could/would enjoy chatting with alumni members who had ANYTHING positive to say about the program.

BTW, I thought I was a hard case, but two fuking years on 1st phase...Man, that's real time endurance. You outta go out on one of my "survival" trips, you'd have no problem dealing with deprivation. I do these "trips" to keep me from coming unglued in this artificial environment most people enjoy with great comfort. I don't.

The last time was a weeklong "swamp romp" in the Tensaw Delta in AL. I usually just pay off a local landowner and go native. I like to think of it as a "soul cleanse". You can email me if you want: [email protected]

Take it easy, Bro Doc, Jason.

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2001, 11:08:41 PM »
the other site
Jason, I am a member of the other site too. I think you would at least get a kick out of it.  100 % of the members hated Straight , A few try to remember good friends, but there are some who just need to be @#%$ with and I could sure use a hand!  (lol)     2-DOGS

Offline 2dogs2

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2001, 11:10:50 PM »
  I hate being censored
  "  F. U. C. K .E .D .  W. I. T. H. "

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2001, 11:50:25 PM »
to 2dogs2...
Looks like I'll give the alumni a looksee. I'm just not willing to pussyfoot around with anyone who harbors ANY wavering or mealyass attitudes regarding what went on at Straight. I do not hate the former staffers, but I refuse to accept any excuses for their actions. I may sound hostile; and I am. I'll not be restrained again.

BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed yer post about motivatin' thru da window. Watch yer six, bro dogs...Jason

Offline allen

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2001, 04:58:54 PM »
Hey Jason I bet I know you. I was in Cincinnati from feb'86 to june'87. My name is allen. I was of age, from out of town (iowa) and hosted with the kriegers. I fell pretty bad because i bet i restrained you or at least watched you in an intake room. I remember two jasons. One sang black sabbath and told me baout randy roadeswhen i went to his house as an oldcomer. The other, i guess both told me dirty jokes in the intake room when we were alone. Does that ring any bells? Once i got out of there i never spoke to anyone again. Maybe we can talk. You might be pissed at me if you are who i think you are but you have to believe that even though i was brain washed and bought the bullshit, i never reported you or anything. I have yahoo messenger also sohit me up. [email protected].

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2001, 10:27:03 PM »
Hey Allen, Live at Last is a Black Sabbath album; guess that answers which "Jason" I am.

I'm not pissed at you (unless you believe what was done to everyone at Straight was OK)...

Didn't think so. I remember the Krieger bros (twins)?? Had a bigass Buick Rivi, green i think.?

I don't remember ya offhand, but I was only at my OWN home for a few days and my focus was on my parents. And REAL food. I got ther in feb. 86 also, but was gone by sept. I'd like to talk. Yahoo=Survivitall

Jason

Offline allen

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2001, 11:20:05 AM »
well its good to hear from ya. I'm pretty sure i know who you are and i remember your little humorz. They were appreciated. It always diturbed me that people would just disappear and no one would or even could say anything about it. Of course the jerk off staff always suggested the worst for anyone who left and if you were scared into tneir bullshit like i was then you imagined all sorts of things. There you were going to the psych ward and you were more sane than anyone who stayed there. I'm sure you have a lot of anger but you have to feel good that you held out while everyone else stopped thinking for themselves. I wonder what it was about you that protected you from falling for the whole straight thing.  

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Live at Last...
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2001, 12:49:33 PM »
Sorry, I just can't place you, Allen. I'll just take your word that you were one of the cooler phasers. hehe

You're right, I do have a lot of anger and it's shown up lately since I've been thinking more about Straight...

I suppose that it's good to release, but I definitely need to focus it properly. I kinda blew a gasket on another Straight forum over a silly poll. Not a good demonstration of my reformed and kindly social skills. Har!

I'm sure I wasn't any more sane that most other phasers, I just took a different path to the end game. Many people might argue it took much more mental stability to bullshit or willingly concede to finish what was a genuinely demanding task (graduate). I've gained more respect lately for 7th steppers. In retrospect, fighting and running from the program was easier, but far more damaging, IMHO. I'm just glad I made it out alive. My only host brother did not. (i was on 2nd phase for a week or so, till I discovered it was more miserable than being on the Misbehaver Policy)

Take it easy, good talking with you Bro Allen, Jason.