Author Topic: NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PARENTS  (Read 27366 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PARENTS
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
Ok HydeFan, I challenge you to talk to one of your contacts at Hyde.  Make sure it is either Malcolm Gauld, or Duncan McCrann.  Ask them about the rape of a student who they know VERY WELL.  You can tell them that you think there are vicious rumors being spread on the internet and ask them to dispel them.  Ask THEM how they handled it, and then get back to us!  I think you will be very sorry you called us liars and will be making an apology shortly!

The student told everyone in group how it was being handled, so if you want to call anyone a liar, then call him one because it came from the horses mouth!

Again you continue to say, "it happens in all schools."  You truly did not learn anything from Hyde if this is your attitude. I can just imagine one day you having a child and that child is gang raped and as much as you tell the school these kids need to be prosecuted, you say to yourself, "oh well, the school is not obligated.  We will handle it in house."  You DON'T GET IT!!  According to this boy, the way it was handled was like all things at Hyde are handled.  That talked about it in seminar with a bunch of kids and a non professional facilitator!!  UNBELIEVABLE!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
Slipery is as slipery does, Anonymous.

According to this boy, the way it was handled was like all things at Hyde are handled. That talked about it in seminar with a bunch of kids and a non professional facilitator!!

Hmmmm. The new facts you are alleging today are not that the allegedly raped student was talking about his anger over the rape in a seminar, but that he was upset with the way the school handled it, and wasn't allowed to go to the police.  Is that what you are saying?

The problem is, your sentence starts: "according to the boy", but then goes on to suggest a third person narative of what a third person would have seen, not a report of what the boy said.  This is a common technique (often subliminal) of someone who doesn't want to come right out and tell a lie, but knows what they are saying isn't true.  A non sequitur as you will; a reply that has no relevance to what preceded it.

For instance, if I was writing about what I heard, then I would have written, "according to this boy, he was pissed that the only place he had to talk about this was in a seminar because pressure was put on him not to take it to the police".

Assuming my interpretation is correct (otherwise you should tell us more precisely what the boy said), you are now saying he was allowed to talk about it in a group seminar and did so freely, but wasn't allowed to talk with the police about it, and even when he was so upset, he was really pissed at the process, not just the rape.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?  Even if you had written it this way, it doesn't fit into any realm of reason.  It also shows you have about zero experience with dealing with violent crime victims.

In any event, that isn't how you wrote it, so while you can try and rest your argument on innuendo and trying to reframe the arguement to suggest I don't favor reporting crimes (or something like that), I think most will see through it.  

You say "according to the boy", but the rest of your sentence and the following one don't fit, grammatically or logically.

Honestly, I think you are lying again because you were caught in a lie (that Hyde had a legal obligation that they violated), and are now shift the  discussion by adding new "facts", without actually stating them as facts.

Anyway, I have no intention of calling Hyde.  If you don't want to prove your allegations yourself, that's your problem.  I actually never questioned the alleged rape itself (other than to say I am suspect at anything you say because you are a proven liar at this point).

One last question Anonymous.  If all of this did happen, how come you didn't make an Anonymous call to the police?  As far as I can tell, as between you and I, the only one with a history of not doing "the right thing" with regarding to reporting violent crime is you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
You aren't even worth answering, but I will.  You are trying to play word games in order to make me out to be a liar.  I will say this loud, I AM NOT LYING ABOUT THIS INCIDENT!!

Obviously you are much more educated them me as far as your writing skills, so you say!!  My guess is you are an attorney by the way you write and the fact that you are so self rightous!

Facts:
1) Several boys sodomized a student at Hyde within the last 10 years
2) This CRIME was handled "in house" through seminaring.  The boy spoke out about it.
3) You can try to put words in my mouth, try to justify, or try to do whatever you want.  I DON"T CARE. Fact is a boy was raped and it was not reported to the police.  If you want to continue with your crap about Hyde not being obligated to report it, FINE!!  

As far as trying to turn this around and ask me why I did not report it, well idiot, I went to Hyde at the time, and I did not want to go on 2-4 for going against them!  

You can try to insult me all you want by correcting my grammar, but those really interested in Hyde most people can see through you!!  I would NEVER devulge the name of this student because this was a horrible crime.  No one who had this happen to them deserves to have this published.  I obviously have more integrity than you!  Maybe someone else from Hyde would like to talk more about this, but I won't be the one to hurt this kid more!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
On 2005-10-09 12:51:00, HydeFan wrote:

"Slipery is as slipery does, Anonymous.

According to this boy, the way it was handled was like all things at Hyde are handled. That talked about it in seminar with a bunch of kids and a non professional facilitator!!

Hmmmm. The new facts you are alleging today are not that the allegedly raped student was talking about his anger over the rape in a seminar, but that he was upset with the way the school handled it, and wasn't allowed to go to the police.  Is that what you are saying?

The problem is, your sentence starts: "according to the boy", but then goes on to suggest a third person narative of what a third person would have seen, not a report of what the boy said.  This is a common technique (often subliminal) of someone who doesn't want to come right out and tell a lie, but knows what they are saying isn't true.  A non sequitur as you will; a reply that has no relevance to what preceded it.

For instance, if I was writing about what I heard, then I would have written, "according to this boy, he was pissed that the only place he had to talk about this was in a seminar because pressure was put on him not to take it to the police".

Assuming my interpretation is correct (otherwise you should tell us more precisely what the boy said), you are now saying he was allowed to talk about it in a group seminar and did so freely, but wasn't allowed to talk with the police about it, and even when he was so upset, he was really pissed at the process, not just the rape.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?  Even if you had written it this way, it doesn't fit into any realm of reason.  It also shows you have about zero experience with dealing with violent crime victims.

In any event, that isn't how you wrote it, so while you can try and rest your argument on innuendo and trying to reframe the arguement to suggest I don't favor reporting crimes (or something like that), I think most will see through it.  

You say "according to the boy", but the rest of your sentence and the following one don't fit, grammatically or logically.

Honestly, I think you are lying again because you were caught in a lie (that Hyde had a legal obligation that they violated), and are now shift the  discussion by adding new "facts", without actually stating them as facts.

Anyway, I have no intention of calling Hyde.  If you don't want to prove your allegations yourself, that's your problem.  I actually never questioned the alleged rape itself (other than to say I am suspect at anything you say because you are a proven liar at this point).

One last question Anonymous.  If all of this did happen, how come you didn't make an Anonymous call to the police?  As far as I can tell, as between you and I, the only one with a history of not doing "the right thing" with regarding to reporting violent crime is you."
Wow.  You are really a fucking asshole.  It's plain and simple.  You have no idea how pompous and arrogant you sound, aside from the fact that you defend this wretched so-called "school."

BTW, you have no business correcting anyone's spelling or grammar because, to the literate among us, your spelling and grammar are atrocious.  

I disagree with the poster who thought you may be a lawyer.  I believe you are a liar, not a lawyer (although those terms are somewhat interchangable).  You should edit your posts with the help of a dictionary and review basic grammar rules, as you have scarcely a clue as to how to construct a proper sentence.

You are an obtuse fool who tries to hide behind your language and reasoning "skills," but to those of us who are clearly more highly educated than you and who clearly have superior reasoning ability than you, you appear as nothing more than a tool.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
Know what? It doesn't matter whether this particular incident occured or not. You, HydeFan, have stated pretty clearly that, even if it did happen, you're fine w/ protecting the rapist from prosecution. And you're right, the victim and their family do have the right to decide what to do about it. I just think that's a usful tidbit of information for any prospective customers, that's all. They ought to know the policy on student/student assaults of various kinds before they ship their kids to you.

And thank you for clarifying that. You're a big help.

Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name. Thy kingdom nada, thy will be nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.
--Ernest Hemingway, American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »
On 2005-10-09 13:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

I disagree with the poster who thought you may be a lawyer.  I believe you are a liar, not a lawyer (although those terms are somewhat interchangable).  You should edit your posts with the help of a dictionary and review basic grammar rules, as you have scarcely a clue as to how to construct a proper sentence.

Maybe HF got their degree from Southern Methodist University?  :rofl:

Wicked men obey from fear, good men from love.
--Aristotle

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
Why even bother to reply to this Ass Hole, (HydeFan) on this thread?  Just brings more attention to him.  Attention that he doesn't deserve!!  No one was threatening or saying anything derogatory to him yet he had the need to lash out at anyone who didn't agree with Hyde's methods!  Real Jerk!!

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
On 2005-10-09 17:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No one was threatening or saying anything derogatory to him yet he had the need to lash out at anyone who didn't agree with Hyde's methods! Real Jerk!!"

I loved the irony in this one.  Really!  I actually laughed out loud.  No one was saying anything derogatory to me....but I'm a real jerk?  Do you see the irony?  See you said something derogatory right after saying no one was saying anything derogatory.  Let's not forget that you needn't read far above to see quotes to the effect that I am "kool-aid drinking" "full of shit" "fucking asshole" whose mind was "raped" at Hyde.  Nope, nothing derogatory there either.  Phew!

Now, I challenge you to go back and look at my posts for anything similar. I *think* about the most I have done in terms of lashing out is, on the basis of fairly solid evidence, to call someone a liar.  I probably digressed a couple times beyond that, but hardly any lashing out.  I'm mostly trying to stick to provable facts so we can see who is actually lieing.

To that end, let's look at some other interesting quotes of late....

I would NEVER devulge the name of this student because this was a horrible crime. No one who had this happen to them deserves to have this published. I obviously have more integrity than you!

Bravo!!!  Very noble of you.  How unselfish to potentially secrifice winning the argument by protecting the down-trodden victim.  I guess my only question then is, how do you explain the next two quotes?

Hey HydeFan, why don't you have the courage to ask a certain headmaster whether it is true that his son was gang raped while at the Bath Campus. He spoke about it in group and I seriously doubt he made it up! What irks me is how they chose never to call in the authorities.

Speaking of legalities, is anyone aware of the rape of a certain son of a headmaster? WHY did someone who professes character and integrity not report this to the authorities when it happened? I feel very sorry for this poor kid, not being able to count on his own parents to protect him!

Did I miss something, or did you not just disclose who the victim was, the one you now claim to be protecting?

Anyway, despite your protests and outrage of concern over not identifying the victim, looks to me like you've actually done that in two separate posts.  That would make you....yes, sadly, a liar.  (Oh, and self-righteous too.  I guess that means I ain't the only one with that chip on his shoulder, eh amigo?)

Or maybe those were posted by someone else, and we have two anonymous posters here claiming to have been in the seminar where this was divulged.

Getting back to the topic of lies though, which was how we got into all this in the first place, I thought now would be a good time for a more comprehensive revisiting of the other posts you (or your brethren) have made:

Hyde has a LEGAL obligation as a school to notify the authorities when there has been sexual abuse at their school. Hyde feels they are above the law and can handle everything through seminars and FLC's. Hate to tell you this, but there are laws in the U.S. and they are there to protect our youth. Hyde is NOT ABOVE THE LAW even though they think they are!

Hyde does have a legal duty to report crimes no matter who it happened to.

HYDE AS A SCHOOL had an obligation to report this. ...it is mandatory for Hyde to report crimes they are aware of and they were absolutely aware of this.

Any teacher or staff member who did not report this abuse has violated the law and should be terminated and prosecuted.

What do all these statements have in common?  They are, as far as anyone can tell or has been able to show (though I was and remain open to there actually being a law to the contrary) not true.

And in my posts, I merely used them as support for the proposition that the poster was out of control in his anger and that parents should take note, since if he lies about this, what else do you need to know?

Indeed, we still don't have an answer to the innuendo posted above (see my last post).  Nope, cut and run, call people names, and change the story. That brings us to the most recent version of the story (version 3 now, or is it 4):

Facts:
2) This CRIME was handled "in house" through seminaring. The boy spoke out about it.
3) ....Fact is a boy was raped and it was not reported to the police.

Fact is.  "Fact" "is".  Those are strong words.  It is commendable you have finally relented about the legal obligation, even if instead of apologizing for your lack of intergrity you try and make me the heavy for your having made those statements in the first place.  Indeed, I probably coaxed you into making that lie, so, hey, my bad!

But I keep thinking about the words "Fact is".  "Fact is it was not reported to the police".  Well, I have to ask the obvious:  how on God's green earth would you know the answer to that?  That's all I've been asking for, five hundred and fifty posts later (<---exaggeration, not really 550).  Did this anonymous unnamed "son of the headmaster" say in his seminar that he wanted to tell the police, but his parents wouldn't let him?

Moreso, can you not even think that the question of whether to report a crime is a complex matter to be decided by the victim and his/her family alone?  Why do you think it is that only 16% of rapes are reported, and that rape is called "the most underreported violent crime in America"?

http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/ohe/library/v ... istics.htm

As far as trying to turn this around and ask me why I did not report it, well idiot, I went to Hyde at the time, and I did not want to go on 2-4 for going against them!

You want to know when you are getting close to the truth?  Its when people get more defended, and they start losing reason and typically end up in name calling.  See, Hyde isn't a lock down.  You could have easily dropped a quarter in a pay phone anywhere in Bath and reported this if you were so concerned, and no one would have ever found out it was you.  Somehow I don't think the victim was really your first concern then or now.

And I also think you are lying.  Again (and again and again).

Anyway its bed time here, but I did want to share some points I won't debate you on.  I am very smart (and I thank Hyde for helping me get the education I needed to fully realize that).  I can definitely be self-righteous.  My spelling sucks.  My grammar is sometimes lacking. And yes, I can also be a real jerk.

Here is the thing though.  When people deal with me, at least they know they are getting the truth.  Brainwashed or whatever else you want to say, it is what I know to be true.

We have fairly ample support for the proposition the same cannot be said of you.

[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-09 20:41 ][ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-09 20:42 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
To Other Anonymous,

Only a handful of people could be this arrogant.  Has to be either Joe or Malcolm Gauld!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »
he has a point, u couldve reportd

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
On 2005-10-10 00:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"he has a point, u couldve reportd"
I don't understand how a program for "troubled kids" expects their clients to have more sense and decency than their staff.

Blaming a kid for Hyde's failing to protect its "students" (I use that term loosely) is absolutely absurd.  Are you saying that Hyde is like "Lord of the Flies"?  The children have leadership roles, not the adults?  I'm sorry, but that is just ignorant.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
On 2005-10-10 07:53:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"I don't understand how a program for "troubled kids" expects their clients to have more sense and decency than their staff.

I think we've established that no one here knows what the family did in response to this issue.

I don't believe anyone here has any knowledge of what the faculty did either.

All we know is that the alleged victim voluntarily brought it up in a seminar.

What was or wasn't reported is between the family and police.

Hardly scandalous material, but hey, if you want, keep beating this dead horse.

What I find most interesting is how you all seem to think that reporting was the only right thing to do, whether or not this was in the victim's interest.

Combined with the very poor judgement of disclosing the victims identiy, that shows me you all are trying to make a point so bad (badly? can someone help with my grammar?), you have lost sight of your humanity.

Shame on you all....

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
Last post was me, fwiw

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
HydeFan says someone mentioned who the victim was.  Could you please tell me where it says this?  I don't see it in any posts, but possibly I missed something.  I did see that it is a child of one of the Headmasters, but this could be most anyone as Headmasters have changed through the years and there are at last count 4 or 5 schools.

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
On 2005-10-10 09:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"HydeFan says someone mentioned who the victim was.  Could you please tell me where it says this?  I don't see it in any posts, but possibly I missed something.  I did see that it is a child of one of the Headmasters, but this could be most anyone as Headmasters have changed through the years and there are at last count 4 or 5 schools."

You obviously aren't following these posts too closely, but that's ok, neither is "Anonymous".

It happened in the 90's

Facts:

Last 10 years, but during the 90s, that means from 10/95-12/99 on the Bath, Campus (another thread said that, I can retrieve if you want).  So let me suggest that if you were close to the school at all during that period, you would know the answer.

Any other questions?  Or can we accept that we are some major facts short of a scandal, that at least some of us here are prone to distortion, and that maybe the biggest scandal here is that Anonymous made it fairly easy to publicly identify an alleged rape victim.

Anyway, if nothing else, this stream shows the resiliance of the distorters, and I think the parents reading this should be able to see that fairly clearly at this point.

[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-10 11:12 ]