Author Topic: The I and Me/The Summit 2  (Read 13928 times)

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit 2
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:11:00 AM »
This was such a great thread that I thought it should be continued...

Adam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
dam Best RMA 1994-96 (PG61)

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Then why didn't you continue it?
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
Because it is annoying to have to go to the 11th page.

- Adam

Offline banana rama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
wanna know why people were so elated when they got out of the summit?  cus they knew  they were going to eat and sleep like a normal human being and that somebody wasnt gonna tell ya that the reason you didnt get a "you live" vote from them was because you didnt deserve it, "cuz you have no dreams."  heck, we were all screwed up, but it sure does throw you into a loop when you get only one "you live" vote. i cant stand princess leah.

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
You were Princess Leia in the costume party?  How come?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
On 2005-10-25 19:46:00, absolutebest wrote:

"You were Princess Leia in the costume party?  How come?"

We didn't have a Princess Leia in my summit.  I'd love to hear about what anyone else had to do. We had the girl who had to do the Miss America swim suit contest. That was cool.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
We didn't have a Leia either, but we had a Luke.

--->Castle

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
Man, this just blows my mind.  I never did the Summit.  I was pulled after my Values, which is unusual, I suppose.  I guess I just don't understand the concept of the costume party.  What point of the experience does it happen during (which day)?  What do they do, just sit around and belittle you?  Make you act out this character and then throw your similarities to him/her in your face?  I don't completely get the concept?  Did it make sense at all?  Or was it just a creative and gripping way of putting you back into your shit?

- Adam[ This Message was edited by: absolutebest on 2005-10-26 13:59 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
Well the costume party was on the 4rd or fourth day. I can't remember. But my character was Whinnie the Pooh. I guess I was supposed to let people see my honey, and whenever people said "NO" or something to me I had to yell like a mother fucker for 10 seconds. Before we were to "Act" out our character, we were supposed to do a meet and greet of sorts. I don't really remember all too clearly, but each character was supposed to represent your vices or something. Then at the end of the day, you had to "Act" your character out. It was very strange, and thinking back on it is even weirder. The day where we were supposed to find our "Contract" to get us out of our "Neighborhood" was by far the worst. It took like all day. We were supposed to say things like "I am Honest and Generous, (Your name here)" But the staff had already picked out for you what your contract was so if you didn't get it right they would like make you feel like shit. I ended up being the absolute last person to "Find" my "Contract" I thought I was never going to leave. Then everyone lifts you up on their shoulders and you are supposed to be enlightened. I think the only reason you felt better was because that stupid shit was over. I mean my Summit was like 30 people so it took all damn day. Every time someone finished their "Contract" there was like a silence before someone else would step up to the plate. It was really quite a traumatic event, one that I would never want to go again. The reason why people were so extatic (Estatic, whatever, happy) when they got out was because that shit was finally over. 5 days+ with like 8 hours of sleep. That was some fucked up bullshit. "You have to maintain an 'open' position at all times" This ment that you couldn't have your hands crossed, your legs crossed. You have no idea how hard it is to sit for 5 days with your palms facing the sky. Or how hard it was to stay awake at 5am sitting in a chair. It was totally fucked any way you look at it. It made the Propheets look like childs play.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »
It has reminded me of some things, thanks.

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
I was Luke.. I made it entertaining   :grin:

(edit: sp)
[ This Message was edited by: chinsk on 2005-10-26 17:50 ]

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
So, let me get this straight... day one and two are like normal raps, day three is the raft exercise and the funeral/death/obituary day, day four is the costume party and day five is neighborhoods/contracts?  I can't get these days straight.  When do you go into Bonners and talk to people, the urban challenge I think its called (or do you)?  How does the Summit kick off?  How do they wrap it up?  What in the hell does "The Rose", roses or "Fame" (the song that everyone dances to) have to do with anything?  What in the hell is the red/green game?  I am confused.

- Adam

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
Best to just not think about it...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »
I don't really remember what days one and two were like. The red green game took place then as did the whole funeral thing. I guess the red green game was supposed to send the message that you should work together rather than try to beat each other. It's a little difficult to remember. I never had to do anything like go into Bonners Ferry and talk to people. That never happened. I guess in the first couple of days there is just a lot of bullshit. They take an obscene amount of time to do everything. It took like 2 hours to go over the "Agreements" of the Summit. You were supposed to sit while the "Agreement" was being said and if you agreed with it, you stood up.  "All those in agreement please stand (brief pause to look who agreed). All those standing please sit, all those sitting please stand." Then they would go over with you why you didn't agree with that particular agreement and why. Basically they made it appear that you had the choice to agree with the "Agreement" yet even if you didn't they would yell at you until you did. For example: I didn't agree with the "Agreement" that you would do anything they told you too. They said that "you have to do anything we tell you too, even if it means hitting someone" or something to that affect. I didn't agree with that. I said, hell no. I'm not going to hurt someone just because Steve Rookey wants me to. Fuck that. Well, it was either agree with the "Agreement" or I guess leave the Summit. I wasn't about to leave the Summit, my high school education depended on it, and since I was so close I figured that I would just comply. The first few days were spent doing a lot of bullshit. I remember there was a TON of "break" time where you had really long journal assignments. At one point they read your journals and since the assignments were so damn long, no one ever had time to finish them. So at the end of like day 1 or 2, while the staff went to sleep in the dorms or something, they made everyone stay up until they had finished their assignments. That took forever, to say the least. Most of the people in my Summit were only like half done, so instead of sleeping for like 3 hours everyone had to write. But since it was like 3 or so in the morning, no one could focus. It was a bunch of bullshit. The "Agreement" where you were supposed to hit someone if they asked you came into play. It was like "Partner up with someone (I think you were assigned a partner for the whole Summit though, and you had to keep tabs on them. Like were they not sitting with their hands in the neutral position, or had they masturbated, which you weren't allowed to do either) and slap them as hard as you can. "One the count of three, partner A slap partner B. One...Two...Switch partners. Partner B slap partner A. One...Two...Hug." It was pretty lame, but I already knew about this becuase I had read someone elses Summit Journal. There were some yelling excersises too, but nothing too weird, or too weird in CEDU terms. Basically after you got your "Contract" it was a state of euphoria. Everything after that was no where near as intense, but still just as weird. Near the end, they brought in all this dank food, but instead of eating it, you had to feed it to someone else, and they in turn had to feed it to you. Fucking weird, I know.

To sum it all up to the best of my memory: Day one is spent going over the agreements and doing some other bullshit. Day two was the red green game and some yelling shit. Day three was the Costume party. Day four was the "Contract". And day five was the feeding people and like reveling in the fact that you were almost done. Day five I'm sure had some smooshing and some other gay ass shit in it as well.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
odd. I recall the feeding each other thing happening after the 4 day solo on the wilderness challenge. Maybe they moved it to the summit after the expeditions changed.

In my summit, they did do the urban challenge. I hated it. It was the stupidest fucking thing ever. But we didn't go to Bonners Ferry, we went to Spokane. I didn't finish all of my requirements, so I had to go back weeks later after the summit was over with other people who hadn't finished it and complete it. It was very embarassing. If I had had a clue, I would have just kicked back and used that money playing video games at the arcade at the mall the whole time, and then come back into the summit and lied and said I completed the challenge.

The thing that sucked the most about the urban challenge was that you couldn't tell these strangers you went up to that you were being made to do this, so people just thought you were nuts, or a loser who was really lonely (unless you had a lot of finesse and could come off really natural at casual conversation with strangers.) If you did tell them, then you were automatically out of agreement, and you would have to do the assignment over. And I was so socially stupid anyway, I just made myself look stupider. One of the people I talked to basically confronted me outright and said "You're really lonely, aren't you?"

Some of the requirements were really weird. Like, you had to exchange phone numbers and addresses with someone, you had to buy someone lunch (one guy in my peer group had the right idea about this requirement, he bought food for a homeless guy. That idea didn't even occur to me. I stayed inside the mall the whole time. I didn't even realize we could have gone outside.) I remember one of the easier ones were to talk to someone of the opposite sex. (Which in my case, got a result of an incredulous "How am I DOING?????" and then them getting up and storming away.)

I'm surprised nobody in the history of the summit got abducted or at least punched. Maybe that's why they stopped doing it, because the potential for a mishap was just too high.