Author Topic: Depressed  (Read 1315 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Depressed
« on: October 16, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
Well, maybe frustrated is the right word, because today I come to you with a wide range of issues that should make me very frustrated and very upset. I find that those problems do not make me frustrated, or angry, or even put me up in a huff. These issues make me feel ever so slightly annoyed, and depressed.

I don't understand the world really. There are good people in the world. I know this. I have seen them. FBI officers, police officers, firemen, soldiers, medics, teachers, people of some sort of faith all over the world. These are good people. I know there are evil people to, but I know, from even my short experience that there are more good people than there are bad people. I really don't understand then why evil still exists in this world. If there are more good people than bad people then shouldn?t the good destroy the evil? Is this not why we have police officers, soldiers, public servants? It hurts to think that evil exists in this world and these people seem to be doing as much as they can, or sometimes maybe not a lot, but still they are working on it, yet still it exists.

People are dieing in far of countries because some warlord disagrees with them. People are getting blown up. Children are dieing every where for stupid reasons, like easily curable sickness, and not enough food. It makes me very sad to see things like this. It used to frustrate me, it really did. I used to want to change the world, I used to want to fix every wrong, stop every evil person, make every one happy, see smiles on children?s faces, and help others. But now, thanks to resent events. I just get sad. I see authority figures that I respect, simply because of their position, and my belief that they are good people, just brush it off. Sure, they say they care, and I know they have saved people. I know they have served people. I know them to be good people, yet they don?t seem to want to stop it. they seem to be beaten down by the world. I don?t see flame in their eyes, I don?t see passion. I see good men that just want to get along and protect their own. I see men and women that are heroes, but not on the worlds stage, where I think they are needed the most.

It makes me sad to see such men just living and doing their jobs, loving their families and such. While all this is good in its self I don?t understand when they have the power to do something, they don?t do something. I have no power and I am passionate about doing something, yet when I have the power I am afraid I will turn into them. I'm afraid I will be a hero to a few, and not the world as I wish now. It really saddens me. I think I'm losing the flame, because with age seems to come experience, with experience wisdom, and sometimes wisdom says not to fight, just go with the flow; and that makes me sad.

This will be my last post for a little while because of some events in my life. I wish I could save every one, I wish I could help every one, but as I get older I see that I really cant, and that depresses me to no end. I suppose you could call me a struggling idealist. See you guys around. You can still get a hold of me through IM if you need me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
Sorry you are feeling down OL, but listen, the kids in these behavior mod warehouses have no voice.  If you silence yours, that's one less voice to speak up for them.

Go the distance ... don't quit ... you can and already have made a difference.

:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Depressed
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
On 2005-10-16 12:30:00, OverLordd wrote:
I don't understand the world really. There are good people in the world. I know this. I have seen them. FBI officers, police officers, firemen, soldiers, medics, teachers, people of some sort of faith all over the world. These are good people.

Yes, some of those people are absolute saints. But some are not. Some are just feeding their need for approval by bashing them others who fit the profile. Some of them others (not all) are as good or better than them cops n firemen and soldiers. Some are far better, having weighed the options and chosen otherwise.

I know there are evil people too, but I know, from even my short experience that there are more good people than there are bad people. I really don't understand then why evil still exists in this world. If there are more good people than bad people then shouldn?t the good destroy the evil? Is this not why we have police officers, soldiers, public servants?

Yes! That's why we have them, hire them, pay them and give them missions. And that's why, when it doesn't work out as expected, we hire grand juries and psyche study teams and social workers to try and figure out why.

But, in so doing, we overlook the obvious; the people we hire to be saints are no more saints than the rest of us are (and no less). Delegating responsibility by fiat doesn't really solve anything, does it? Even when we pay big bucks and make ourselves martyrs to "the cause". These saints of ours are just people who get off on the idea.

It hurts to think that evil exists in this world and these people seem to be doing as much as they can, or sometimes maybe not a lot, but still they are working on it, yet still it exists.

Welcome to adulthood. There are no exits, but we'll try to make you as comfortable as possible for the trip. This is the human condition. No serious thinker expects for evil to be banished in this or any other generation. We just hope to carry on the good wisdom given us by our elders (chosen or not) and to do our part to counter their evil ways; to improve on their work, in other words.

People are dieing in far of countries because some warlord disagrees with them. People are getting blown up. Children are dieing every where for stupid reasons, like easily curable sickness, and not enough food. It makes me very sad to see things like this. It used to frustrate me, it really did. I used to want to change the world, I used to want to fix every wrong, stop every evil person, make every one happy, see smiles on children?s faces, and help others. But now, thanks to resent events. I just get sad.

Well, hopefully, you start to undersand your elders. They (we?) may seem to be lunatics at first brush. But, really, we're going nuts over really difficult problems. We know we're barely hanging on. It's no great inspiration when you tell us so. Now, how about some new thinking? How about some new answers that we haven't thought of yet? Foget coercion. We and our parents have played that to the hilt already. How about something else?

I see authority figures that I respect, simply because of their position, and my belief that they are good people, just brush it off. Sure, they say they care, and I know they have saved people. I know they have served people. I know them to be good people, yet they don?t seem to want to stop it. they seem to be beaten down by the world. I don?t see flame in their eyes, I don?t see passion. I see good men that just want to get along and protect their own. I see men and women that are heroes, but not on the worlds stage, where I think they are needed the most.

It makes me sad to see such men just living and doing their jobs, loving their families and such. While all this is good in its self I don?t understand when they have the power to do something, they don?t do something. I have no power and I am passionate about doing something, yet when I have the power I am afraid I will turn into them. I'm afraid I will be a hero to a few, and not the world as I wish now. It really saddens me. I think I'm losing the flame, because with age seems to come experience, with experience wisdom, and sometimes wisdom says not to fight, just go with the flow; and that makes me sad.

Dont' be sad and don't be skeerd. You're just starting to figure things out from an adult perspective w/o betraying the ideals your elders taught you. It's not an easily solved puzzle, by any means. Most people give up long before they solve it to satisfaction and just invest themselves in football or work or whatever Ted Kopel says is important for the week. Most of them can quell the discomfort that way. That you can't just makes you a decent man.

This will be my last post for a little while because of some events in my life. I wish I could save every one, I wish I could help every one, but as I get older I see that I really cant, and that depresses me to no end. I suppose you could call me a struggling idealist. See you guys around. You can still get a hold of me through IM if you need me.

"

Dude, don't be depressed! Please! You found a glaring anomoly in what was sold to you as the reason for all your effort and sacrifice. You asked questions and got almost smacked for it. And you still haven't turned away. And you won't. When you're 30 or 40, it'll still be with you. Damned kid, you think for yourself! LOL

And you dodged the bullet! I can easily imagine how you might have, if you hadn't the presense of mind to think first and talk later, landed in the same stew w/ the rest of us. But you didn't; by luck or by accumen, you didn't.

Get yourself into a position of power and, an ye harm none, do as thou wilt.

:nworthy:

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »
Damn! Yeah - everything Ginger said!

But sometimes you have to take some time out - that's understood too.  

I'm saying this for the second time tonight - but be good to yourself, and realize there are a lot of people beside you.

I hope the events in your life turn into pleasant events, and whatever it is, that you come out with two thumbs up.... hope you're triumphant in whatever this is, and you tell us all about it when you return.

Be well!
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
OL, I know exactly how you feel. Hell, Ive had my moments like this too, where I wanted to say FUCK IT, go sulk for a while, then just live like a hedonist and be selfish and go "mommy take care of me" after I wear myself out and sleep oof all the booze.

I think from time to time every guy just needs a BJ.

Anywho, dont feel bad. The nature of reality is change. Change is the only constant. Its easy to give into despair because so many people are sheep, and among the few that are not plenty of them are evil - and because they are they quickly rise to power. Most people are weak... among the powerful there are the virtuous and the evil.

But yeah, Ginger really said all there is to say about this. You have a brain, you have a WILL, you have a heart, you have a soul, and all of it is good. You are among the good people. It aint easy, but hey, imagine how much existance would suck if it was too easy?

Reality, religion, fairytales, and thought seems to revolve around some constant struggle, constant eternal unending change. Youre not only cognizant of it but youre participating. No one side will ever eliminate the other, but the struggle - to make it better than it was and keep going - is the point, and its something to feel good about.

Nothing will ever last forever. If anything did the change would stop. No evil will last, no golden age will last... all you can do is your part to make it better and contuine to make things change for the better.

But for gods sake man, dont feel bad yourself! I know its just a LOT to have on your mind and your shoulders, and maybe you need time to recover and think, take a break, etc, and it IS overwhelming.

But youve found your place, found out the way it is... and you know youre gonna do something about it. So take the time ya need, and get back on your feet. But feel GOOD about yourself! Youre doing your part to make things better and youre aware of  the truth.

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
Good and evil is a myth. It's all gray.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »
When you are a witness to injustice you have a responsibility.  

Rest your soul and recharge your battery.  We are very close to taking the hill!

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Depressed
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
Passion and hope will ebb and flow, wax and wane, like the moon.

When I'm sad and hopeless, it serves me to remember that it's time to stop giving so much and receive for a while. Granted I can get so caught up that it takes me weeks to realize it, and sometimes not until after the crash.

I call friends for reality checks, take long walks and naps and soaks, find reasons to laugh, listen to inspirational music, spend more time in nature.

I've been in a similar place recently and because I 'allowed' myself to lay in bed long after I woke this morning I got to experience a beautiful thing, that I would've missed had I been up at the crack trying to rid the world of injustice.

I heard a ruckus outside my window- A squirrel screaming and jumping around like a chimpanzee on speed. I peeked out and up to the roof's edge and there sat a beautiful and majestic 'teen' hawk. I've seen many a hawk, but never one that small, always wondered where the babes and teens were. We watched each other for a long while. I was in awe of his unwavering confidence in regard to his purpose in life. No better reminder for me of why I care about other species and kids- those who have no voice in this materialistic culture-  just commodities. And then it's all clear to me once again. I can't stop, because I do care. Care too much at times and neglect my own needs.

Laugh, play, rest, lay in the sun, get lots of hugs, enjoy the very simple pleasures you so deserve, then come back and join the passionate. To do otherwise would be to succumb to the Matrix and kill a very vital part of your soul. Now THAT would be sad and tragic!!! Enjoy your rest OL. The sadness and frustration will pass provided you give it time and take care of yourself.