Author Topic: 16 years later.... and now?!  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
16 years later.... and now?!
« on: November 14, 2003, 01:04:00 PM »
Since I left KBC in 1987 I found it impossible to talk about the program with my parents. It always ended up with a bunch of screaming, blaming, and back turning. In fact for 8 years after that place I found it difficult to have any relationship with them. The last 8 have been much better. I think since I have moved on in my life as far as thinking better and keeping myself a bit healthier I have been able to get closer with my family as well as improve other areas. Although again, there has been no discussion regarding Kids, The Newtons, etc.... Well I think we made a breakthrough.... Last night my father called and we discussed small talk, how he's doing, how my job search is going, school etc.... and of course politics. I tend to avoid political conversations with my family since they are bleeding heart Catholics and conservative to the bone. I am not knocking it; I just don't get it.... We came to the issue of Bush wanting to release grants to "religious groups" that will fund programs for the betterment of our teens etc... (scary) I explained my opinion "I disagree! Church and state are separate for a reason." He asked me to explain... Well, I came right out with it that Newton closed his programs due to the fact that he was a thief, a child abuser, and held people against their wills. That there were numerous lawsuits and settlements that Newton did not wiggle his way out of. And, he also changed his name to Father Cassian and is in FL probably hoping these type of grants get clearance so either he or one of his co-horts can start up another one of these programs. I don't know if this is douche bag?s actual plan but I sure as hell do not want any options for Newton and his supporting criminals. I was surprisingly firm that Newt had no right to hold any of us like he did. That the brainwashing that was in the group also extended to the parents as well. He came back kind of abrupt and said "We (my parents) were not brainwashed. We were convinced that you would leave the program and die." I asked him to explain that reasoning and why I was in there for 2 1/2 years. He had no comment but the previous one that I would die if I left. He also stated that Newton was on a power trip and that he (my father) sometimes pondered the thought of leaving since he sensed something wasn't right... Seems that's brainwashing to me! I asked how he felt when the Newton?s were going to place my 13-year sister in the program for a behavioral problem (you know for extra income). He explained that was not going to happen. This went on and on for about a half hour. I must say it was the 1st time that I actually made my father uncomfortable. I could sense it. I was uneasy as well throughout the conversation but determined to get answers. We went on and on in detail about that dump until that feeling of doom faded... It ended with my father telling me that this was the first time ever that I reached out and explained my opinion with him. The first time where actual conversation between us was civil and just about KBC. The first time he felt we connected and how he hopes that we can continue to talk honestly. Most importantly he said my opinion on "government religious funding" was a sound one. That made me feel pretty good since in my family Republicans can do no wrong. Not sure if I will continue the dialog about the KBC with him but I know at least now I have that option.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »
Rebuplican liberials respond well to money.  Show him the http://www.thestraights.com website, more specifically, the story about Newton losing $11+ million to Rebecca and Lulu, collectively.  
     And congrads on the breakthrough in conversation. I haven't made it that far with my parents, but some walls can't be broken through.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
Family is VERY hard, So I understand,it will never be the same for my family. I`ve tried to talk about my stay there BUT they don`t get it. For some reason my mom feels justified. It will always effect me , I feel it`s a handy cap for living there for 5 years. I know I have the power to make my dailt life better now, but shit still comes up all the time. I`m just letting you know your not alone.

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »
On 2003-11-14 12:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Rebuplican liberials respond well to money.  Show him the http://www.thestraights.com website, more specifically, the story about Newton losing $11+ million to Rebecca and Lulu, collectively.  

And congrads on the breakthrough in conversation. I haven't made it that far with my parents, but some walls can't be broken through. "

Someone doesn't follwo their politics.
Republicans tend to be conservative, while Democrats lean liberal.

But you're right in that Republicans respond to money.  If you wanted even MORE impact, follow the money trail and how it goes back to the Newton & the Semblers, of whom one is a U.S. ambassador to another country and has a federally-funded group pushing disinformation on the public....
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat