Author Topic: RMA Grads  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
RMA Grads
« on: September 03, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
Some of you might know of or personally know my brother. I've spoken to a few of you about him and I believe Blownawaytheidahoway has actually talked to someone who knew him at RMA.

The dates of attendance are a bit fuzzy to me, but I seem to remember he attended RMA between 90 to 93?

The crux of the issue is simple. My sister, who doesn't understand anything about any sort of TBS program, has been asking me questions about RMA.

Of course being the curious sort she is asking me some rather specific questions about RMA. The sort of questions my brother refuses to answer and views any such attempts at trying to comprehend what went on at the place with outright paranoia.

So can I either get some links or a couple RMA vets who would be willing to speak with her? I'm not at all familiar with RMA's program to even begin helping her understand.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 07:56:20 AM »
what kind of questions does she want answering that he won't?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »
Dude.. everything. The man is walking paranoied psycho.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »
Sure... I'll spill it. Although I think RMA went through some structural changes during your brother's time that I don't know too much about, such as getting rid of families in favor of a new level/phase system. But I could be confused. But I don't have a problem telling her what I do know about the joint.

Starting tomorrow, the week is going to get a little rough for me, since I have to do some damage control so I don't fail this animation class, but maybe towards the end of the week I can talk/type or whatever with her.

Offline mad

• View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
I was also at RMA while your brother was there and would have known him to some degree.  The school went through some major changes while we were students and that led to about 1/2 of the long time staff leaving over a 2 month period.  PM if you have specific questions and I'll see what I can do to address them.
n the road of experience...

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:10:36 AM »
Quote from: ""mad""
I was also at RMA while your brother was there and would have known him to some degree.  The school went through some major changes while we were students and that led to about 1/2 of the long time staff leaving over a 2 month period.  PM if you have specific questions and I'll see what I can do to address them.

Yeah, if you want your sister to talk to someone who's an RMA apologist... I'm sure listening to someone extol the virtues of the program while you guys' brother is an emotional, paranoid wreck will go over well. :roll:

Good source of info on structural changes, but I'd warn her about the editorial department.

Sorry, mad, you deserve it.

Offline mad

• View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about RMA during the time that your brother was a student.

Best, M
n the road of experience...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
RMA Grads
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 11:03:05 PM »
thanks for the replies.