Author Topic: Alldredge Academy  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Alldredge Academy
« on: February 13, 2002, 09:11:00 PM »
If anyone had any info at all on the above listed school, please email me with it at [email protected]
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2002, 09:12:00 PM »
sorry wrong email address  
The correct one is

[email protected]
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline floridAL

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2002, 01:03:00 PM »
I've just learned that 3 indictments have been issued against Alldredge Academy and 2 individuals associated with that institution.  They will be charged with neglect in response to a teen who committed suicide there one year ago.  I will post more information or links to news articles about this as I become aware of them.

Offline floridAL

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 02:16:00 PM »
Alldredge Academy indictments news story at this link:

http://www.masslive.com/springfield/uni ... 18lex.html

appearing Monday, February 18, 2002

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2002, 05:42:00 PM »
Thanks Al! That's going into the archive right now.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »
I am so pleased to hear this, ever since my friend Alex was sent to Alldredge I have been waiting for those people to get their just deserts. A neglect charge is not too serious. I hear that many in the county are former staff members who feel the program has lost its original direction and the views of the management have changed since it opened.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2002, 11:36:00 PM »
I wouldn't believe all that you read... of course people want to hear all of the bad things that are going on, and so the press make it worse than it actually was. Catchy phrases and making matters worse than what they really are, is what sells and gets people's attention. I was there when the suicide happend, and knew the counselor's that were in charge of his group. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to clear anything up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Alldredge Academy
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2002, 02:51:00 AM »
My son attended Alldredge Academy and he felt the wilderness part was very important for him.. He left there almost two years ago and still says he would either be dead or in jail if he had not gone there or somewhere very similiar.  Some of the people he was involved with were arrested soon after he left.  We did not think jail was going to help him in any way, shape, or form!

When he came home he knew of at least three people that were either dead or in jail because of drugs, suicide, or car accidents.  He (and many of his friends, including the ones that died) were not just experimenting with drugs and being obstinate teens.  They were heavily into dealing (and not just pot) and other very destructive things.

We tried counseling (for a year) with someone he liked and trusted (and confided to about his drug use, but not honestly), he changed schools, and nothing seemed to help.

The school part of the program (at Alldredge at  that time) was not very good and was a waste of time for him.

I hope that things at Alldredge are made safer for everyone but know that until society changes a lot this and other programs like them are needed for parents and kids that luckily have something that may change things towards a positive direction.

I sense that many that use this forum did not feel helped by the program that they were forced to go through.  I hope that some day they will see there was something positive about the experience they had.

I went through cancer 8 years ago and I would not trade that experience for anything.  It was very hard, yes, I could have lost my life, yes, but it taught me so much about myself and what is important to me.  One of those things was to make sure my sons grew up and to not worry if they did not like the decisions I made for them.  Parenting is not a popularity contest.  I hope, and sincerely think, my sons love me, but I had to make the decisions that  I made and not worry if they would like the decisions.  Even if my son hated me now I would still feel we did the right thing for him because he would be alive to hate me and make his own choices about life.